almost broke my back

Today at work,I almost broke my back having to carry a big huge bag of Happy Meals.It was so darn heavy.But I had to do it cause my boss wanted me too.What does he think I am? Superman? I get frustrated when he has me lift heavy things and always worry about falling on my arm or breaking my back,one time I did rush to get my things done and fell on the slippery floor and fractured my arm.I was almost not able to use it again,that how bad it was. I mean these bags of happy meals were in one huge bag and the bag was bigger then me.One of these days I fear I will break my back.Im a little mad cause he didnt ask me if I wanted help.

Patty

You get paid to do a job...you can do it or not....therefore get paid or don't get paid. It's part of life, accept that.

HokeyReligions

Never be afraid to tell your boss that you might need some help with something. There are federal and state laws regulating the weight of what we can lift without a support belt, and what we can lift with a support belt. Even if the weight of the item falls within those regulations, everyone is different and if you can't lift something then tell you boss that you need some assistance.

A good boss would much rather you ask for help then risk injury.

Hokey is absolutely right.

There are OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Association) regulations on how many people are required to lift something that is a certain weight, or something that is shaped in a certain way. (Clumsily shaped objects generally need more than one person.) There's actually a big, long equation called the NIOSH lifting equation that figures all of this out.

I'm quite positive that McDonald's must conform to OSHA regulations. (You can do a search on the web to see what these are...I'm sure there is a web site.)

Tell your boss it is too heavy for you to lift on your own. Do a search into the OSHA regulations and lifting equation to back up your claim. There's absolutely no reason for you to endanger your life at this job.

Heck, I used to work at Wendy's back in high school, and I refused to clean the grill and fryers because of the hot grease, and also wouldn't mop because of the slippery factor. I explained to my boss what my concerns were, and it was not a big deal. He just found other things for me to do...and I still got to work the drive through register, the most coveted location in any fast food restaurant... :bunny: