Interviewing outside your industry

My degrees and background is in a specific area, and I have an interview on Thursday in a completely unrelated field.

I'm worried about questions along the lines of why I want to work for that particular company in that field and will I stick with it, because of these things.

Any suggestions? If anyone wants to know what my background is in and/or what the interview is for PM me.

Thanks!

Good luck on your interview.

I would learn about the company and how your skills translate to the new industry. Where you want to go, change of career, how you add value, how you want to close the loop in your skill sets, etc...

• Author
Good luck on your interview.

I would learn about the company and how your skills translate to the new industry. Where you want to go, change of career, how you add value, how you want to close the loop in your skill sets, etc...

Thanks! I definitely have the how my skills apply to them thing down; I'm just so concerned about them not being convinced I would stay with their company, since I have a completely unrelated masters degree.

As it turns out though, I probably won't have to worry about that question in an interview, because they required some writing samples that needed to be completed on a deadline, and one of the questions was why I'm interested in that position.