New co-worker, I'm sure she likes me and I do to but...

Anyway there's a new employee at my company. The times we walk by each other smile and say hi there's obvious chemistry. She really likes it when I talk to her, but she's also shy at the same time..she won't walk by me and say hi/talk until I do.

A few days ago we had a company event/party. There was some flirting and teasing and she's my type of girl..I just fell in love with her personality. In that short period of time I learned a lot about her. Although I'm not a judgmental person I found out she's Bi and smokes. Smoking I don't mind too much but the Bi thing is what confuses me. I have a female friend that's bi, but I'm not into her so it doesn't bug me at all.

At the party she showed me pics of a woman she used to date, and then a pic of her 'girlfriend' on a bike.. Then some other time when another girl comes by to talk to us, I walk away to make a phone call. Then when I come by again she told me she felt lame because she thought she scared me away... And then everyone and me wound up going to the bar downstairs and on occasion I saw she was talking to another guy (from my company) and saw them talking and hugging tightly once.

I want to ask her out...but this is all so confusing...

Anyway there's a new employee at my company. The times we walk by each other smile and say hi there's obvious chemistry. She really likes it when I talk to her, but she's also shy at the same time..she won't walk by me and say hi/talk until I do.

A few days ago we had a company event/party. There was some flirting and teasing and she's my type of girl..I just fell in love with her personality. In that short period of time I learned a lot about her. Although I'm not a judgmental person I found out she's Bi and smokes. Smoking I don't mind too much but the Bi thing is what confuses me. I have a female friend that's bi, but I'm not into her so it doesn't bug me at all.

At the party she showed me pics of a woman she used to date, and then a pic of her 'girlfriend' on a bike.. Then some other time when another girl comes by to talk to us, I walk away to make a phone call. Then when I come by again she told me she felt lame because she thought she scared me away... And then everyone and me wound up going to the bar downstairs and on occasion I saw she was talking to another guy (from my company) and saw them talking and hugging tightly once.

I want to ask her out...but this is all so confusing...

Is it that you are uncomfortable with her labelling herself as bisexual or are you afraid she'll leave you for a woman?

I take it it's the former. If you really like her and enjoy being around her, then perhaps you need to figure out what precisely your concerns are. You won't be able to move forward with this person if your mind is fully of confusion and worry over her sexuality. It's natural to be confused if you've never dated a bisexual woman before.

Are you threatened? Afraid she may leave you for a woman? Nervous you may not measure up? What exactly bothers you?

• Author
Is it that you are uncomfortable with her labelling herself as bisexual or are you afraid she'll leave you for a woman?

I take it it's the former. If you really like her and enjoy being around her, then perhaps you need to figure out what precisely your concerns are. You won't be able to move forward with this person if your mind is fully of confusion and worry over her sexuality. It's natural to be confused if you've never dated a bisexual woman before.

Are you threatened? Afraid she may leave you for a woman? Nervous you may not measure up? What exactly bothers you?

I think my concerns are more based off stereotypes that bi's are promiscuous/unable to be monogamous (such as the pics she showed me on her phone and the other guy she was talking to at the party)...and that they're pretty much open to 100% of the population.

Hm..maybe I should just ask my bi friend about this to get more insight:lmao:

• 2 weeks later...

I say leave her alone! Doesn't anybody go to work to work anymore? Why not find someone outside of your work circle to date?

watchingthewheels

When I started working, I heard that you shouldn't dip your pen in the company inkwell. (I like that better than "don't poop where you eat.") But really, if you're uncomfortable with the situation now, think of how awful it will be if you break up and you still have to work together.

SoHotZanzibar

Ask her out. Get to KNOW her. You don't have to marry the girl.

Give her a chance before you get all judgmental on her.

Ah! the wonderful world of Bi-sexuality... has made me tons of cash.

(sorry back to the subject)

I have a relative that lives this kind of lifestyle. It takes one that tolerates and understands this kind of personality.

Get to know her, and then you'll see if she is the type that having a BF & a GF simply acceptable because she swings both ways. (seen this before and they dont consider it cheating!!- Crazy world!)

She can also be just a "friendly" chick and may be an excellent partner.

But I agree with my fellow posters- Dont dip the pen in the co. inkwell!!!