Coworker and her BF

So yeah she talks about him 3 times a day every day. Unprovoked. Said he was an alcoholic. Tells me about all the nice things he gets her.

Ladies we don't care about your BF's. We care about your girlfriends ok and when your going to set us up with said girlfriends.

How do I tell her I don't care about her BF or should I just ask if he has a sister? Will that get my point across?

If this person is more than a co-worker and is a friend then you should care about what is going on in her life. If she is not a friend then I would be worried as to why she is telling you about her BF being an alcoholic.

• Author

We've never met outside of work so to call her a friend would be a stretch. She has said that she tells me more than she tells her BF. I found that odd. Like she said he gets to the point where he can't even walk drunk. What do you say to that? I wanted to say "Yeah that was fun...in College"

You say that is unhealthy, and unless you want to see this guy die in his 20's - 40's of liver necrosis that you should get him some help or just get him out of your life. Almost sounds like she wants you to "save" her from him or something odd like that. Sounds co-dependent.

• Author

Interesting. She has said that he drinks because of stress. He's in finance so I can see why. She has said that she gave him an ultimatum. Honestly, I think she might be caught up in the whole new relationship thing. It's her first one.

I of course only listen and rarely give advise, so I feel like it's not my place. I never share my personal life to her yet she feels obliged to dump on me.

Just today she gave me a list of all the things he bought her. Makes me think she's validating why she's with him. All the nice things she's getting.

She sounds like a Loser. I would change the subject EVERYTIME she talks about what he got her or what she got him, Or her huge laundry list of things she tells you ...

If she is not your friend. Do not feel obligated to listen to this stuff. She talks to YOU more than her BF !???

Listen she might have made this guy up fabricated in her head and tries to make you jeolous. Or at least it could be real but where she takes it isnt...

• Author

I did say after she rattled off the list:

"Damn, was this for Hanuka?"

Like is it wrong for me to think I should be getting something out of this? Like if she's telling me all this crap and tells me more than she tells her BF you'd think I'm a normal and sane person right? So why can't she introduce me to any of her friends? Like if she was single I would tell her I have friends I could set her up with. Granted I wouldn't subject my very good friends to her somewhat stale conversation.

I did say after she rattled off the list:

"Damn, was this for Hanuka?"

Like is it wrong for me to think I should be getting something out of this? Like if she's telling me all this crap and tells me more than she tells her BF you'd think I'm a normal and sane person right? So why can't she introduce me to any of her friends? Like if she was single I would tell her I have friends I could set her up with. Granted I wouldn't subject my very good friends to her somewhat stale conversation.

Sounds like she is treating you like a sounding board. A doormap to dump her issues on...Next time , leave the area when she starts it.