to accept the job or not??? any ?

This may sound strange but I applied for and have been offered a job but now I'm not sure whether I want to accept the position. I feel quite torn and worried that if I don't accept it will be something I regret, but I also feel it's not quite what I want.

I'd appreciate advice.

The case on both sides...

1. Currently I work in London, I have been here for 1.5years (from Australia). When I applied for this new job a couple months ago I wasn't having such a fab time, some good friends had moved home and work was driving me mad.

However, at the moment I love it and the love the opportunity to travel around Europe. I'm feeling much more settled and not sure I want to move to another new city. I have more friends now, work is better and there are some key things I want to achieve.

Ultimately I'd like to stay another 6-9months and then I think I'd be ready to head home to Oz.

2. The job I've been offered is a step in the right direction career wise. It's not exactly what I want to do but it will get me there in a couple years time. It's in Melbourne, I don't have any family there but a number of friends.

The not so good things are that they want me there in 5 weeks, the pay is OK but not fabulous, they are offering small relocation costs but it will really cost about $5000 to set up a new place. It will then also take me probably another 1.5 years to feel comfortable in this new city.

It's sort of a sideways step rather than a step up.

So overall I think I want to stay here (in London) for a bit longer.... but I'm worried about giving up this opportunity. The interview process was horrible and I know that these jobs don't come up too often.

Am i shooting myself in the foot? Do I stay longer enjoy my time here and what I want to achieve and hope another job (maybe better job) comes up or do I take the opportunity it presents, realise that I'll have at least 5 weeks of stress in moving and go for it?

Thanks!

Its sounds like that if you join new job and avail the opportunity,in this way all your recreation,friends and relatives will finish and you just do your duty every time without enjoyment or leisure time. over bore time will have bad effect on your duty,so better opinion for you is that you just stay with your present job and hope for better opportunity in future with all the enjoyments.

Will the key things you want to achieve in London, allow you a better chance of getting another job once you have achieved them? I mean, are they in-line with your long term career goal? Or are they just part of your current job, and something you'd like to finish?

In other words, will it help fast track you into the right position?

If not, I'd probably go with Oz and get in the position that will get me into the right position in a few years.