Not finishing out 2 weeks

Has anyone given their 2 weeks notice and just not finished out the 2 weeks. My boss was an ultimate a$#%^$ today..pretty much started knitpicking my work and saying to me I did nothing of what he asked..which is b.s. and said "oh arent u the so and so here..isn't that your position for now". He seemed nice when I gave him my notice but the talk of the office since yesterday has been how I am leaving and the company I am leaving for is very good and well known. I dunno if this is him "trying" to exert his bossely powers over me..meanwhile technically I am working my 2 weeks as a courtesy to him. The best had to be when I gave my resignation and he asked me if I could write down my duties for the person who will take my place bc "I don't even know what ure're duties are" lol great boss huh. The only thing I care about is getting paid out for my vacation days which is the only reason I gave notice to begin with. What would happen if I just didn't come in next week..or even tomorrow to finish out my last days? They have my resignation letter on file and as far as burning bridges..well I think u know what that answer is.

Well I would speak to the HR department first if I were you to make sure that you would still receive your vacation payout if you were to move up your resignation effective immediately. Otherwise, I would go in and have a talk with him. Tell him that since you have put in your notice, things have been difficult and you feel that it would be best if you were end the position immediately. I wouldn't place blame if at all possible and not have a confrontation. Just that it's not working and it would be best for all concerned if you were to leave now.

It's actually not surprising that he would ask you to put your duties down in writing. I've had almost every boss ask me that. They know the basics of the position, but there are many day to day tasks that he may be aware of that will need to be completed by your replacement.

companies are legally required to pay out vacation time no matter what notice you give. If you have prior jobs with good references or even allies at your current company you could use as a reference if you don't give 2 weeks than bail on the guy - 2 weeks is a courtesy, plus, previous employers aren't legally allowed to say bad things about prior employees so don't worry too much about that.