So, as I've said before, I really hate my job. I've only been there for about a month but I really don't like it, I'm miserable there, I don't feel confident in my work there, I don't feel comfortable there, I don't think I fit in there, I don't like the way they conduct their business, it just isn't the right fit for me. I've decided that I'm going to focus my efforts on finding a new job and quitting this one as soon as I can.

I feel bad and like I'm quitting too soon before I had a chance to get settled here but I'm so unhappy. Again and again I've gone in to work with a positive attitude, trying to give it another chance, and another and another, only to leave miserable again. I'm in college right now, finishing up my BA and I want a job where I can stay for a while (until I finish my degree at least) Also, our long winter break is coming up (month and a half off school) and I want to work full time, or almost full time during this time, the idea of spending that much time at my current job makes me want to scream.

The thing is, I feel very guilty quitting. I work in a high-end retail store, I'm not a sales associate really, but they depend heavily on me due to the holiday season. I would give them my two weeks and all that, but am I completely f*cked up for quitting right around Christmas? I really need a change job wise.

I say if your job makes you miserable, quit. Life is just too short to be miserable. The holiday season is their problem. not yours, and if you give notice I don't think anything bad will come of it. Your happiness is your priority and two weeks is plenty of time for them to replace you and that's the whole purpose of giving two weeks notice..

• Author
I say if your job makes you miserable, quit. Life is just too short to be miserable. The holiday season is their problem. not yours, and if you give notice I don't think anything bad will come of it. Your happiness is your priority and two weeks is plenty of time for them to replace you and that's the whole purpose of giving two weeks notice..

Thanks, I truely am miserable, and I'm not one thats unhappy with everything. I just feel really guilty because the weight will fall on the management, the one part of my job that is pleasant.

I agree. If you are misreable there, then quit. Sure they will be mad that you are quitting during the holiday, but at least you are going to give them a two-week notice. Plenty of other non-miserable jobs out there.

Thanks, I truely am miserable, and I'm not one thats unhappy with everything. I just feel really guilty because the weight will fall on the management, the one part of my job that is pleasant.

Tough nuts, management. If the management was doing their job properly you probably wouldn't be so miserable.

I'm just saying.

Quit. screw working in a crap environment. I support your decision.:D

• Author

Thanks guys :love:

I feel a little more sure of myself now, less like an a-hole and quitter, well quitter yes, as in I'm gonna quit :laugh:

I just want a job that doesn't make me want to cry and kick homeless people on my way home. Wish me luck in the job hunt :)

I just want a job that doesn't make me want to cry and kick homeless people on my way home.

Yeah, you really should be laughing maniacally when you kick homeless people. It's more fun that way. :D

Thanks guys :love:

I feel a little more sure of myself now, less like an a-hole and quitter, well quitter yes, as in I'm gonna quit :laugh:

I just want a job that doesn't make me want to cry and kick homeless people on my way home. Wish me luck in the job hunt :)

Kicking the homeless?:lmao: Sounds like fun. I will have to try that.

Good luck on the job hunting.

Yeah, you really should be laughing maniacally when you kick homeless people. It's more fun that way. :D

It scares me (just a little) but I agree with tanbark. It IS more fun that way!:lmao:

• Author

That's just not right :laugh:

But I'm so serious about the above. The other night I was walking home, I got off work at 10:40 at night (I was supposed to be done at 10) I was stressed, pissed off and my feet were killing me) I didn't have change for the bus so i had to walk the mile home, I usually don't mind the walk but at 11 at night with blisters on my feet this is not fun. I was seriously about to cry out of pure frustration. A ton of bums asked me for change, as I said to one bum "no sorry don't have any" she says "come on, I'm so hungry, spare some change" and starts walking alongside of me. I felt such rage, I screamed "If I had any f*cking change I would be on the f*cking bus!!!!"

It scares me (just a little) but I agree with tanbark. It IS more fun that way!:lmao:

Be careful what you do, you might need to bum some of their help after the eviction notices get served.

Allina, good for you that you are quiting! That job is not a fit (high end retail is pretty cut throat) and you want a job that has some meaning and fit. Bravo you are quiting.

Retail is not all it is cracked up to be, that was one of my first jobs. Christmas season is just not fun, think the store opens at 6am you show up at 4am to straighten the place up only to get the place trashed by 605am. Around closing, you'll still be ringing people up hours after closing.

Focus on your BA, think of the job as a stepping stone or something that gives you spending money.

• Author
Be careful what you do, you might need to bum some of their help after the eviction notices get served.

Allina, good for you that you are quiting! That job is not a fit (high end retail is pretty cut throat) and you want a job that has some meaning and fit. Bravo you are quiting.

Retail is not all it is cracked up to be, that was one of my first jobs. Christmas season is just not fun, think the store opens at 6am you show up at 4am to straighten the place up only to get the place trashed by 605am. Around closing, you'll still be ringing people up hours after closing.

Focus on your BA, think of the job as a stepping stone or something that gives you spending money.

Oh no, who is getting evicted? :eek:

The job really doesn't fit me, I can get my heart behind $1,000 handbags and b*tchy people. It's not even the retail it's that place and those people and those conditions. When I was 17 I worked at Macy's for the holidays, and though it got crazy, we had so much fun. Current job, not so fun :mad:

• Author

And guess what guys?! I just got a voicemail from a law firm i sent my resume to earlier today, they want to schedule and interview with me. I'm nervous!

• Author

Good for you Allina :) Life is too short to waste with dead-end jobs that don't make you happy.

I agree with that 100%, even if I make less I'd take a job I like over this one, not that I get payed well to start with :laugh:

And guess what guys?! I just got a voicemail from a law firm i sent my resume to earlier today, they want to schedule and interview with me. I'm nervous!

Wooo! Go get 'em, champ. :cool:

• Author

Wooo! Go get 'em, champ. :cool:

Why am I so nervous about calling them back, jeez :o

Ok *deep breath* I'm doing this

I just got a voicemail from a law firm i sent my resume to earlier today, they want to schedule and interview with me. I'm nervous!

This is very good karma! You are supposed to quit that annoying job because this better one is perfect for you!

Good luck, and I hope you're still breathing....in, out, in, out. Not too fast or you'll hyperventilate ;) Good luck to you, Allina!

• Author
This is very good karma! You are supposed to quit that annoying job because this better one is perfect for you!

Good luck, and I hope you're still breathing....in, out, in, out. Not too fast or you'll hyperventilate ;) Good luck to you, Allina!

It's funny, right after I started this thread I decided to start looking for jobs and I may have an interview scheduled by the end of today. I called them back but the woman who I need to contact was on the phone, I left her a voice mail, I hope she calls me back *fingers crossed*

EDIT- I have the job interview tomorrow at 11am, I'm so nervous, wish me luck guys!

Good luck in the interview! Remember to practices some questions and answers. :D

Hope to hear, you're hired!

I have the job interview tomorrow at 11am, I'm so nervous, wish me luck guys!

Just take a shot or two before the interview. :cool:

AriaIncognito

Good luck on the interview :-)

Everyone is right, if you want to quit the retail job, do it. You can always find a temp agency that will pretty much place you right away if you really need the money. I've never had any problems finding work through them during off school times (well this was 10 years back when I was in school, but i assume it still works the same hehe)

Oh and i'm a joiner....check out my avatar haha

EDIT- I have the job interview tomorrow at 11am, I'm so nervous, wish me luck guys!

Please come back and let us know what the vibe was! Good luck and best wishes. Think "Que sera, sera." Whatever (is supposed) to be will be! (for some reason I'm counting on a "you're hired!"

GOOD LUCK SWEETIE!

Not that you will need it! I rarely support drinking but I agree with Tan, it will calm your nerves :p

Just make sure you brush your teeth after. They won't be hiring an Alcho in a hurry I am sure!