wasnt invited to the Christmas Party

Last week I was working and heard everyone around me talking about the Christmas Party.And I thought to myself "why wasnt I invited" They didnt invite me last year either.My last boss I had would post on the wall whenever there was a Christmas Party.This boss I have now doesnt do that.He just chooses not to let me know about it.He doesnt make announcements purposely cause he doesnt want me there.I think hes against me.

Patty

He just chooses not to let me know about it.He doesnt make announcements purposely cause he doesnt want me there.I think hes against me.

Hmm, don't you think that maybe you're being a little PARANOID here? Why are you so sure it has anything at all to do with you? Don't you think you're just making a wild leap?

Who's the one who organizes this staff party?

Where is it held, at someone's place? At a hall or public place? At his place?

Are you positive that it's not just that maybe there was a some kind of notice about the party, or a memo that went around, etc..and you just missed it?

When you overheard the others, last week, talking about the party, what kinds of things were they saying about it? You didn't pipe up and ask questions or say something to the effect of "hmm, how come nobody told me about it?"

Have you ever considerd, given the problems you seem to have with your boss in general (your perception of how he talks to you, treats you, etc), looking for a new job? Surely there must be something else you could do, no? If you're so miserable and thinking that everyone is out to get you/boss can't stand you, why not get yourself out of that environment and start over fresh somewhere else? Surely that's not the ONLY Place to work, in the area you live in?

• Author

Hmm, don't you think that maybe you're being a little PARANOID here? Why are you so sure it has anything at all to do with you? Don't you think you're just making a wild leap?

Labels belong on jars not people.

I just write how I feel not trying to be paranoid.

Patty

No need to be so hypersensitive here. I simply asked you a question, about whether or not you're reading more into things than are really there. You seem determined, through your posts I've read here, to believe that your boss is out to get you. Okay, so you weren't invited to the Christmas party..but do you KNOW FOR A FACT that he purposely failed to invite you? Maybe it wasn't even HIM who did the inviting, maybe he delegated someone else to do it. I asked a lot of questions in my response to you, but you've ignored them all..and have chosen to just get all defensive.

There's a big difference between "thinking something is true" and KNOWING IT TO BE TRUE. Okay, you feel your boss purposely didn't invite you to this party because "he's against" you. This is your feeling about it all, but that doesn't mean it's the case. There might be some logical explanation as to why you weren't invited..like I said, maybe you missed the announcement of it, maybe it was a memo that went around that you didn't read. No point accusing someone of something unless you have actual proof.

Patty, Patty.

Try looking at things from a different perspective.

Why don't you make the effort to talk with your co-workers?

You MUST have at least ONE person you talk to regularily at work right? Are they going?

Come out of your shell and be social! Who knows, you may even get along with your boss at the party and make another friend!

Above all, try not to stress about it, most people generally don't like people until they get to know them!

Me for example, I come across as an unapproachable person MOST of the time! (hey...I'm working on that) However, if a person at work says hello, I make a point of returning the courtesy with a hearty: "Hi! How are you today?"

Give and take right?

Cheers!

ACE123

• Author

Who's the one who organizes this staff party?

Where is it held, at someone's place? At a hall or public place? At his place?

It is usually at a hall.

Are you positive that it's not just that maybe there was a some kind of notice about the party, or a memo that went around, etc..and you just missed it?

Im positive of that,cause when my other boss was around she would make post about it.I feel I missed it.

When you overheard the others, last week, talking about the party, what kinds of things were they saying about it? You didn't pipe up and ask questions or say something to the effect of "hmm, how come nobody told me about it?"

I heard someone asking the other person if they were going to wear a dress.

Have you ever considerd, given the problems you seem to have with your boss in general (your perception of how he talks to you, treats you, etc), looking for a new job? Surely there must be something else you could do, no? If you're so miserable and thinking that everyone is out to get you/boss can't stand you, why not get yourself out of that environment and start over fresh somewhere else? Surely that's not the ONLY Place to work, in the area you live in?

I would like to work another job but not sure what Id be good at.

Im very sorry.I was going to answer your questions but I had to think them through.Sorry Im not a fast typer.And I didnt ignore your questions.Sometimes I wish I was perfect.

To make a long story short, Im sorry my post wasnt perfect.I know you were trying to help and all I did was say my opinion.

In fact Id like to say thanks for all the kind words you gave me.

Your so right.Im wrong. Maybe I misunderstood your post.GEESH im SORRY

Hope this post is better cause I gave you some nice compliments and answered your qeustions.

I limit myself coming here.I do to many things wrong.

Patty

Sometimes I wish I was perfect.

To make a long story short, Im sorry my post wasnt perfect.I know you were trying to help and all I did was say my opinion.

In fact Id like to say thanks for all the kind words you gave me.

Your so right. Im wrong.

Hope that makes you feel better. Hope this post is better cause I gave you some nice compliments and answered your qeustions.

Oh for crying out loud! LOL Stop with the pity party, and the self-deprecating mumbo jumbo. Playing the "perpetual victim" is not very healthy, and it can turn others off.

I wasn't asking for "nice compliments" fercrissakes, I was merely asking YOU questions so that maybe you could better think this whole "situation" through more clearly, and perhaps come to realize that you had misinterpreted things. You accused your boss of doing something, but didn't seem to have any actual proof of it.

By the way, you can't stand your boss, so why would you even WANT to be a party where he's there? Isn't it bad enough you have to deal with him at work, would you really want to have to deal with him at a gathering that's supposed to be happy and fun?

As for you not looking for another job because you don't know what else you'd be good at....well come on, that's not an excuse. Tons and tons of people take new jobs each and every day......they try new things. Whether's it's as a cashier, working in a fast food place, shelving books in a public library, working at a grocery store, working a little kiosk (booth) in a mall, etc etc. You can't KNOW if you're good at something until you give it a try.

The job you have now, did you know you were good at it BEFORE you got that job? I doubt it?

Stop with this "putting yourself down" over every little thing, feeling sorry for yourself, thinking that everyone is against you, etc etc. People are generally turned off by those who repeatedly feel sorry for themself and play the victim all the time. You know?

• Author

I hear what your saying.I forgive you.I didnt mean to take it so offensively.I have a bad habit of misinterpert everything I hear.I work on it everyday.Thanks for the advice.

Ill take it one day at a time.

Happy Holidays.Where I live we are getting snow on Christmas Day it will be a white christmas.

Patty

I seriously doubt they aren't telling you about the party just so you won't be included. But, if that WERE the case, it might be because you make people feel uncomfortable. No one wants to walk on egg shells around another person. Try to make yourself more approachable and people friendly. :)