work & dating

please advise

Hi,

I recently started a new job and I have a crush on my co-worker who sits next to me. I am in a relationship currently that is going down hill very fast. I mentioned that my boyfriend and I are basically broken up casually one day. Do you think that he may be discouraged from wanting to get involved with me? He does text me outside of work occasionally and seems interested at times. please help i am very confused.

Yes, having a bf is usually very discouraging to another guy.

If it doesn't discourage him and he goes after you while you are dating someone else, then he's ok with you cheating on your bf. So, he doesn't really respect you.

End it with your bf, or forget about making googly eyes at this guy. Don't be one of those women who can't end a relationship unless she's already started another one.

You should also be really cautious about dating a guy who sits next you at work! If things go bad between you, like he dumps you after a few dates or after you fall in love and he finds another gf, then you're stuck sitting next to each other. I'd wait a good, long time before ever getting involved with a guy at work. You need to get to know him much better than you do.