beautifulearth83

Hey ya'll...I work at a restaurant and there is a bartender that complains about things a bit. She didn't seem like she was having the best day and was being a bit territorial about the bar area...I was working behind the counter and she was yammering about a wine bottle opener to a waiter...and I was in between the two...and the waiter gave me a look that said jeez what's the big deal...and I giggled and smiled just because I guess it's good to laugh things off and such, plus I was having a good day, so didn't want to get mixed up in any serious drama...well she ended up kind of getting mad and slightly yelling at me about how it isn't funny...I think that she took it personally and I just brushed it off because I could tell that she perhaps just wanted more to get mad at...I didn't feel like I was in the position to apologize for having a good day...so as I tried to talk to her throughout the day she would walk away from me and ignore me...and now she kind of responds to me but I have this weird guilt like I'm supposed to explain myself or apologize, but is that really necessary? I know that only I can find that out for myself, but I was wondering if I could have some input...kinda sucks because I'm not sure that I'm going to see her at work this week even if I did want to apologize or whatever....I just want to get along with everybody, but also try not to get mixed in the bad vibes...so i'm just not sure if I'm overreacting about this...

Don't go out of your way to apologize for her drama. You didn't do anything wrong.

Honestly? She sounds like a huge bitch.

I can't see how you did anything wrong.

Sometimes though, people take against us and they never tell us why, and we never know why. If this person is still cool towards you in a few days' time, I suggest asking her (gently) if there is a problem. And if she flies off the handle, try not to respond the same way. If you don't know the best way to respond right there and then, just say you will think seriously about what she has said and that you will get back to her later. That gives you a chance to think things over and maybe come back here for more advice before you reply.