Have to call someone I haven't spoken to

Hello,

I am seeking advice for a work-related situation. About five years ago, I was engaged to be married. During that time, I met a man through my job in which I saw him on ocassion when I had a particular assignment. We flirted a lot and I thought he was really attractive. That was it. We never hooked up or anything, just a lot of flirting. I know it was wrong because I was engaged, but it happened.

After I got married, the man I flirted with stopped speaking to me. I can't blame him. I got transferred within my company so I wouldn't have to see him anymore, but even after all these years, I've always felt bad for flirting with him. (I told my husband about it a while back.) Now I have to call this man for an assignment I am working on and I am so nervous. I am really nervous he won't be kind. (He was always kind to me before.) I keep putting off calling him, but I need to do it soon. Does anyone have any advice how I should handle it? If he's pleasant, I'll be OK, but if he has an attitude I will feel awful. I just want the phone call to go well. Any suggestions?

ElvenPriestess

If he knew you were engaged then honestly, you should not feel bad if he's bitter. He knew better. He knew you weren't single. Now as far as the phone call, you just be professional. It's a business. That's how things are supposed to be. And expect him to be professional too. If he starts getting offish just remind him that you're on a BUSINESS call.