Starting my own business

I decided to start my own business here at school. I decided I am going to write papers for people. I have it all figured out.

I will charge at a rate of $10/page (single spaced). Sounds steep but think about it. $50 for a 10 page paper that has a well developed thesis, full of cites and reasonal arguments, and completely original! I have Tuesdays and Thursday off so I can write two papers per day on those days, and if I need to, I can use Saturday or Sunday to write another. I have it worked out with two of my room mates that they will get a finder's fee of 15% for every person they get to come to me to write a paper. That is like free money to them. Say I make $100/week thats $15 for them to be like "oh, you have a paper? my room mate will write that for some money, here is his s/n." to their friends.

I don't think the topics I would get would be overly difficult. The kind of people that would be lazy enough and not care enough to pay me to write their papers would more than likely not take difficult classes, which would mean not too difficult of a paper. Even if I did get a difficult one, I could charge more per page.

What do you all think?

I decided to start my own business here at school. I decided I am going to write papers for people. I have it all figured out.

I will charge at a rate of $10/page (single spaced). Sounds steep but think about it. $50 for a 10 page paper that has a well developed thesis, full of cites and reasonal arguments, and completely original! I have Tuesdays and Thursday off so I can write two papers per day on those days, and if I need to, I can use Saturday or Sunday to write another. I have it worked out with two of my room mates that they will get a finder's fee of 15% for every person they get to come to me to write a paper. That is like free money to them. Say I make $100/week thats $15 for them to be like "oh, you have a paper? my room mate will write that for some money, here is his s/n." to their friends.

I don't think the topics I would get would be overly difficult. The kind of people that would be lazy enough and not care enough to pay me to write their papers would more than likely not take difficult classes, which would mean not too difficult of a paper. Even if I did get a difficult one, I could charge more per page.

What do you all think?

You must really love to write term papers. Me personally, I can't stand it, but if it works for you, then good luck. You shouldn't have to worry about any competition.

RecordProducer

Good idea although it's kinda funny cuz it's "illegal" in a way. :laugh:

Hopefully the teachers won't start recognizing the same style in all papers! :D

What will you do if they don't like what you wrote? Charge them 1/2 in advance at their own risk... if they don't like it, don't give it to them. Don't send an email until you're paid 100%.

You and your 'clients' will get booted out of school if you're discovered. The point of being a student is to do your own learning. If what you learn is to be a cheat and a liar, I suppose you've learned a lesson but it will take you only so far. You cheat those people out of getting an actual education if you do their work for them.

• Author

Well that's the funny part. I don't mind sending them the paper up front. I transferred from to this school from a previous one. At my previous one, they gave us all free accounts to turnitin.com and mine still works. If I sent them the paper and they never paid, I would take the copy I saved to my computer and submit it to turnitin.com before the professor could. They would then have a 100% plagiarised paper with no proof of it tracing back to me.

And if they don't like what I wrote, tough. If it gets them the grade, that's all that really matters, right? I don't see how it is illegal. I have checked the school handbook and all it really talks about is plagiarism.

RecordProducer
Well that's the funny part. I don't mind sending them the paper up front. I transferred from to this school from a previous one. At my previous one, they gave us all free accounts to turnitin.com and mine still works. If I sent them the paper and they never paid, I would take the copy I saved to my computer and submit it to turnitin.com before the professor could. They would then have a 100% plagiarised paper with no proof of it tracing back to me.

And if they don't like what I wrote, tough. If it gets them the grade, that's all that really matters, right? I don't see how it is illegal. I have checked the school handbook and all it really talks about is plagiarism.

I put "illegal" in quotes. You don't go to jail for it, but they may get in trouble at school for copying someone's work. If it were all innocent, we could buy college diplomas in Giant Food instead of work hard to obtain them. ;)
I don't see how it is illegal. I have checked the school handbook and all it really talks about is plagiarism.

Plagiarism includes taking credit for work done by others instead of you.

So if you have someone else write a paper for you, it's not your own work or words - it is plagiarism. It doesn't have to come from a published book or article in order for it to be considered plagiarism.

So while it might not be "illegal" in terms of criminal law, it is definately unethical and will surly get you and your clients booted out of school sooner or later.

This is from the faq section of an online term paper writer..

I made some changes to the wording as I didn't want this post to be deleted but you will get the point..

"however, we do not condone any plagiarism or encourage any form of plagiarism. You should be aware that unless you have written a paper youself - submitting it as your own is illegal and dishonest."

They themselves warn their own customers that it is illegal..

Is $60.00 worth having to hire a $5,000 attorney after you are caught ?

I wouldn't consider writing illegal term papers a business.. Are you planing on filing/paying income tax ?

• Author

Well then how do you all I suggest I make money in college without getting an actual job with a shcedule? Is it illegal if I type things for people or revise people's papers for money? Or do computer work?

$10 per page is cheap for an original term paper. But, you also need to worry about the grades, and getting caught. Also, what about writers block?

Odd concept I know...people DO get real jobs to make money!

Why not offer a term paper "editing" service. You take their work, re-work it, and then produce the final copy to them. That way they are writing the work and the ideas are as original and you are only editing.

Revision implies rewording, so plagiarism would still be a problem. Teachers expect students to use their own ideas and their own wording.

Imagine that you were a college teacher, especially in a writing class. How would you assess your students' progress if someone else was writing their papers? How would you feel if you were putting in hours of time and effort creating teaching plans and grading papers, only to find out your students were hiring someone else to do the work you assigned?

Use your powers for good!;)

Why don't you set up a tutoring service and help teach people the skills they need to write better papers? Your college might even have a tutoring center that would hire you to do this.

Well then how do you all I suggest I make money in college without getting an actual job with a shcedule?

It's kind of hard to make money legally without having an actual job. It's kind of hard to find a job that doesn't require sticking to some kind of schedule.

Maybe you should try drug dealing. It's not a job, it's illegal, and doesn't require you to maintain a regular schedule. Kind of like writing term papers for other people.

Why not just get a regular job? Work the concession stand at football games or other athletic events. Get a restaurant job. Do some painting.

Or like storyrider says, use your powers for good and be a tutor, helping people write papers without doing it for them.