is he flirting or being friendly??

dreamintruder

whats your opinion? i have a crush on a guy at work. actually he doesnt work for my co but is a rep for the products we sell/service. we are both single and everyone at work has noticed the attraction between us so much so they feel the need to play matchmakers making comments/suggestions for him to ask me out. well its been a year and a half and nothing has happened. i was thinking maybe hes just the friendly outgoing type but everyone else says he is definately flirting by the comments he makes, gets so close to me when standing that i have lost my balance not realizing what he was doing yet he still wont ask me out. im not the mgr of my department but i do have alot of influence. alot of times we work on solutions with my boss not present. according to one person that has flat out asked him if hed like to go out with me, his answer hasnt been no but of concern because of our professional relationship. now im beginning to think hes just not interested but doesnt want to hurt my feelings so he continues he flirtations.im in my late 30s hes in his early 40s but im beginning to feel like im in jr high school again.:confused:

Salesman flirt. It's not unusual if they do. Why not find out if he's previously committed aka has an significant other? This is usually why a guy, who maybe putting out signals, has held back for such a long time.

If he doesn't have an SO, why not turn on the big green light and put out your available sign?

• Author
dreamintruder

actually hes not that type of rep. i work for a luxury car dealership so it could cause a conflict of interest. and its been confirmed that there is no SO and hes been told im definately interested. he transferred across country so there are no friends/family here.

actually hes not that type of rep. i work for a luxury car dealership so it could cause a conflict of interest.

A rep of any kind has to charm, since they're in a form of customer service. In many ways, they're all salesmen, in that they sell themselves.

So, with the potential situation of conflict of interest, is this worth it? Perhaps that's what's holding him back. Is this what you're saying?

Sounds like he may just be flirting.. Im not to keen on work relationshipd, I feel they always cause tension.. But you say you dont work in the same department! go for it then!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
dreamintruder

well if he's only flirting then there's nothing to go for. as far as the conflict of interest thing it would hurt him more than me so it is possible that's why he's holding back even if he is interested. just not sure why he'd continue to flirt if he is not interested knowing that i am....im thinking i should forget about it and let things be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
dreamintruder

update******so my crush was at work for one of his regular visits, turned out to be pretty stressful. as he was leaving a coworker, he and i were discussing how stressful it had been when my coworker said to him that he and i should go out and have drinks together. needless to say i was caught off guard by her playing matchmaker yet again then he smiled and said we'd have to bring my boss. i kinda rolled my eyes and then he said dont worry we both know he wouldnt stay long then he smiled again noticing my shocked reaction and walked out. damn this man is so confusing but i guess it proves the conflict of interest idea is a concern. any thoughts on this?? hes driving me crazy..........