I have never been interested in workplace romance but I have been getting some vibes from a fellow co-worker. At first, I dismissed them as similar interests and good karma between us because we get along quite well, but my spidey-sense tells me something else. She touches my arm here and there, looks for me so we can talk, and tells me her some of her interests.

First of a all, I am in a new teaching job which I really love and hopefully will retire there while she will be there for this academic year and then head back to school to obtain a teaching credential. I really admire this aspect of her persona which makes her more attractive and it demonstrates responsibilities.

But since, I am in a "more senior" position than her; I am afraid of sexual harassment if seeing each other does not work out. I swore after seeing a couple of work place romances go horribly wrong that I would not seek one but since she is going to study in a credential program in this area after this school year. I feel that maybe it is worth the risk. What are your opinions on the matter??

If you want to keep your workplace environment simple and uncomplicated then do not do it. It may work out perfectly...but if it doesn't you will now be woking with your ex...does that sound ideal to you?

As someone who has had two workplace romances and then wound up working with two exes, I can tell you it's awkward as hell. But having said that, it's so natural to fall for someone you work with and get to know at a much deeper level than you would at a club, etc. I say do what your heart tells you and even if it doesn't work, as you say, she'll be gone next year.

I'm marrying, moving across the country with, and planning a family with my workplace romance. *shrug* I guess it's a matter of what's more important to you in life. And if it's love, then this "risk" might very well be worth it.