the monotony is affecting my happiness

hello all. i need to vent really and will gladly accept any advice. i've had the same job for 11 years now. i need a change, but it's hard as ever to find something else that will pay my bills as a single female. i can't just up and quit...

i am actively still posting my resume, making phone calls to try my darnest to find something else. im not as upbeat as i once was.these years are weighing heavy on my spirit because much is required daily on my job, but the available resources and environment are not always the best. but still, the standards are held high for what i do. i care not to disclose.not top secret,just rather not say.

i need some serious advice. any websites or other job types out there that allow more flexible time. that's what i need more than anything.

HELP...

Wow, you could be me. I've been in my job for 10 years now. Very monotonous, when it's not nerve wracking because of the amount of attention to detail required. well, you can read my sob story in the "Boss won't manage" topic.

Have you managed to save up some cushion money? That is the very first thing you need to be doing, get on some kind of savings program. Even if it's not enough for you to quit your job, you will be amazed at how it opens psychological options to you, knowing that you have a cushion saved up. You will start to think differently about your options. It gives you some psychological wiggle room that you may not feel you have right now. It will definitely help lift your spirits a little and give you some HOPE. sounds like you're out of hope. You have to have some kind of plan, no matter how vague.

I didn't have much savings 5-7 years ago but then I stopped spending my extra money on expensive stuff, stopped putting stuff on my credit card, and stopped blowing my tax refund check on clothes... it's amazing how the money started to add up in my bank account.

• Author

thanks notkelly. i have a little money saved and could take my retirement out. however i don't think its a good idea to draw from my retirement...and it's not much.thinking of going back to school and doing a part time job thats not too stressful. something has to give. im praying and making calls, sending my resume and "hoping". i know that i my spirit would be much more free when i let go of this job...i envision it quite often.thanks though. you gave me more hope.