Staffing agency didnt (forgot) ask my rate?

Yet again finding a job around this season isn't the best time of the year.

So once again I sign up with yet another staffing agency.

I spent about half an hour talking to my contact when i went in to sign up...i know how these agencies like to work and they like to build strong relationships with their clients and employees.

Usually with other agencies from the get-go, they inquire or i state a rate. With this one however, both of us forgot to inquire about my hourly rate.

Odds are i don't think he'll have anything temporary/or full time until January, but he said to contact him next week by email to double check with him. Should I bring it up then, or wait until a job actually comes up and discuss it?

They usually have bookends for rates set before they call you.

May as well leave it as open-ended until they call you. You never know...the rate may be negotiable for that particular position, or the job may be short-term, and/or it might sound interesting enough to take on for a little less money.

Anyway, I suggest that you leave it until they call you.

Good luck with the work hunt!

They usually have bookends for rates set before they call you.

May as well leave it as open-ended until they call you. You never know...the rate may be negotiable for that particular position, or the job may be short-term, and/or it might sound interesting enough to take on for a little less money.

Anyway, I suggest that you leave it until they call you.

Good luck with the work hunt!

thanks. the funny thing was that we were sitting there the last 10 mins wondering if anything was left out we (he) didnt discuss yet.

But based on my job experience he probably already has an assumption around what my rate should be.