Facing a plant closure and losing my job / wife.

The end of 2007 i will be losing a very good paying job with a very large corporation. (think Huggies and Kleenex).

This year i made almost $90K as a mere high school grad. Jobs like this are few and hard to find. Good paying manufacturing jobs are disappearing especially here in the Fox Valley in Wisconsin.

I have no idea what i want to do and i know i will have to make some lifestyle changes and major decisions. I could transfer to another plant in Alabama to keep my job, but all of my family lives close by here in Wisconsin.

To top it off my wife left me. She was really stressed when she heard the news. I told her everything would work out. I guess she doesn't feel the same.

I could sure use some advice.

Stock up on Kleenex, for those teary moments when you reminisce about the gravy days.

Seriously, what do you want to do?

Then it looks like the factory is doing you a favor by shutting down next year.

Use this opportunity to pursue your dream.

Not sure what you can do about the wife, though. Would she support you in this decision, if she comes back?

To top it off my wife left me. She was really stressed when she heard the news.
You're kidding me?

What's the hard decision here then? Carry on with being a Chef or whatever......who cares what she thinks......who cares what anyone thinks???

If it were me, I wouldn't take her back until she changes her little attitude......