We recently had a new supervisor hired on who is highly critical and direct. This however is something that I have gotten used to because he does treat me pretty good along with alot of other workers. Thats his style and personality. ( not to say I condone every action or reaction that he has )

Well 1/4 of the employees are upset with him and decided to have a letter ( petition ) and asked us individually if we would sign it. I really did not want to get involved with something that was going to Corporate and to our Union. I did after a few days read the letter after I was told repeatedly I needed to read and sign my name.

I read the letter ( poorly spelled , gramatical errors ) and after reading was reluctant to sign . For many reasons : If I were say being sexually harrassed I would type my own letter ( as an example ) or if were being treated unfairly, I would again go to HR ,ect.

I told the person I was a bit overwhelmed by the letter and tried to have that person realize the impact and signifigance of sending such a letter through HR. The person ( 2 actually ) continued for 8 hours saying I needed to sign or I wasn't with * the team * I contacted a few close employees and they too were not going to sign for pretty much the same reasons that I was not going to sign .

So the next day one of the coworkers ( tonight ) said some insulting things to me and I was visibly upset. I tried to talk to my supervisor but he kept saying " I'm busy " I told him I was upset and needed to talk .

The end of the night , the one co-worker , I call her the Witch from He**, took one of the night shift employees in the back room, told him I did not sign the petition and they both came out of the room . Him saying : "Yeah we certainly have alot of A** kissers here " To which she replied " Yes we SURE do " I was offended and decided to write down the incident , which won't be the last one I am sure...

I want to go to HR and file a complaint .

She harrassed me for 8 hours to sign letting me know the repercussions if I didn't sign and now its known I did not sign it.

Should I go to HR ? This female employee has always caused serious drama and has gone to HR many times like a kid in a candy store. I have never gone to HR.

You know Mary3, before reading the end of your post, I was gonna say for you to take the co-workers to HR!

What they are doing to you is called "harrassment" with a "bully" mentality. If you don't feel comfortable signing that petition, then don't do it and stand your ground.

I used to let so much go...I should have gone to HR

In thinking about it, I don't think HR will appreciate the petition anyway...like you said, you would draft your own letter....I think that is what HR would prefer also.

That could backfire in their faces!

• Author
You know Mary3, before reading the end of your post, I was gonna say for you to take the co-workers to HR!

What they are doing to you is called "harrassment" with a "bully" mentality. If you don't feel comfortable signing that petition, then don't do it and stand your ground.

I used to let so much go...I should have gone to HR

In thinking about it, I don't think HR will appreciate the petition anyway...like you said, you would draft your own letter....I think that is what HR would prefer also.

That could backfire in their faces!

Amen ! :) What do they think will happen ? He will change overnite to a sweet loving patient man ?

You know, if people would just go to their jobs and just DO their jobs - after all, that IS the reason you have a job - and quit participating in these mindless juvenile personal 'games' then things would be much better for all. Why is that so difficult to understand?

I have never and never will participate in any sort of 'office politics' and I have told people that to their faces. If they wanna have hysterics over some personal garbage then more power to them but they can and will leave me out. I don't give a damn about any of that personal rubbish.

Leave the personal zhyt home...

I believe your state is a right to work state and you are covered under a union contract. So you have two entities hovering over you.

What does the labor agreement say?

Your "buddies" would need to follow the union contract for grievances, not write a letter to management and union at the same time. The union representative is the "liason" to management. It can actually backfire on them because of their mishandling of procedure. Management can actually put them in a pigeon hole, while the union could have its hands tied due to miscommunication.

I wouldn't even sign any documents that have "spell ling miss takes" especially with computers and spell check. Now grammatical ones that is a different issue.

In regards to your boss and HR, you already have "followed procedure" as in verbal warning of harrassment. Regardless of what state you work in, you have a reasonable expectation of safety.

No matter what, you are now in a hostile environment due to coworkers, union, and potentially management.

I would suggest filling a harrassment complaint with HR and notifying your immediate supervisor/manager/pit boss/etc... of your complaint. This is just for your own sanity.

If I was the person in question, after this happens, there will not be any kumbayas!

• Author
You know, if people would just go to their jobs and just DO their jobs - after all, that IS the reason you have a job - and quit participating in these mindless juvenile personal 'games' then things would be much better for all. Why is that so difficult to understand?

I have never and never will participate in any sort of 'office politics' and I have told people that to their faces. If they wanna have hysterics over some personal garbage then more power to them but they can and will leave me out. I don't give a damn about any of that personal rubbish.

Leave the personal zhyt home...

You know when I started this shift the second night was * drama filled * and remains just as such....

This person hates that person and expects me to do the same.

I am SO NOT drama based and avoid it like the Bubonic Plague!

I always remained * neutral * and that pissed off the * hater at the moment *

Knowing there will always be drama and that I have to work with the Wicked Witch of the West and go to great lengths to avoid her and all her HR visits and constant threats of going to HR ( and I do mean constant ) It's like I love my vacations times, lol !

They are constantly at war with eachother and myself and one really good professional man are very similar. When the food starts flying we just duck ! LOL

Thanks for understanding :)

• Author
I believe your state is a right to work state and you are covered under a union contract. So you have two entities hovering over you.

What does the labor agreement say?

Your "buddies" would need to follow the union contract for grievances, not write a letter to management and union at the same time. The union representative is the "liason" to management. It can actually backfire on them because of their mishandling of procedure. Management can actually put them in a pigeon hole, while the union could have its hands tied due to miscommunication.

I wouldn't even sign any documents that have "spell ling miss takes" especially with computers and spell check. Now grammatical ones that is a different issue.

In regards to your boss and HR, you already have "followed procedure" as in verbal warning of harrassment. Regardless of what state you work in, you have a reasonable expectation of safety.

No matter what, you are now in a hostile environment due to coworkers, union, and potentially management.

I would suggest filling a harrassment complaint with HR and notifying your immediate supervisor/manager/pit boss/etc... of your complaint. This is just for your own sanity.

If I was the person in question, after this happens, there will not be any kumbayas!

I strongly feel the * smartest people * did not sign that petition :) ( not to say that in a bragging way but most who did not sign are pretty intelligent . That left all the haters and fighters ( LOL ) to fight some more... :p

I know they are going through the Union but seriously the letter is rambling and makes very little sense and it really does not get to the point other than to say : Our boss is mean " hehe. Wow we have all had mean bosses...geee...I tried to explain that they should have had a POW WOW with him or addressed him as things occcured ( both things I do at the time of occurance ) They shrugged and said " Its too late now "

I shudder to think of the outcome of this petition. What do they think is REALLY going to happen. They are all going to be on his S*** List ! ..hehe