I'm a programmer and work with asp.net. Would it be beneficial toward getting a better job and better pay if I complete the microsoft certifications? And if so, which ones would help the most?

Buachaille Etive Mor

As someone who did an MCP back in 2006, I can tell you that I did get a bit more interest from recruitment consultants as a result. A few companies also use it as a discriminator in job adverts to limit applicants. However, I don't think it adds a large amount of prestige to your CV. IT, and software in particular has been an area where commercial experience (i.e. years of using a particular technology) counts for more than paper qualifications (especially specific vendor qualifications).

Considering that to finish an MCITP or MCSD could take up to a year depending on your current level, number of modules to sit or the type qualification itself, it may not add more than just sitting tight and getting the extra year of experience that you would likely have done anyway in your current job.

I'm a programmer and work with asp.net. Would it be beneficial toward getting a better job and better pay if I complete the microsoft certifications? And if so, which ones would help the most?

It can improve your pay but not by much. As another poster mentioned, an MCP is not worth much but an a full MCPD, MCDBA, MCAD, etc... can improve your chances of passing HR's cut.

There are some certs that are worth more but a good start is usually the technology you are working with.