Writing your own review~ suggestions?

Every quarter we have to write our own review for bonus' and every June we have to evaluate ourselves for the past year and again write an assessment which will determine our merit increase.

I feel like it's pointless because your manager has already determined your worth, and not on the year as a whole but on recent events. I think its nice to be given the opportunity to represent yourself to them, but how?

So do you rate yourself high or in the middle?

Lookingforward
Every quarter we have to write our own review for bonus' and every June we have to evaluate ourselves for the past year and again write an assessment which will determine our merit increase.

I feel like it's pointless because your manager has already determined your worth, and not on the year as a whole but on recent events. I think its nice to be given the opportunity to represent yourself to them, but how?

So do you rate yourself high or in the middle?

High (but I also back it up with goals reached, initiatives undertaken, $$ time effort resources saved, blah blah yada yada).

Look on it as basically backing up a request for a raise - use the same criteria

Try to stay objective and keep to the facts. Hold back on the self praise. Your boss just needs to be reminded of why he should give you a raise.