So then what happens?

Having a short discussion with my H this subject came up. We did not have the answer to it.

(My H is a recovering Catholic now becoming an atheist......I guess I am a natural atheist :lmao: )

So here is the question:

If one of us were to die first (we are married), then the survivor remarried another, then all parties died, in heaven who would we be with, our first or second spouse?

This is assuming that we are all allowed into heaven post death.

I assumed that heaven made you so complete you no longer had use for the idea of husband or wife? If so why do we bother with monogamy while alive?

If you still wanted your spouse in heaven and they remarried how would one cope with that issue?

Or if you hated your first spouse and loved your second........but your first spouse loved you and wanted you?????

And would LS be available in heaven to get advice on how to work this all out? :lmao:

(BTW we have concluded that if either of us dies we will just hang out with monks for the rest of our lives)

Scientifically speaking, romantic love exists for the purpose of getting together with your loved one for procreating, and since in heaven there is no procreation, only those already created go there, then maybe there is no love in heaven?

Therefore there is no need to pick a lover you had on earth. I guess your spirit would just float around in bliss regardless of whose spirit it's around including if you were around an ex who you hated on earth, since I imagine there is no hate either in heaven as it is an ideal place to be in, therefore you will not be in a position to choose one person's spirit over the other's. Everyone will be equally loved the moment they enter through the gates by all of the spirits already there. I guess if you're good enough for God to have reached heaven, then how can you not be good enough to be loved by all of the people there who God has accepted?

I assumed that heaven made you so complete you no longer had use for the idea of husband or wife? If so why do we bother with monogamy while alive?

Because you can't treat your living earth life the same as the afterlife. You are not complete NOW. If you are not monogomous, it would not make you feel complete and not the best atmosphere to raise children and procreate. It wouldn't make sense to live out your life according to how to prepare it for your afterlife love life. That would be like not having lunch today because tomorrow you will eat and get full. You still have to take care of your existing needs now. Plus, the bible says you have to be monogomous to go to heaven so if you are not monogomous, then you won't go there to be with your husband in the first place. Or it would be like saying we might as well commit murder here on earth since there will be no use for it in heaven.

I find it interesting that people seem to think that heaven will be just like earth but in the sky.

I agree with Fun2 that the afterlife includes a different spiritual plane, a perfect understanding of love, and a love for all other beings that transcends that which we know as 'love' on this planet. You'll be in union with all other spirits and you'll know their beauty - something which on earth is obscured by issues, problems, and earthly concerns. There won't be an issue of preferring one individual spirit over other spirits and therefore your current spouse (or any spouse) will be no more lovable to you than any of the other inhabitants of 'over there'.

HokeyReligions

The Bible tells us, “At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven” (Matthew 22:30). This was Jesus’ answer in response to a question concerning a woman who had been married multiple times in her life – who would she be married to in heaven (Matthew 22:23-28)? Evidently, there will be no such thing as marriage in heaven. This does not mean that a husband and wife will not longer know each other in heaven. This also does not mean that a husband and wife could not still have a close relationship in heaven. What it does seem to indicate, though, is that a husband and wife will no longer be married in heaven. There is likely no purpose for marriage in heaven since there is no procreation or loneliness.

If one of us were to die first (we are married), then the survivor remarried another, then all parties died, in heaven who would we be with, our first or second spouse?

you would be with your 1st spouse but you'd both be in HELL because you got divorced...

I assumed that heaven made you so complete you no longer had use for the idea of husband or wife?

so in heaven we'd all have both a puxxy and a c*ck? sign me up! :laugh:

Or if you hated your first spouse and loved your second........but your first spouse loved you and wanted you?????

you'd all three be in HELL because of involvement in a love triangle...

And would LS be available in heaven to get advice on how to work this all out? :lmao:

LS would be available in hell only due to excessive profanity and questionable subject matter.

I think the more you think about heaven as a religious concept, the less compatible the concept becomes with religion.

Heaven would either have to be a place where we could be very selfish and indulgent, basically breaking all the pesky rules we had to follow in order to get there, which doesn't make any sense, or it would have to be a place where you'd eventually be bored after a certain measure of eternity.

It takes a bunch of fiction to make it right. You either create heaven as a place where you're this spirit that's just chill with everything, but that doesn't seem too much different than certain drugs we have here on Earth, and if you're in a place where you've transcended Earthly existence, then you really don't exist anymore, and you can hardly remain conscious to enjoy Heaven.

To solve the spouse issue, you could just say that Heaven was personal and that your Heaven would be different than mine, as indeed it should be, but it's still both wishful thinking and creative fiction.

The idea of getting something for a good life kinda distorts the motivations for living a good life, I think. Also, I think one of the things that makes life on Earth so great is that it's not always perfect, and that there are people on Earth that you can relate to through good times and bad. Also, knowing that you only have a finite time on the planet makes everything you do somewhat more significant.

littlekitty
LS would be available in hell only due to excessive profanity and questionable subject matter.

:lmao::laugh::lmao: True!

:lmao::laugh::lmao: True!

There could be 2 versions of LS - Rated Hell and Rated Heaven. Heaven threads could include "I miss all the drama my life used to have" or "my harp is out of tune" or "I miss my SO who is in hell but I don't know what he could've done to go there". Hell threads could include "I wasn't invited to the orgy fest last night" or "it's so dam hot down here, tricks to staying cool" or "what I would've done differently on Earth not to have ended up in this hellhole". Hell members would be connected to a bad server that always crashes and stalls and limited to only once a week access between their flogging and torture. The "Abuse" and "Coping" groups would be popular in hell, with "The Water Cooler" completely ommitted as there is none in hell, maybe replaced with "The Torture Chamber."