I hate this lady!

laRubiaBonita

I have complained about this lady before…. LS is pretty much the only place that I can ever get listened to about my hatred and loathing of her. I am part of a departmental whole at work, in a division of the department. On my floor there is another division of this department (animal control services) I do mainly landlord tenant relations and rental/ residential/ community issues as well. We each cover each others phones if one of us is away from the office or from our desks. We are both classified as secretaries, but she gets paid more and has more time off cause she has been here longer than me.

Were to start……

The secretary for animal services- we will call her Bitchy- Bitchy is pretty much a bitchy person who looks out for her own personal interest, she acts as if we should be honored that she has graced us with her presence each day. She is married to a guy in a different dept. with in this company, I honestly feel sorry for him.

They have been married 3 or so years, I have worked with her for 7+. She is a ho-bag. She has slept with numerous men in the company as well as has had affairs with married men. She now has a kid with her husband- which has always been her MO for getting married. I know she is still in contact with one of the MM she has been with, he calls and tries to talk to me, but I keep it brief and curt as I think it’s totally wrong.

As I said, she is just a total attitude problem, I hate for her to answer my phones because she is such a terd-head! In actuality though it is me covering her phones more often, especially because she is on personal phone calls when she is here at work, or she is chit chatting with other coworkers and ignoring her phone. Her direct boss is like her butt buddy and is just as big a bitch as she is. Many times she is one the phone with her boss for over an hour… maybe they talk about some work stuff, but mostly it’s personal BS…. And why does she have to talk with her boss on the phone? Why can’t they speak in the office? OH yeah- that’s because Bitchy got to create her own hours after she moved further away….. so she comes in at 7:30-ish and leaves at 3.

These hours are major sore spot to me, I work 9-5, it work with 6 inspectors… aka I am their secretary and I have other responsibilities on top of that. She works with 4 people right now. So at 3, I am now supporting 10 people! The phones at work do not even “turn on” until 8am. So basically she get’s to come in at 7:30 and have quiet time. Also when this change in hours was made it was never discussed with me- I found out in a FYI email from her saying basically “ my new hours 7:30-3 will start Monday, don’t forget”

It was than explained to me that yes, I would be covering her crap for 2 hours everyday. I was soooo livid- I went to HR, they basically said suck it up, be team player.

Another thing is Bitchy, my boss, her boss, and our dept. director are all friends… they all go way back and basically scratch each others backs.

Bitchy and her boss go to lunch together and spend well over an hour out- do you think they take that time from their vacation or work additional time… no.

Bitchy also hogs supplies, which are company supplies. She has a personal cabinet full of stuff with signs not to touch her stuff.

She has a lewd crude mouth- which I do too and I can gutter talk with the best of the guys, but I refuse to make innuendo comments like she and her boss do…. I will make suggestive comments but I do not direct them to anyone….

Then her boss… ugh, she acts like I am supposed to be her secretary after 3, and gets attitudey with me sometimes if I do not take messages correctly- I just want to tell her to check herself and remember who she has allowed to leave at 3.

Again, I really have no recourse as far as talking with upper level staff- they all just give me this fake sympathetic look like ‘yes- we know she is a bitch….” I do not get it! Her job is not that hard- obviously or she would need to work for real hours.

All I can do is pray that she gets herself knocked up again, and hopefully will not be able to afford daycare- so she will quit and have to take care of her kids…..

And I think I should be compensated for doing her work.

Any suggestions?

From the looks of it here, frankly, you're screwed.

Forget the stuff about her sleeping around or that she has a potty mouth or is hogging company supplies. That's not really relevant to her job function. Irritating, a major problem for you - don't blame you, frankly - but not at issue as far as her job is concerned.

First mistake was going to HR. That's never, ever a good idea. Upper level staff, as you've discovered, may be sympathetic but they aren't about to get their hands dirty. And if she and her boss are of the same mind-set (and it seems that way from what you've written), going to her isn't going to improve anything.

You should be compensated for doing her work though. Best you can do at this point is to record everything that's over and above your job description that is actually in her job description. Then, when salary review time comes, make your case. Keep it factual, clear and free of emotion. Never mind that she's a b!tch and sleeps around and all the rest. Everyone already knows that. Where the rubber hits the road is where she's off-loaded work onto you, and you're entitled to be paid for it.

Good luck!

• Author
laRubiaBonita

i added in her personal faults just to illustrate how deep it goes- and to point out the fact that she makes this crap, her personal life, pretty public to draw attention to herself.

i will not be compensated though- we did not even receive a cost of living increase this year.

and to irk me more- Bitchy and her boss went to some stupid photo thing around 12... bitchy even told me she didn't think they should have to take an hour of leave for it, but supposedly they did..... anyways, here it is almost 2... she leaves at 3, so she has put in 5 hours out of her 8.

oh, and she comes in at 7:30 leaves at 3.... put we have 8 hour days, so i am not sure how that math is done.... must be a special formula i am not privy to.

• Author
laRubiaBonita

2:45... Bitchy and bitchy's boss are back- they went to lunch... of course. so where is she? chit chatting with my boss of course, will she do any work for the next 15 minutes of her work day? highly doubtful.... is she covering her phones- no.

it just pisses me off sooooo much and what can i do? nothing because then i look like a whiney baby that nobody listens to anyways