LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Chronically Late

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th July 2008, 5:25 AM   #16
Established Member

Being chronically late is a way to take passive-aggressive control in a situation where you've agreed to do something but you have doubts. For some people, this is the case all the time.

What if you're just lazy?
Wonderlandless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 10:39 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlandless View Post
Being chronically late is a way to take passive-aggressive control in a situation where you've agreed to do something but you have doubts. For some people, this is the case all the time.

That just proves my point. Lazy people have doubts about almost everything.
Storyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 10:43 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlandless View Post
Then you wouldn't be late. You just wouldn't bother to turn up at all.
Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 10:43 PM   #19

The psychological version of "why am I ALWAYS late" is that you are unconsciously letting others know that YOU are more important than they are......

might be worth considering
Old 14th July 2008, 10:47 PM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyrider View Post
Bingo.. ST has it right.. it is about control for some..

I happen to be on time all the time.. 5-10 mins early is typical but I also know that I'm abby normal in this aspect.
Old 14th July 2008, 10:54 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_Critic View Post
Bingo.. ST has it right.. it is about control for some..

I happen to be on time all the time.. 5-10 mins early is typical but I also know that I'm abby normal in this aspect.
does this mean you are aggressive-passive then ?
Lookingforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 10:56 PM   #22
Established Member

My boyfriend has a habit of being late. I dont know if it's ADD or what lol. He's been anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours late. He gets tied up doing things.

I've had the conclusion that people that were born late are perpetually late. I dont know why but it seems to be a trend lol.

I was born a month and a half early, and I tend to be early to things, except work. LOL. For that I'm always on the same time unless I hit traffic.

I really wonder what it's like to have SO MUCH to do that you lose track of time ALL THE TIME. I just dont have that much to do lol.

I try not to judge or let it bother me, but when there becomes a point in time where I'm negatively affected, I won't be able to keep putting up with it.
Old 14th July 2008, 10:57 PM   #23
Established Member

Wink

There are 3 types of people :

Always early

Always on time

Always late

When one do you readers familiarize with with friends and coworkers . Or even yourself ?

I don't know alot of women who sit around saying " God I hate men. I would love to rub their testicles in honey and feed them to the ants. " mary3
Mary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 12:21 PM   #24

I'm always late in the morning. I like sleeping too much, and my bed is too comfy. It takes an alarm clock and my husband to get me out of bed unless I'm really looking forward to something.

If I'm late during the day, it's my bad luck. I have the worst luck of anyone I've ever known. I was heading to a job interview one day and was stuck behind a four lane, both way traffic accident. Even though I called the potential employer 20 minutes before interview time, they wouldn't even let me reschedule my interview. Also, I always get stuck behind the slowest driver on the road, with the second slowest driver in the lane next to him.

Also, if I'm late it's because I've tried to pack too many activities into too short of a time. There is a physical limit to how much you can get done in an hour, period. I always try to leave early but by the time I'm ready to go I'm already behind.

Of course, having anxiety and having to check locks, windows, A/C, pets and coffepot 3 times before leaving doesn't help!
I'll meet you further on up the road."
Desperado620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 4:48 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally Boo View Post
I can be 30 minutes early to work and stop by a gas station, down the street, and somehow manage to be late because I realize I was in there like 15 minutes. Even when it's happened, I don't understand how it's possible. I have a watch. I don't know how to force myself out of this, but I have to.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
The above is the crux of your problem. In thinking that you have plenty of time, you end up being late. You have it in your mind that it would be bad to be extra early. Make a decision to be early, even when you think you have plenty of time. And do not stop anywhere. Go straight to where you are planning to go.

I'm curious as to how this is affecting your job. I will fire people over this. It's a huge pet peeve of mine.
Angel1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 10:23 PM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
That just proves my point. Lazy people have doubts about almost everything.
Not only that but they think that their time is more important than someone else's. Not malciously, just selfishly.

My friends husband is like that, he is ALWAYS late. Says he'll be home by 5pm, he doesn't show up until well past 6pm. Funny thing, everyone is used to waiting for him, one time my friend was meeting her hubby downtown, she got to the place they were going to meet at downtown, he called and said he's going to be about 20 minutes late, so she decided to walk around abit and do some window shopping. Anyway she went back to their meeting place, and he was so pissed off that HE had to wait for her.

Self importance.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote