Co-worker interest/flirts?

I work in a fairly small office floor, where all the offices are next to one another down a hallway. Sometimes I work there every week or every other week.

The first day, I had met this pretty co-worker, her office attire was almost urban like, but i found her attractive nonetheless. She was friendly to me, so I did the same. Then oddly for a couple days onward she was almost quiet/distant...but regardless after the first day onward, the clothing she wore was very casual. Work got slow so i didnt go in for a week.

The following week I came back again and I pretty much ignored her(maybe she wasnt anticipating me to be back), but she was wearing her urban outfit again that day. And from that day onward, (maybe the hot weather?) She dressed lady-like. Not only that, but recently I've noticed her being more friendly to me.

When Im at my office unlocking the door, she arrives to work and greets me "good morning"...yet there's another guy in the office next to mine and she doesnt say it to him. I'm at the vending machine, and she walks pass me from behind and asks me "hey, how are you?" The end of the day, my supervisor asks me to check with her to see if there was anything else for me to do - So I do that, then she asks me if I'll be in again next week, I say I will and she says "have a great weekend!"

I find it strange how she could go from quiet to friendly in a matter of 1-2 days. Unfortunately I dont know if she's taken. Although she's my co-worker, technically I dont work with her. What do you guys think about her?

Usually she stays late at the office, should I ask her to join me for coffee after everyone else leaves?

whichwayisup

Seeing as you work in a small office atmosphere, you need to be careful when it comes to dating someone at work. Also, not knowing if she is single or married, or even in a relationship, find out first before asking her out. If she is married, or is involved with someone, don't bother asking her for coffee.

Je Ne Regrette Rien

I would just take her friendliness as...friendliness! It sounds like thats what she is being.

• Author
Seeing as you work in a small office atmosphere, you need to be careful when it comes to dating someone at work. Also, not knowing if she is single or married, or even in a relationship, find out first before asking her out. If she is married, or is involved with someone, don't bother asking her for coffee.

If this is the case, I think she has to be the one to be extra careful because she is part supervisor also (but not the main one).

Finding out whether or not she's taken...I wouldnt even know where to begin, or how to ask. Suggestions?

I would just take her friendliness as...friendliness! It sounds like thats what she is being.

Thats true as it could be the case. But thats always the interesting part with opposite sex co-workers. Unfortunately I dont work with her/interact with her enough to know which category she falls into, only time will tell.

But so far experience has taught me (in every other place i've worked at prior to this job), when the female co-worker is (overtly) friendly to me she generally is interested in me, which was the case in the past.

As for her dressing attractively, Only the other co-workers at the office would really know how she dresses, comparing when Im working there VS days that im not.

Hey man, I know this might sound stupid as hell, but try to tell her how nice she looks one day, since you say she has been dressing up all nice and stuff .. Depending on her answer you might know what's going on, and it will send a message that you've noticed her ..

Does she wear a ring? Look for that too, lol .. If she doesn't, and you still not sure whether she is involved with somebody, try asking around the workplace, pretend you are just wondering, lol ..

As long as asking her out for coffee and all, I don't know, tell her you have a couple of questions about the job or whatever, and if she would be able to answer them to you later, that you will take her to have some coffee.

Aight, later .. If you do use my "technique," tell me the outcome later, haha! :D