Pay increase percentage?

Is there a general percent-increase applicable to raises, assuming you're going a good - but not exemplary - job?

yes....its around 3% to 4% per annum

yes....its around 3% to 4% per annum

That seems a little low. In my 7 years post-college it's varied from 0% to 14%. I'm not sure what a standard would be but anything less than 5% seems like you'd be taking it in the pooper.

That seems a little low. In my 7 years post-college it's varied from 0% to 14%. I'm not sure what a standard would be but anything less than 5% seems like you'd be taking it in the pooper.

the standard pay increase on average per year for the average employee with average performance is around 3%...

• Author

Yeah, for the LOWEST I'd expect it would be about 6.5%, but I'm really hoping for 12% (not gonna happen, darnit).

I've heard the 3-4% number thrown around a lot though, so it must vary by industry. My previous raises have been anywhere from 6-12%.

Is there a general percent-increase applicable to raises, assuming you're going a good - but not exemplary - job?

The latest here is you just might not get one!!!

Some people here have not had one at all, some not had an increase for 2 years. If there job responsibilities have not increased, they are not doing anything extraordinary, company is not making an exceptional profit, and they have received expensive training of some kind, these things are all taken into account.

Those that have had an increase, most no more than 5% max.