A Nice Problem to Have I guess...

Ok.

I am very happy with my job. Its great, its easy, and everyone I am responsible for likes me.

Now, my work past does not have much longetivity. The pattern is I end up leaving one job for another just before 2 years.

Its not that I am a bad worker. I hate switching jobs. Its very disruptive. Its just the nature of the IT market in my area.

It was mostly due to the company I was with would have layoffs or i was contract.

And the money almost always got better with each switch.

So two years ago my contract was ending and they just extended it. At the same time, I interviewed with company A and my current company B.

At company B they even brought up about how Im never at one place too long, but I adamantly stated that I really wanted to stay at one place for a long time.

Well, two weeks ago company B called me. I worked in a certain technology at one of my jobs. That technology is rare come to find out.

Anyway, I didnt want to hear about the job. I wanted to just focus on my current one because I wasnt leaving. No way.

Well, company B is paying quite a bit of money. Stupid money.Its almost 50% more than my current salary.

Not only that. Its SUPER secure. My job is very secure as it is. Its as economy proof as you can get.

I will like them both equally.

I dont have the company B job yet, but I did agree to an interview, which they are excited about.

Cripe! Do I switch AGAIN? I really like the people i work with now and could see myself retiring there, but 50% more!?!?

I don't think anyone can blame me!

What does anyone think?

(NOTE: Part II of this thread involves a past EA! Stay tuned!!!)

Ok.

I am very happy with my job. Its great, its easy, and everyone I am responsible for likes me.

Now, my work past does not have much longetivity. The pattern is I end up leaving one job for another just before 2 years.

Its not that I am a bad worker. I hate switching jobs. Its very disruptive. Its just the nature of the IT market in my area.

It was mostly due to the company I was with would have layoffs or i was contract.

And the money almost always got better with each switch.

So two years ago my contract was ending and they just extended it. At the same time, I interviewed with company A and my current company B.

At company B they even brought up about how Im never at one place too long, but I adamantly stated that I really wanted to stay at one place for a long time.

Well, two weeks ago company B called me. I worked in a certain technology at one of my jobs. That technology is rare come to find out.

Anyway, I didnt want to hear about the job. I wanted to just focus on my current one because I wasnt leaving. No way.

Well, company B is paying quite a bit of money. Stupid money.Its almost 50% more than my current salary.

Not only that. Its SUPER secure. My job is very secure as it is. Its as economy proof as you can get.

I will like them both equally.

I dont have the company B job yet, but I did agree to an interview, which they are excited about.

Cripe! Do I switch AGAIN? I really like the people i work with now and could see myself retiring there, but 50% more!?!?

I don't think anyone can blame me!

What does anyone think?

(NOTE: Part II of this thread involves a past EA! Stay tuned!!!)

OK, so go through the interview and see what happens.

If you get the job...you have to decide what's more important (50% more pay or really liking where you are working). Perhaps you can find out what the atmosphere is like at job B...get a feel for the place.

Either way, you are right, it's a nice "problem" to have. Good luck to you.