so here i am, as of <sometime> tomorrow, i will be without a job. lack of work and a combination of tons of other shhtuff, i was asked to part ways with my employer of only 1 1/2 years, almost exactly a week after my wife's grandmother died (to the HOUR).

i haven't told my wife yet. she was close to her g'ma and is taking her death hard. she has improved greatly over the last couple of days and i just did not have the heart to tell her last night. i had just hung up the phone with her, telling her that i was going to come home very postive and happy even tho i was feeling down in the dumps, when the boss walked in and gave me the news.

so i stuck to my word and acted happy and positive. i plan to tell her when i come home friday so we can have the weekend together to talk and comfort each other. i just don't want to leave her alone with this info (today) and all day friday. is this a good move? i feel diceitful for not telling her, but i just don't want her to be alone with this after what she has been thru.

man...when it rains, it f--king POURS!

I would have told her right then and there because now it's nagging you. Anyways, I think positive thinking helps people overcome difficulties in their lives. For example, you might feel down because you lost your job but on the up side, there are many jobs available and perhaps other job will be better than your last one. There is nothing you can do to get your old job back and wallowing in one's self pity isn't going to do anything so stepping out of your comfort zone and getting a new job is a better option. Negative thoughts more than anything can destroy our will to live.

Time for a major shift in perspective.

Woodsfield -first- truly sorry for what happened to *your job*.

I say that -using just those words- because it was something that really happened to your employer -not *you*.

You didn't loose anything -you are still the same person with the same skills, talents, intelligence, wit, and ability that you were before the news.

Allow some other employer to capitalize on what one let go of.

Right away.

-Rio

• Author

thanks for the kind words, ya'll.

unfortunately, i've been down this road before...i've ALWAYS landed on my feet and i have no doubts i will again. it was time for a change.

JCD, i think the only thing nagging me is how my wife will react. she is under alot of stress, a bit depressed and i don't think she will do well with the news.

again, thanks for the kind words.

You're welcome, Woodsfield.

Much of America lives only a paycheck away from the unemployment line.

Nowadays, though -more and more of them are like you learning how to take a punch and land on their feet.

Bravo!

-Rio

• Author

and i'm out.....

the wife took it well. i'll have to sell my "hotrod", but there is plenty for me to do 'round here. i'll probably have to take a pay cut, but i may find a different industry to get into. regardless, i new era is about to begin in my life.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

so i'm still jobless....may get an offer tomorrow that MAY come with a move that my wife and i are NOT willing to do. but you gottado what you gottado, ya know??

we'll see....in the mean time, come Weds, it's off to Petit Le Mans for 4 days of beer and fast cars.:cool: a break from the headache of "real" life.

so i'm still jobless....may get an offer tomorrow that MAY come with a move that my wife and i are NOT willing to do. but you gottado what you gottado, ya know??

we'll see....in the mean time, come Weds, it's off to Petit Le Mans for 4 days of beer and fast cars.:cool: a break from the headache of "real" life.

Sorry to hear about being jobless.

I've been there myself and that transition between having one and getting another while workless is something I never want to experience again. Makes me feel like I'm worthless and just floating around.

I do hope you get another one soon. :)

Woods,

You have a skill set that is always in need. Have you ever thought about going into business for yourself?

Sorry, about the loss of a job. However, I don't think you will be down for too long.

I do wish you the best and have fun watching cars drive around in a circle real fast.:laugh:

• Author

I do wish you the best and have fun watching cars drive around in a circle real fast.:laugh:

thanks for the kind words, ya'll....i've thought about doing the own biz thing but my industry is struggling right now and i've been pondering a career change anyways. suggestions?

and the cars will be taking right as well as left turns; more like an oblong circle;).

http://www.c2group.com/petit/

"neat" video that may explain more.

It basically sounds like you screwed up and weren't doing a good job and subsequently you were fired. Your employer didn't feel you were an asset to their company, otherwise they would have kept you on.

You don't sound too bright. You're unemployed so you're going to go spend what money you DO have on drinking beer and watching cars for four days? Sounds like a PLAN, dude! THAT will solve your problems, there 'ya go.

It's starting to come together about why you were fired.

Just somethin' to think about.

• Author
It basically sounds like you screwed up and weren't doing a good job and subsequently you were fired. Your employer didn't feel you were an asset to their company, otherwise they would have kept you on.

You don't sound too bright. You're unemployed so you're going to go spend what money you DO have on drinking beer and watching cars for four days? Sounds like a PLAN, dude! THAT will solve your problems, there 'ya go.

It's starting to come together about why you were fired.

Just somethin' to think about.

why don't you think about this? to be FIRED you have to do something WRONG, which i NEVER did. i was LAID OFF because of lack of projects from struggling construction industry. it's callled downsizing. are you familiar with that term? how did you gather i was fired?

i wasn't going to the race (that i've going to for 9 years straight) because of this and my friend offered to pay for everything and i excepted.

so after 3 straight weeks of effort into finding a job, i'm not allowed to have 4 days of fun?

No. Life MUST be miserable. :)

I've been where you are. Have faith, things will get better in time.

KenzieAbsolutely

man...when it rains, it f--king POURS!

awww, it's true, woodsfield. i can't make it all better, but i wish you the best, you and your wife. sometimes it helps to know people care, and in that respect, know that you are in good hands here. i hope everything works itself out.

Citizen Erased
They pretty much let go of the most useless employees in that situation, and keep the good ones.

Wow a tough newbie aren't you :rolleyes:

• Author
They pretty much let go of the most useless employees in that situation, and keep the good ones.

yep...you've exposed me...i'm useless.

well done.

"they" are the exact same everywhere and "that situation" is the same everywhere, too.

Citizen Erased
yep...you've exposed me...i'm useless.

well done.

"they" are the exact same everywhere and "that situation" is the same everywhere, too.

Don't pay attention to the child (well they certainly sound like a child with their reasoning).

• Author
awww, it's true, woodsfield. i can't make it all better, but i wish you the best, you and your wife. sometimes it helps to know people care, and in that respect, know that you are in good hands here. i hope everything works itself out.

thankyou.:)

and tis true DC.