get rich quick infomercials

burning 4 revenge

why can't just one of them be true, just once? when you read the online consumer reviews they all suck :(

why can't just one of them be true, just once? when you read the online consumer reviews they all suck :(

What you need to do is figure out how to invest in the infomercials themselves. It doesn't much matter what they are trying to sell. Just don't buy it.

• Author
burning 4 revenge
What you need to do is figure out how to invest in the infomercials themselves. It doesn't much matter what they are trying to sell. Just don't buy it.

Like find out the corporate entities behind them and see if they trade publically? Or just send them an e-mail demanding to be in on the "take"?

If they ever come up with a "get rich moderately fast" scheme, then I will be all over it. I want to enjoy the journey as much as the destination.

• Author
burning 4 revenge

After you send these guys the typical $39.95 they send you what are essentially sales letters disguised as info-packets. The information is vague and they try to convince "students" that they need personal coaching and seminars running into the thousands.

• Author
burning 4 revenge
If they ever come up with a "get rich moderately fast" scheme, then I will be all over it. I want to enjoy the journey as much as the destination.

I think thats what law school is for

I think thats what law school is for

When I say "journey," I don't mean things that are either boring, or unethical. I think that rules out law school on both counts.

After you send these guys the typical $39.95 they send you what are essentially sales letters disguised as info-packets. The information is vague and they try to convince "students" that they need personal coaching and seminars running into the thousands.

I think that instead of getting rich quick, we should be able to pay someone else to get rich quick for us. I'm happy to give them 5% of the proceeds.

• Author
burning 4 revenge
I think that instead of getting rich quick, we should be able to pay someone else to get rich quick for us. I'm happy to give them 5% of the proceeds.

Now you're sounding like a CEO

Like find out the corporate entities behind them and see if they trade publically? Or just send them an e-mail demanding to be in on the "take"?

Probably the former. I don't think the latter would get you very far. Infomercials themselves seem to be a pretty big business.

Maybe you can sue them on their "if I can do it, then anyone can" claims. On the basis that they never considered that there would be an even bigger dumbarse at large.

• Author
burning 4 revenge
Maybe you can sue them on their "if I can do it, then anyone can" claims. On the basis that they never considered that there would be an even bigger dumbarse at large.

Well they do get sued all of the time, but its usually just recovery and legal fees. In the end they know theyll get sued many times and figure that in as an expense and its still highly profitable for them

Well they do get sued all of the time, but its usually just recovery and legal fees. In the end they know theyll get sued many times and figure that in as an expense and its still highly profitable for them

Now you're sounding like a CFO.

The trick is to be on top of the pyramid silly.

You had better have good balance. It's a long way down.

Storyrider

How about a b4r coffee table book, with an inspirational quote of the day. We can pull them right from this site.

They'll be selling like hotcakes.

I heard that this woman came up with a concept for a coffee table book. Everything Men know about Women. Inside, it was blank. She sold thousands and thousands of copies.

Look at those Chicken Soup for the Soul books. They are complete and total shyte. And they've made millions.

the only people getting rich are the people who produced the infomercials and the TV stations that play them.

mental_traveller

I guess the reason they are never true is because if it was true, the people advertising it would be too busy making money from the legit get-rich-quick scheme to advertise for joe schmoes and their $39.95. If you could make millions per year with little work, why on earth would you spend an additional 50 hours a week marketing to suckers? Ergo, all these propositions are just scams designed to fleece the gullible.

• 3 weeks later...