Okay, I don't want to sound like a creepy, obsessive stalker, and maybe I am one. There was this absolutely enticing, sweep-you-off-your-feet GNC clerk that I met on the 29th of August, 2005. We talked for about 5 minutes, mainly just him questioning about my personal life and all while my mother was browsing a product's label. I fell for his looks, his charm, his eyes, his charisma. I, however, had so many bad things going on in my life that I did not want to involve him in and so I did not ask for his number or invite him for anything etc. Now, it's been a year and a half...and I strangely keep thinking about him...because it feels like he is soooooo rare to me, and I would definitely like to contact him and "unwrap" him. I don't even know his name.

*Do you think they have an employee record with dates that can be obtained or something, lol?*I feel like John Cusack in Serendipity. Anyone can relate to this?

You're not obsessive. I mean, it's not like you remember the date, or anything. Oh. I mean, it's not like you remember the exact time, or anything.

Sometimes a man can be the best supplement.

I am an ex-stalked-clerk. Please, just get over it. In retail we are trained to be friendly. It's completely phony, I assure you, painful as it is for me to tell you. And yes, under the circumstances he is probably Gay. No offence, gay guys.....

I know of lots of people that regularly mistake Friendly Customer Service, for Flirting with Intent.

It is just customer service, sometimes you really do believe that they care, but you need to just slap yourself in the face and just realise that they are trained in this way and probably are thinking about what they are having for dinner, what they are going to do about that rash, while simultaneously giving you fake flirtations.:)

I know exactly what you are saying. Misjudging the friendliness. I mean, I have always thought to myself, "I am going to sell you this product if I have to shove it up your arse."

Sometimes it comes to that. (Usually to rave reviews.)

• Author

I know the whole friendly customer service tactics idea, but it could go either way, particularly since he doesn't work on comission. I, on the other hand, if am not working on commission, I wouldn't start prying my way to sell products but be friendly and advertise the products to them as best I could.

He did catch me at the mall two weeks later and recognized me, smiled brightly, greeted me and was asking if I remembered him and such. But, I guess he must be gay and still trying to sell me products at the mall as well. *shrugs* Oh well, it may mean nothing.

, but it could go either way,

I know I did. Do.

Oh well, it may mean nothing.

Lots of people would love to get their hands on a gold penny. And shine it up real good. I tend to go for the ones that have chocolate inside. Fake, I know... I'm always after a cheap, but dignified, thrill.