How to Work a New Hire

Ok, here's the story.

Yesterday I interviewed a young woman for an opening on my team. She's cute, but not hot. In fact something about her face bothered me, but I tried not to stare. Her hair was nice though. Maybe her eyes were too close together or something.

I also noticed that she's married.

So the issue that I'm having is how can I get her into bed and how soon after she starts? I know she's married, but hey, promises were meant to be broken right?

Anyway, I know the interview was for a position on my team. But it ended up being an interview for a position on my desk.

I just hope she doesn't fall for me, because I don't need the hassle.

Anyway, any advice you have to offer would be appreciated. It's been a while for me, and I thought she seemed more than qualified. I just need to figure out how to work it.

Thanks!

You can't do any better than a chick at work who has a weird-looking face? I must've overestimated you, 'cause I figured you'd at least be able to pick up some random chick at a bar if you wanted to get laid.

• Author
You can't do any better than a chick at work who has a weird-looking face?

Of course I can. But if you hire a hot chick, people know what you're up to. All that other stuff you mentioned is for after work.

I must've overestimated you,

Everyone talks it up, there's no shame in that.

You said she was more than qualified. Then play this one on its merits. You're probably just a little bored with your job, and want to fill up a hole in your daily schedule.

Just think about how you would feel if the situation were reversed. Where's the respect?

Just an observation from the places I've worked at... when a chick does the hiring, you see nothing but ugly new chicks working in the same building.

Guys always hire the hotties.

But it ended up being an interview for a position on my desk.

I just hope she doesn't fall for me, because I don't need the hassle.

On YOUR desk? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: you are such a jokster!!!:lmao: :lmao:

No worries about a gal hassling you honey, you can never commit.. as time has shown us all...

If you were new I would have thought of you as a troll....

there is a woman at work that my gf has always wondered about - she knows i have spoken with her and maybe she thinks i am having an affair or something [NOTTTTTT] so what i did today was take a pix of her and i today on my cell phone cam so my gf could see what she looks like and maybe then [i know this sounds shallow] she would understand that when i see her there is no comparision

i like making sure that any concerns she has are addressed right away - everything out in the open

because she deserves that

• Author

I was kind of laughing when I posted that. And then it occurred to me that it was very troll-like. But I'd probably get away with it, because people know me here.

I kind of wondered why I posted it. I wondered why that was on my mind. It's true I interviewed a girl yesterday. And it's true that she's pretty cute. And she's married. And it's also true that today I made the decision to bring her onto the team.

But at the same time, I thought about the remarks some morons made after the interview.

I do look forward to working with her, to be honest. Partly because she has the kind of drive that intelligent women often have. (She'd almost be hard to keep up with, and she's probably very opinionated.) Partly because she's smart and would bring a lot to our team. And partly because she's cute.

My company has a real shortage of youth. It would be nice to have someone with some spark around for a change.

But everyone who works with me knows my status. And a lot of them knew my ex. And I get tired of the comments and I know what I'll face by bringing her on.

So I guess I posted all that just to play that out. Because all that would be true, if the stupid thoughts people are having had any truth to them. And I don't think I'm quite that dastardly.

I know, I know. I'm a weird guy.

Not if you consider the source! ;)

When we interviewed for a new Executive Secretary about a year ago there were three of us on the interview panel. One was a woman who is also a work friend of mine.

The first person we interviewed was a lovely young woman with a sparkling personality who absolutely nailed every question we asked by figuring out the real purpose behind tham and answering accordingly. She set the bar for all the other candidates.

My work buddy looked at me after the interview and after the woman left and said, "Wow! She's spectacular and absolutely right, but I don't ever want to have to stand beside her because she's gorgeous."

That's who we hired and she's the best support staff I have ever had in about 30 years of management.

Salicious Crumb
Of course I can. But if you hire a hot chick, people know what you're up to. All that other stuff you mentioned is for after work.

So you are hiring for the position of burger flipper since you are the grill foreman at the local McDonalds?

But at the same time, I thought about the remarks some morons made after the interview.

About her eyes being too close together?

This post is a joke right? If not...what are you, some kind of chauvanistic pissant?

Are you salacious or silicious?? Make up your mind.

But seriously, I'd rather be a pissant than a crumb. Maybe not a chauvinistic pissant, though. So I will think about it some more.

So you are hiring for the position of burger flipper since you are the grill foreman at the local McDonalds?

You are in desperate need of a happy meal.

Is it even possible to entirely disregard looks when hiring? I used to do interviews back when I had a real, full-time job, and, hypothetically, if I had two candidates who were equally qualified, looks would definitely come into play.

But not the way you might think. Since I was a woman hiring women, but otherwise utterly surrounded by men, I would probably pick the plain one over the pretty one. ;)

Is it even possible to entirely disregard looks when hiring? I used to

Very impressive.

But you're right. It's part of the package. Being smarter than you look is probably better than looking smarter than you are. In the long term, anyway.

When I Was 19 I Applied For A Job At The Beer Store - It Was Great Money Back Then. Anyhooo, There Were Only Three Candidates, Two Guys, One Average Lkooking [me], One Hunky [football Quarterback] And Another. We Didn't Know About Until, The Interviewers Opened The Door And Out Walked A Good Looking Woman And The Interviewers [guys] Stared At Her Ass As She Walked Away. I Got Up And Ripped Up My Application.

And I Walked Over And Told Her - She Smiled And Said 'duh'

It Has Been Proven That Taller People Get Paid More, People Considered Attractive Are Trusted More, People That Dress Well Are Considered Stable,

Seems Like I Have Gone Against The Trends Of Society Yet Again!

Woo Hoooo

When A Woman Says Plain And Pretty - I Know How That Feels - We Are Constantly In Competition In Our Society For Skills, Looks, Etc. It Is A Rough World Out Tyhere But I Have Found That Thing That Gets You The Most Mileage Is Just Being Yerself, Demanding Respect And Setting Yer Sights High - That What I Did When I Saw My Gf...i Thought No Way...she's Outta My League - But I Asked Her Out Anyways, And She Said Yes! Kewl Eh

I Was Just Thinking, I Can't Go Out Past 8 This Valday Because Of My Cerfew - Rats

STUCK USING M AND D'S SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW COMP

Very impressive.

But you're right. It's part of the package. Being smarter than you look is probably better than looking smarter than you are. In the long term, anyway.

I can't even follow that. For some reason my mind doesn't feel very businesslike at the moment.

I guess I'll have to rely on my looks.

Very impressive.

i do agree with this - as i have always been underestimated. when you are attractive - people tend to think you don't ALSO have smarts...

• Author
i do agree with this - as i have always been underestimated. when you are attractive - people tend to think you don't ALSO have smarts...

Actually, what I think is worse is that they often don't really care.

"Looks" should make no difference at all....personal upkeep yes.....

Thinking it is extremely pathetic who is in charge of hiring these days....

personal upkeep yes

I agree. I love it when someone goes to the trouble of perming their nostril hairs.