carrotgirl

My days are, once again, numbered with this corp. My supervisor stopped responding to communication. I don't know whether to laugh or be disgusted at the appalling lack of professionalism and human decency.

Who runs a company this way? If I'm to be let go, have the balls to tell me so. Instead I have no idea what I'm walking into tomorrow morning. All I know is that it cannot be good. I spent the day cleaning out files and cleaning up my home office.

I'm pissed. I'm pissed that he's pissed. I've been working like a slave and I need to take time off. I asked for a 2 wk break. He was shocked as if I'd hit him. I couldn't take my holiday when he wanted me to and things snowballed from there.

Looking on the bright side this solves GD together or not together issues much more quickly. I will have more time to relax and get my shhit together mentally and emotionally. I will have time to clean and repair all that's fallen to crap. I'll be out looking for work in a recession. Wonderful!

Carrot

Trialbyfire

Hey carrot, if you're accessing your email remotely, don't forget to print off any correspondence that would be beneficial to any civil suit you choose to pursue, if necessary.

• Author
carrotgirl

Yah. My machines are ghosted. I've already burned everything to disc. I have no plan to take legal action though I've considered it a few times over the years. It's not likely any could be taken against me. Considering the highly volatile nature of the work, it's in everyone's best interest to play nicely.

I'm burning though. Six months of relative respite on the job and now I'm being shut out because the truth hurts? It's bullshhit.

Carrot

It's funny how rich people expect the world to revolve around them. For future reference, it's not a good idea to demand a few weeks off when the company is going through tough times. It comes across as selfish, and then they ask why they continue to support you when you run for the beach at the first sign of difficulties. It's good to be rich, and not need a job. With any luck it will stop you complaining for a short while, and

I will have more time to relax

Many people don't have the luxury of sitting on their arse all day, and just waiting for the next opportunity to knock on their door. After all, there's no rush. Affluent living is a right, not a privilege.

Anyway, rich people tend to be coated with Teflon, from my experience. So they probably will be forced to keep you on, or deliver you a huge and overgenerous severance package.

Art_Critic

If your supervisor has a boss or someone over their head then :CC their supervisor and I'll bet 10-1 your supervisor will reply and the chances are you will only have to do it on one or two emails.

P.S. Stealing intellectual property from the workplace does not always go unpunished. You should be very careful. Remember, employers pay employees to work for them, and they supply their employees with very expensive resources, so the employees are definitely not entitled to take anything they want for their own private use. The stuff you create is owned by the company, unless specific alternate arrangements have been made.

• Author
carrotgirl

Oh get bent Nemo! You're just pissy because there weren't any big dick references in that post! :p

You've made some pretty inaccurate assumptions. In case you haven't seen any tabloids at the market recently, I'll remind you, and anyone else who wonders, that wealth and beauty aren't shields from pain or anguish.

When GD said he didn't love me, I felt pain. When I studied my own family's rather public and nasty divorce spectacle in class at university among my fellows, believe me, I felt pain. That's right. Having cash in my pocket and looking a certain way doesn't make me impervious to hardship or heartache.

I must pay my bills just like everyone else. While I may have earned a cushion that protects me from living on the street tomorrow, it doesn't mean I can be income-free for the rest of my natural days. Or rather I hope not since I'm not that old.

And make NO mistake, when I say have some time to relax, I mean, have more than oh, three hours of waking time a day on ANY given day. Weekends are the same as weekdays for me. Holidays, the works comes along as well.

Go troll around somewhere else or be supportive. And if you have a question, ask it. Don't assume. I'm not about to apologize for being either beautiful or having earned a good living for myself (to date ;)). I've worked hard for what I've achieved and I know it.

Carrot

• Author
carrotgirl
P.S. Stealing intellectual property from the workplace does not always go unpunished. You should be very careful. Remember, employers pay employees to work for them, and they supply their employees with very expensive resources, so the employees are definitely not entitled to take anything they want for their own private use. The stuff you create is owned by the company, unless specific alternate arrangements have been made.

Oh my fuccking god are you completely on crack? When I say I've been cleaning out files, I've been cleaning out MY files. My own personal files. What is wrong with you? What kind of people do you associate with that you assume the worst in humans without even seeking to ask first?

Intellectual property is a litigious topic potentially, sure. Since I get paid to think and since the body of work I produce for this company is all very publicly documented, it would seem silly for either side to think I am stealing my own brain away out of any other reason than it must accompany my body wherever that goes!

Carrot

I'm not about to apologize for being either beautiful or having earned a good living

I guess I would take every opportunity to be smug, if I had legitimate justification. Good for you.

Anyway, I find it a bit offensive that you say I am not being supportive. I have offered you some great advice, especially the part about intellectual property. I mean, "ghosting" machines sounds a lot like taking a complete copy of their contents! That ensures that any critical intellectual property and confidential company secrets get "piggybacked" onto your personal data backups. Sweet. It's a great plan, so long as you don't get caught.

Obviously I am being constructive, and offering my very best advice, complete with poignant and empathic overtones. That much is clear. And it's truly amazing, when you consider that I've never really been in your position, or anything remotely comparable.

• Author
carrotgirl
If your supervisor has a boss or someone over their head then :CC their supervisor and I'll bet 10-1 your supervisor will reply and the chances are you will only have to do it on one or two emails.

Thanks Art_Critic, I'm kind of close to the top of the food chain. The only real recourse, should it play out so negatively, is taking it to the board which is ridiculous. This will have to be a wait and see for all of us.

Thanks for the thought though. It's a good one.

Carrot

• Author
carrotgirl
Obviously I am being constructive, and offering my very best advice, complete with poignant and empathic overtones. That much is clear. And it's truly amazing, when you consider that I've never really been in your position, or anything remotely comparable.

In that case, I extend the olive branch and a hearty apology for misunderstanding. Nemo, I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?

Regarding that smug comment... Is it really smugness to be self-aware? I'm often wrong about many things which I often cop to right here on these boards! But is it smugness to objectively (and subjectively too) know what one's self-worth is? It's a question...

Carrot

• Author
carrotgirl

You can't get blood from a stone, But you can get juice from a carrot.

Today I was not axed. Merely yelled at, "The president and I discussed this all weekend and bittch bittch bittch bittch bittch."

I have zero respect for bullying or threats. Neither cow me. With a smile I capitulated that I didn't know everything and welcomed their guidance. They could show me how to do the work right. And faster. And better. They will show me how to make 25 hours where there were only 24! Or something like that.

It lasted less than 12hrs. By 9PM my boss had tired of his new role as the Carrot Keeper. It turns out that he couldn't get 25 hrs of work out of 24. It turns out that I don't sit on my duff all day daydreaming about tall, young studs with yummy, giant cocks. Oh. Wait. Never mind...

Carrot