Not sure if my boss has a crush on me

I used to consult for someone and now he's hired me to work for him on a 6 month contract. When I consulted for him, he visited me at my office - it was a very informal environment, we got along really well. Now I'm at his office and it's extremely conservative, which is fine. But over the last two months our relationship has been extremely strained. I know that this has nothing to do with my work performance. I'm getting the impression that he has a crush on me, or maybe I'm disappointed that we seem to no longer be friends and I have feelings for him? Do I ride this out and leave as soon as diplomatically possible? Or should I try and handle this by asking what gives?

• 2 weeks later...

Let me first ask you this all-important question : What happens when the relationship ends?

Then you have to see each other in the eyes every single day, in disgust.

So do yourself and him a big favor : Meet nice people outside of your professional setting !!! Because there is danger lurking in office romances, genuine risks to your career and credibility, along with your mental health...

It's not worth it.

Is he married?

If you're already 2 months in, why not ride it out till your contract is over, and then see if he asks you out?

If he means anything to you, you will wait until you no longer are working for him or under contract with him in any way. By doing this it will keep your credibility intact as mentioned before and it will also not jepordized his professional rep (yours either). :D

Use the time of your contract to do a superb job. You can also use it to naturaly find out more about this guy's character. As you get to know him better as a coworker, you may even find he better left as a "fantasy" as oppose to someone you would want to seriously date.

BoredPerson

If you are a lower ranking young female employee who is not linked to a direct profession (for example accounting or engineering) it is your duty to put yourself into a position where you boss can hit on you. If he does you should sleep with him because he is the only reason you have a job. The reason why a professional should not is because you don't want to get the reputation of being a slut. But if you are a marketing or HR assistant it is probably expected of you to be one.