corporate gifts - thank yous

Opinions please.

I need to put together some corporate thank you for your business type items.

I was looking at the typical gift baskets..... not impressed. Seems kinda tacky. I've gotten them myself and really was not all that thrilled because I am aware of the lack of energy and thought it takes to give one.

Looked at waterford items and such..... nothing got me excited.

Need ideas.

Men what would you enjoy getting as a corporate thank you? (dont tell me a BJ) :lmao:

Ladies your opinion??

Families vs. singles?

These are for clients that spend $10,000 to $60,000+

underpants

I guess it depends on how much you want to spend. Or what the limit is on corporate gift/tax deduction is.

You could get.

Tickets to the 2009 Masters. :sick:...:lmao:

Practice round tickets are cheaper and easier to get.

That seems very corporate for some reason.

A boat rental, catch a big fish trip?

All expense paid family vacation to South of the Border. :lmao:

That should be pretty cheap.

Maybe a family pass to Carowinds?

I agree that prepackaged gift baskets seem to be ...meh. However, if you made a personal one for some of your more valued clients that would show thoughtfulness. Any of the above could be included in a personally themed basket.

Do you know some of your clients hobbies, or personal likes?

I think you should definately include a fork.

• Author
I guess it depends on how much you want to spend. Or what the limit is on corporate gift/tax deduction is.

You could get.

Tickets to the 2009 Masters. :sick:...:lmao:

Practice round tickets are cheaper and easier to get.

That seems very corporate for some reason.

A boat rental, catch a big fish trip?

All expense paid family vacation to South of the Border. :lmao:

That should be pretty cheap.

Maybe a family pass to Carowinds?

I agree that prepackaged gift baskets seem to be ...meh. However, if you made a personal one for some of your more valued clients that would show thoughtfulness. Any of the above could be included in a personally themed basket.

Do you know some of your clients hobbies, or personal likes?

I think you should definately include a fork.

I am dealing with people that pay cash for Beamers.....

As corporate gifts I mean gifts for business. Not NPO.

I want to avoid the Harry and David thing.

Perhaps some symphony tickets?? Gourmet Chef in their home for a day??

I was hoping to spend about $200- $250 per client.

I hate when I purchase something and I get a gift I know I really paid for and it shows I obviously paid too much for the service or item I purchased because the thank you gift was so extravagant.

Perhaps an above ground pool? :lmao::p

Trialbyfire

Your business is fairly new so you want to ensure for brand recognition and repeat business, if at all possible.

Why not get something chi chi you can engrave personalized thank-you messages on, with your corporate logo and/or business name? If it's an elegant but practical gift, it will be a constant reminder.

underpants
Perhaps some symphony tickets??

I would re-gift that.

Gourmet Chef in their home for a day??

I would love that.

I was hoping to spend about $200- $250 per client.

I hate when I purchase something and I get a gift I know I really paid for and it shows I obviously paid too much for the service or item I purchased because the thank you gift was so extravagant.

This is a good point.

Got any drinkers?

You could get a fancy bottle of something.

Art_Critic
I am dealing with people that pay cash for Beamers.....

As corporate gifts I mean gifts for business. Not NPO.

A4a.. there is nothing you can buy someone like that that will turn their head..

A good bottle of wine.. they have those and maybe have more expensive ones...

Honestly.. don't over think this.. maybe the smaller the better in this case..

Is there anything you could give them that comes from one of your business's.. such as give riding lessons to anybody in their family ?

A nice prepaid diner for 2 might be good.. but they will most likely give that away to a friend...

You could also host a special event for all of them at once.. buy out a block of baseball tickets at your stadium and provide a bus to pick them up at xyz location and time...

Can you imagine how fun it would be for everyone to get together.. and think of the networking ..

Male sure you setup their dinners to be bought at the skyhigh restaurant that most stadiums have in the upper decks...

• Author
A4a.. there is nothing you can buy someone like that that will turn their head..

A good bottle of wine.. they have those and maybe have more expensive ones...

Honestly.. don't over think this.. maybe the smaller the better in this case..

Is there anything you could give them that comes from one of your business's.. such as give riding lessons to anybody in their family ?

A nice prepaid diner for 2 might be good.. but they will most likely give that away to a friend...

You could also host a special event for all of them at once.. buy out a block of baseball tickets at your stadium and provide a bus to pick them up at xyz location and time...

Can you imagine how fun it would be for everyone to get together.. and think of the networking ..

Male sure you setup their dinners to be bought at the skyhigh restaurant that most stadiums have in the upper decks...

Exactly I cannot turn their heads with the $ end of it..... but I can turn their heads by learning about them... finding what makes them happy and what or how to make the gift to actually mean something to them as an individual.

I have one pegged with their favorite sports team... overheard them talking about that team in a excited fashion.

One is a major art collector.... lost on this one..... and geeze I kinda wish I was single!!! :p

another STAHM... 4 kids.

I usually don't bothe with the smaller jobs.... I send a follow up note thanking them and a small gift that is under $20.

My company does a lot of customer appreciation events:

- golf outings, where you book a course and invite all your customers to play, provide beverages/food, and they get a discount at the pro shop

- ballgame events - host them in a box or suite at some ballpark of choice depending on the season

- museum or art gallery events, where food and beverages are provided, and there could also be a topic-relevant speaker. We've given away Tiffany gifts at these events.

- if it's a small to medium sized group, you can invite them to a dinner at a nice restaurant where you reserve a room for the group, or the whole restaurant

- if you're near water, a boat cruise for the group with music, food and beverages

underpants

One is a major art collector.... lost on this one..... and geeze I kinda wish I was single!!! :p

How about a custom art piece created by an relatively unknown Southern artist???

:lmao:...just kidding.

Seriously,

That one seems easy to me.

Tickets to an upcoming art event in their area.

Private gallery tour and lunch hoity doity thing for him and a friend.

How about one of those places where you can make your own pottery, paint it and have it fired. He could get hands on and make his own art piece. That might be cool.

You could give out tire planters to all with your company logo painted on it. :lmao:

• Author
How about a custom art piece created by an relatively unknown Southern artist???

:lmao:...just kidding.

Seriously,

That one seems easy to me.

Tickets to an upcoming art event in their area.

Private gallery tour and lunch hoity doity thing for him and a friend.

How about one of those places where you can make your own pottery, paint it and have it fired. He could get hands on and make his own art piece. That might be cool.

You could give out tire planters to all with your company logo painted on it. :lmao:

How perfect!!!

Perhaps a great piece of sculpture is a good idea..... hummmmm? A bust of my busts?

One is a major art collector.... lost on this one..... and geeze I kinda wish I was single!!! tickets to a hard to get into exhibition? Or a "little something" by his favorite artist

another STAHM... 4 kids. oh, definitely a day at the spa with the works – mani/pedi/massage/waxing wherever needed/lunch/drinks. Because if she's got four kids, chances are, they come first, especially when money is tight and she puts herself last. My niece just loves when her mother sets her up to get her legs waxed because it's not somethign she'd do for herself. The Gourmet chef thing is a good one, too

I think it's very commendable that you try to match your offerings of appreciation with something they like or need or want. Much more special than a mug or Tshirt you're not going to use!

We've been giving out flash drives, (1gig) with our logo on them.....BIG hit!

Art_Critic

We give those out too.. we did pick a 2 gig model though.. we put our portfolio on it so it autostarts a presentation when they plug it in..

We give those out too.. we did pick a 2 gig model though.. we put our portfolio on it so it autostarts a presentation when they plug it in..
We thought about doing that as well.....it got voted out because when you plug them in you're usually wanting to transfer files over.....not watch a commercial.

I suppose if it were set up with an option to not auto play that would be fine...

Trialbyfire

Love the idea of branded flash drives. There's also multi-card readers, bluetooth headsets, etc., that could be branded.

How perfect!!!

Perhaps a great piece of sculpture is a good idea..... hummmmm? A bust of my busts?

Hmm... make sure it is made using Murano glass.

I like this idea better. I've used the drives and actually watched the presentation. Now the autoplay stuff gets annoying after 1 minute and with all the information security stuff running around. This activities are usually prohibited. Plus for clients who paid $10k to $60k, these seem tacky.

Golf balls, key rings, some gifts I've received were wine, tickets, tour experiences, and others.

It depends on how well you know them. One type won't fit everyone's idea of a good gift.

I used to like golf balls, usb drives, and wine but now I have way too many of them.

How about experiences like tickets to plays, sports events, signed books.

hmm... how about a Murano glass bust of your bust and sell the proceeds to charity? You can have a party, special event, and it is something different for select clientèle.

Just in case some don't like the party, offer the Omaha steak version with veggie and carnivore choices.

• Author

What about a high grade version of a digital photo frame..... tacky??

Or binoculars and sporting event tickets?

or would that indicate really bad seats? :lmao:

What about a high grade version of a digital photo frame..... tacky??

Or binoculars and sporting event tickets?

or would that indicate really bad seats? :lmao:

If you have clients who like good jokes. It would be funny.

Give them binoculars for the second row on the 50 yard line.:laugh: