Hiring - without a care for me

Im angry. They are hiring for more roles similar to mine - yet they havnt made me permanent yet.

They keep edging around the issue - talking about the hires - but they havnt completed my perm role.

If they hire more perm people - this puts me at a disadvantage as im easier and cheaper to get rid off. How do I approach them re making me perm. They talk about the hires in front of me. Yes - very rude.

I have a review on monday. this review is with HR - its a review they carry out with new staff, yet i arranged this ( they informed me when i started i will be reviewed after a month).I dont want to look like im going behind their backs ( they dont know of the review) to discuss the perm business.

How do i approach this. I need to:

a) be made permanent

b) do this before the new hires

c) not p_ss of my boss

be careful you are still in the "trial" phase

they're not just testing the quality of your work, which i'm sure is excellent, but also the way you mesh with the other co-workers and whether or not you will be a problem to deal with

I've never had a role in management so I can't say when is appropriate to ask for this sort of change, from temp to perm

one month seems a little early for me though. Not sure if this is true for others or for all job types. I started where i am now as a volunteer then intern while in grad school, unpaid for more than half a year, to get the job.

Do you like where you are working though? If not you might want to consider applying in other places quietly.