Ok, I'll try to make this brief. Almost 30, finally graduating from CU after a long hiatus to raise my son with special needs. recently married now kid count up to 3 plus wife and mortgage. I should be ecstatic that I am graduating BUT, I am involved in a ridiculous court case, involving employee theft.

My ex employer knows I am not part of it, but the case is now in the hands of the DA and they feel they can show probable involvement. If it was something pidly like assault, methamphetamine lab, etc... I would get off with a warning. However the county I am in has a screwed up sense of priorities and they become pitbulls and do not budge.

I have gotten sworn statements from all parties involved which completely clear me. The DA is backing down SLOWLY. They are grasping at straws trying to get me to take a plea bargain to keep their conviction rate high (gotta love a legal system that will screw over the innocent to help their batting average!) At any rate this case will most likely be open untill after I graduate.

I am wondering whether I should provide this info to future employers on the resume (in response to ever been convicted) because it will show up on a back ground check as a pending case. But realistically I won't get a fair chance. Or should I keep quiet and hope they don't do a background check?

PS I cannot keep my current job because it is a student hospital position and I lose my job upon graduating.