I can't believe this is happening but the owner of the company I work for wants me.

He is asking me to house sit, dog sit and go out to drinks next week.

He is trying to confine in me about his recent divorce.

I don't know what to do or how to handle it. Has anyone else been in this situation.

This isn't a case of being crude. I think he is attracted to me and wants someone to lean on.

Oh, lord yes. I have been in this situation.

My partner in a medical practice a few years ago was a much older Doctor who was going through a divorce about a year after my divorce was final. We commiserated, and had been fairly close friends before. He was like a benevolant uncle to my kids.

So when his wife asked him to move out, he started making the moves on me. Asking me to eat dinner with him, to stay late and work with him, etc. One day I was leaning over the counter to grab my purse from the other side and he rushed up beind me and pressed his erection to my backside and asked "Can you tell I am interested?"

OH, BARF.

Well, it got worse from there, and about 9 months later and a ton of expensive gifts I finally sold out and moved away.

Just either draw your line VERY FIRMLY and CLEARLY, or get out now before it mucks up your good reference.

• Author
if he's got ca$h then I say go for it...

I like making my own cash though. When he asked me out for a drink he said if we go we can't tell anyone at work or he would be in trouble. Why would you be in trouble. I had a drink with the receptionist after work. (not saying I'm going to)

I guess I'm worried that the in time the advances and hints will be more prominent and I will have to seek another job.

• Author

One day I was leaning over the counter to grab my purse from the other side and he rushed up beind me and pressed his erection to my backside and asked "Can you tell I am interested?"

OMG!!! GROSS.

This sucks because I really love my job. He's a great guy and all but I just don't believe in dating people from work.

RE:

Question: What do you want from him?

It is obvious what he wants from you. However, he has his status/positive to comfort life's unexpected turns.

It is, essentially, a toss up between Risky Fun and Serious Business [-i.e. Your Future].

You choose. Expect drama with your meal.

Regards,

Sand&Water

He's a great guy and all but I just don't believe in dating people from work.

yea but this guy's a chump PIXIE....you can take him for a ride. Give him some attention and sex and have him pay your rent and buy you a new corvette and a mink stole. Make him take you to the best restaurants and then ask for his american xpress card so you can go to Nordstroms and buy like $10K worth of clothes and stuff.

It'll be fun. Ham it up!!

If you love your job, then draw your line in the sand RIGHT NOW.

Don't let him even have 5 mintues where he thinks he is going to wear you down with his behavior, or else there will be resentment and uncomfortableness later....

And I second that EWW. I will never forget what that felt like. Grosso-mia.

• Author
yea but this guy's a chump PIXIE....you can take him for a ride. Give him some attention and sex and have him pay your rent and buy you a new corvette and a mink stole. Make him take you to the best restaurants and then ask for his american xpress card so you can go to Nordstroms and buy like $10K worth of clothes and stuff.

It'll be fun. Ham it up!!

lol! Well if I was that kind of person I could. I already have a Mustang which I wouldn't trade for a new Corvette...but you know I really love the new Challenger that is coming out.

I am selling clothes on ebay because I have way too many. Hmmm....sex with him. Can the lights be off and baggies distributed??? j/k

Hmmm....sex with him. Can the lights be off and baggies distributed??? j/k

ahh so the truth comes out. he's f-ugly. if he was good looking you'd probably be all over him :laugh:

• Author
ahh so the truth comes out. he's f-ugly. if he was good looking you'd probably be all over him :laugh:

No he's not ugly. He is distinquished looking. Has that manly grey coming in. I love that. I am attracted to him. Maybe he can tell and that is why he is making little advances. How many guys actually will make a move unless they actually think they have a chance????

He works out four times a week and whats more he loves his dog. He let me set up a dog day at work. We had 9 dog in the office. It was lots of fun. Every day he goes home at lunch for his dog. I have my lab that I love to pieces so to see a guy interact with their dog like I do mine is a total temptation.

I just know I will go somewhere with this job. My boss gave me a huge raise before my evaluation period because of the work I've done. This has nothing to do with the owner. I just feel I have a future but if I get my meat where I get my potatoes then I'm on the unemployment line if it didn't work out with us.

Honestly I would love to hang out with him and have a drink, but I know better. I'm just looking for advice for the proper etiquette to say no without him taking too personally.

I can't believe this is happening but the owner of the company I work for wants me.

He is asking me to house sit, dog sit and go out to drinks next week.

He is trying to confine in me about his recent divorce.

I don't know what to do or how to handle it. Has anyone else been in this situation.

This isn't a case of being crude. I think he is attracted to me and wants someone to lean on.

Aren't you involved with someone already?

If so, just tell him the truth.

I left him.

Ah yes, I remember now. Takes courage to leave a 6 year relationship. Good job, it was definitely for the better.

If he is mature and open-minded, he will respect your decision to not get involved with co-workers.

oh you are in deep trouble PIXIE....you better get out now. If you get involved with him and stay then your'e screwed....if you don't get involved with him and stay then you're screwed again cause he'll make you pay. That stuff about the dog and his hair. OMG you're attracted to him! Man you're sailing down shyt's creek with no paddle.

• Author
Ah yes, I remember now. Takes courage to leave a 6 year relationship. Good job, it was definitely for the better.

If he is mature and open-minded, he will respect your decision to not get involved with co-workers.

It was hard. I didn't come here much. It is easier for me to complain about my relationship then to admit that I actually mourn about someone who really just didn't care.

Wow I can say it. HE DIDN'T CARE!!!

I'm in no rush to start anything with anyone. I just want to spend time with my family, my horses and dog. Be able to be me again. I don't want this drama at all.

Alphamale: Women are little stronger than men. We don't think with two heads. As long as he's cool with rejection then I will have a job.

I've worked with many attractive men but it's what I call Eye Candy. Fun to look at. Nice to go to work but business is business.

I'm in no rush to start anything with anyone. I just want to spend time with my family, my horses and dog. Be able to be me again. I don't want this drama at all.

Alphamale: Women are little stronger than men. We don't think with two heads. As long as he's cool with rejection then I will have a job.

You will see in 6 months you'll be back on LS posting about how youre sleeping with the owner, blah blah, and everythings all screwed up and stuff. I can almost guarantee it :laugh:

Actually, I'm not joking.

It was hard. I didn't come here much. It is easier for me to complain about my relationship then to admit that I actually mourn about someone who really just didn't care.

Wow I can say it. HE DIDN'T CARE!!!

I've worked with many attractive men but it's what I call Eye Candy. Fun to look at. Nice to go to work but business is business.

You're damn right he didn't care. I hear ya on the drama. I myself have been drama free since June and I love every minute of it.

Just be sure to stand your ground. Just be honest and nice about it and there will no reason why you would lose your job.

see PIXIE...just the fact that you're posting this leads me to believe you're entertaining the possiblity of mixing business and pleasure.

otherwise if it wasn't an issue you would have never posted this

• Author
You will see in 6 months you'll be back on LS posting about how youre sleeping with the owner, blah blah, and everythings all screwed up and stuff. I can almost guarantee it :laugh:

Actually, I'm not joking.

Nope I've done the going out with someone from work in the past. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Before I left my 6 year relationship I wasn't with a man for over 3 years. Basically I do not need a relationship. Right now I'm regrouping from my previous relationship.

Oh I suppose I could have sex with the owner, but if that is what I needed I could go anywhere for that.

You don't even know me to making guarantees so I will just laugh inside about your insights.

see PIXIE...just the fact that you're posting this leads me to believe you're entertaining the possiblity of mixing business and pleasure.

Just because someone posts an issue that they are having doesn't mean that they will do whats the worst of the options for them. Stop thinking so negatively.

• Author

Because that is your mindset. Just because someone post a situation does not mean they want the situation to happen. Or they think it is a possiblility. I am looking for advice on how to handle the situation. The issue is not that I'm deciding whether to mix business with pleasure. I have stated already that that is not a option.

So how do you suggest I reject the owner. Because that is what it boils down to. I will be rejecting him.

Because that is your mindset. Just because someone post a situation does not mean they want the situation to happen. Or they think it is a possiblility. I am looking for advice on how to handle the situation. The issue is not that I'm deciding whether to mix business with pleasure. I have stated already that that is not a option.

So how do you suggest I reject the owner. Because that is what it boils down to. I will be rejecting him.

Next time he asks you to have a drink, just tell him "I would really like to but in all honesty, I would feel uncomfortable going out with my boss".