Is there really a god?

Toni_no12002

I have been wondering this for a while now and although i really wish there was i dont think there is.

I mean theres no proof.

It makes me so angry that he doesnt help.I will probably get people saying he does but how?

Has he helped any of you?Because he hasnt me.

Why would he want people to obey his every command and then repay them with something thats nasty?

I mean take my grandad he died a year ago from something being wrong with his heart.(painful) now my nanna a year later has cancer!Shes a believer but yet he wont help!The thing is if she gets better i suppose thats gods work but if she dies then he couldnt do anything about it.It gets me so wound up.

Does he enjoy seeing people in pain?If not why does he let it happen?

• Like 1
I have been wondering this for a while now and although i really wish there was i dont think there is.

I mean theres no proof.

It makes me so angry that he doesnt help.I will probably get people saying he does but how?

Has he helped any of you?Because he hasnt me.

Why would he want people to obey his every command and then repay them with something thats nasty?

I mean take my grandad he died a year ago from something being wrong with his heart.(painful) now my nanna a year later has cancer!Shes a believer but yet he wont help!The thing is if she gets better i suppose thats gods work but if she dies then he couldnt do anything about it.It gets me so wound up.

Does he enjoy seeing people in pain?If not why does he let it happen?

Oh boy, do I see a very long thread coming on, with lots of arguing and name calling.:p

To answer the question, I do believe that there is a God.

reservoirdog1

I don't believe there's a god, because I've yet to see anything I regard as proof of His/Her existence.

Now admittedly, nobody has yet proven conclusively that there ISN'T a god.

That's really what "faith" amounts too -- believing in a higher power and simply accepting their existence. My position is, I guess, faith of a different kind.

I know that believers often say they can "feel" the presence of God, and that's all the proof they need. Not enough for me to buy into it because I don't feel it. But it's kind of like asking somebody like me to prove my love for my children or family. I can feel that love, and that's all the proof I need.

Is it impossible that there's a God? Of course not. I just don't believe it.

• Like 1
  • Author
Toni_no12002

oh and i didnt mean to offend anyone!im just a little angry.I dont personally believe in him but christians are always saying that god should be there for everyone so why isnt he now???because i dont believe in him?My nanna does so where is he?

oh and i didnt mean to offend anyone!im just a little angry.I dont personally believe in him but christians are always saying that god should be there for everyone so why isnt he now???because i dont believe in him?My nanna does so where is he?

No offense was taken. We are all entitled to our opinions. I was was just basing my comment from previous threads concerning religion and God. It's all good.:)

I don't believe in the christian defined version of god, but I do have faith in something behind it all. Why? I have no idea, but it definitely feels right(inside me) to believe, then to not believe at all. So I go with instinct.

• Author
Toni_no12002

Thanks lol

The thing i realise is that there is no way on this earth that anyone can or cannot prove god exists.

I do believe one thing though about god and the devil.I dont believe that there is actually a being who is god or who is the devil.I believe that those to are things inside us all.We are all a god or devil.

If you think about it god is good and the devil is bad.Accept they are all one or all the other.

The bible says about sins but why did god let us make them decisions.No matter what religion we are we all commit sins.

me personally i think that it is a story.Why would there be so many different religions otherwise?I dont want to offend anyone by what i am saying at all this is just my views.

I believe in science.Maybe the whole thing about god was created to bring comfort to our lifes.Something to make us feel life is worth living.

On the other hand maybe we really all are in hell?

what does everyone think?

]When...

You are grateful, Phil. 1:3-11

You worry, Mt. 6:19-34

You are lonely or fearful, Ps. 23

You need peace of mind, Jn. 14:27 or Phil. 4:6-8

You grow bitter or critical, 1 Cor. 13

You have sinned, Ps. 51 or Jn. 1

You are discouraged, Ps. 34

You need assurance of God's care, Ps. 139

You feel overwhelmed, Jer. 1:4-10

In sickness, Ps. 41

You feel sorrowful, Jn. 14 or Ps. 46

In danger, Ps. 91

You want courage, Josh. 1:1-9

You question your suffering, Is. 53

You forget your blessings, Ps. 103

Looking for joy, Col. 3

You leave home to travel, Ps. 121

Preoccupied with possessions, Mk. 10:17-31

You need guidelines for living, Mt. 5-7, Rom. 12

You need rules of conduct, Ex. 20:1-17

You seek God's will for your life, Prov. 3:1-6

I BELIEVE IN GOD.....WITHOUT FAITH IN HIM I HAVE NOTHING.. HE IS MY HOPE, HE IS THE ONE WHOM I CAN TALK TO WITHOUT BEING TEASED, PUT DOWN, RIDICULTED, LIED TO, MANIPULATED AND SO ONE AND SO FORTH.

It makes me so angry that he doesnt help.

He does help you. He only helps you in his way which is the best way. What we want is not always good for us. He knows what is best. I don't see his help because we have one track minds and want what WE want. If we don't get what we want we accuse him of not helping us. Does a parent always give a child what he wants?? NO. Does the parent know what is best for the child? Yes. So there--God gives us what is best for us. We don't always see it.

God gives us a free will. He will not force us or make us do anything. He knows no one is perfect. He allowed us to be like this. Therefore he choses to forgive us for our transgressions when we seek sincere forgiveness because we feel bad for what we have done wrong.

mean take my grandad he died a year ago from something being wrong with his heart.(painful) now my nanna a year later has cancer!Shes a believer but yet he wont help!The thing is if she gets better i suppose thats gods work but if she dies then he couldnt do anything about it.It gets me so wound up

I have lost many people in my life whom I have loved including my daughter. I have been angry and asked why too. I'm sure most all of us have, who believe in him. We do not have all the answers. He does not give them all to us. There are mysterys that we will only know on the day we meet our creator (God).

I believe that we do pay a price on earth for our misdeeds. I believe we are punished to a extent for our selfishness. I also believe we suffer for those whom we love. (if someone you truly loved was going to be hurt and you were given the offer to take their place would you?) I would give my life for my childs life. Suffering is a part of life. We all must die someday. Sooner or later. If no one died how would we all survive together??

I personally do not believe when someone dies they don't exhist anymore. I believe their spirit lives on and are still with us. I have felt my beloved Grandmothers spirit when I needed her the most and when I least expect her to be present I can feel her. I know my little girl is watching over my son and myself. I know my little girl is with us. I feel her love and my son has told me he senses her presence when he feels alone and lonely.

Has he helped any of you

I believe he helps me with everything in my life. I have witnessed his presence. I have seen the sun dance in the sky, I have seen spirits of love near. I have witnessed many wonderful things in my life that I can't put into words. I once walked away from my faith and tried to deny his existance but I it was short lived. He always made himself known in my life in many many things. I am not perfect. I do not try to be. I make many many mistakes knowing I am chosing to do them.

I know my life could be better if I chose to live it better. I am selfish and I want my selfish pleasures in life so therefore I know I have to suffer for what I chose to do that is against what is good.

God does exhist. I have opened up my heart and I have searched for him and have found him.

God will not get in your face, God will not always do what you want him to do for you. If you are asking for something out of selfish reasons for your gain generally he wont give you what you WANT but he will give you what you NEED..

WOW that was a mouthful..

• Like 1
I mean theres no proof.
Isn't the fact that you breathe, feel, laugh, cry, proof enough?

Sure, scientist credit the, "Big Bang", theory and somehow all of these elements magically combined themselves to create an ecosystem worthy of substaining life......but, how'd they all get together in one place, at the right time?

As far as God allowing terribly things to happen, ie, your grandpa and grandma, these things come with age. Terrible things happen to good people all the time. It doesn't mean God is the cause of it. We do have free will. And the reason we have free will is so we can love without force.

Yes, there is a God.

Personally, I believe there is a god. Most of the bad things that happen in the world cannot be blamed on him. They can simply be blamed on us.

The human race in it’s entirety is corrupt. In a perfect world, there would be no rape. No murder, no violence.

There is an eternal balance between those that are good and those that are evil. Even T.S Elliot believed so, if any of you have read his work.

There are both bad people and good people in the world. It’s not god’s fault that someone is evil, And he can’t stop them fully because he has too much hope that they will turn a new leaf.

And about letting people die...

Everyone dies. It makes no difference if it’s today or 100 years from now. As long as you try to do as much good as you can, and enjoy the time that you have death isn’t all that bad.

Accept that.

• Author
Toni_no12002

Thanks for that :D

But if he gave us free will and people die what is the point in him being there?

Is there really a heaven? which i dont think there is.

So are you saying that the people that die in pain are supposed to die that way?

One thing that got me is that there was an accident abit ago about some people praying to god.The stage they where on or something they where on fell and quite a few died.Why wouldnt he help then?But i suppose people would say he did in a way because some people lived.

Why would he make a world where everyone was cruel and bitter.why even give them that evil in the first place?so he can watch us rip each other apart?Is it some game to him so he doesnt get bored?

God was supposed to have made the world and the people in it.But science has found that the world was created by a big bang.confusing.

One thing i dont understand is how long has this universe been here?Does time not really matter in that aspect?There must of been a beggining or was there.So many questions but so many not answered!

and an excellent post

Thank you sincerely... But I'm sure I will get much criticism for my beliefs. It doesn't matter to me. I know in my heart. I feel it in my heart. I have so much to say about stuff pertaining to God but I can't..

I have had 7 rosary's turn gold on me from praying for other people. seeing the sun dance in the sky in Bosnia during a pilrimage, watching physical healing happen to people I know personally, seeing my 5 year old son in a trace while walking down a rocky uneven path in Bosnia with no problems and when he came out of his trance he told us Jesus and God were holding his hands and walking with him (he was walking with his hands outstretched and upward as if two people were holding his hands.)

With so much proof and unexplainable events witnessed by more then just me at the time; how can I deny his exhistance....

Pain is part of life lady.

People die. People live. Life and Death are an endless cycle. It's not how one dies, but how one had lived.

Oh, and Scientists haven’t “Proven” anything. They are going off theories

• Author
Toni_no12002

Doesnt psychology explain though that people can witness things that arent actually there?

Who actually wrote the bible?

Its a book that was written ages ago.How do we not know that its a fiction book?

I mean i could write a book and in a 100 years or more people could find it and believe it.

In them times anyone that could do things was thought of as evil or extremeley powerful whereas now we have studied things and we know that things can be illusions etc

When this book was written there are people saying jesus did this and that but how did people in those times know he was a miracle man for sure?He could of been a magician.Things that happened in those days where seen as unreal now anythings possible.

If we didnt know that some tricks magicians play on us are illusions then we would think they where pwerful and almighty to wouldnt we?

If nothing has been proven about the world where as science is envolved why do people choose to belive in god.There is no proof whatsoever.Except for a book that over time might have been thought of as real when really it might have just been a story.

If god gave us free will why send jesus down to tell us to follow him?Why didnt he come himself?

I don’t know why you tried to find the answers to all of life’s questions here. I mean, The internet is powerful, but not that powerful. You have to find your own answers to why everything is the way it is out there in the world.

I mean, it’s not like god is going to log onto loveshack and be like:

“Hey, This is god. I’ve come to tell you that I am real.”

The fact is, No-one truly knows 100% why they are here. They don’t truly know god is there. They don’t know that they will live to see the next sunrise, let alone what takes them from the world of the living.

All we have is our hope. We are only human.

• Author
Toni_no12002

Maybe thats why the bible was written to give hope though.So we wouldnt feel living was for nothing.Im not saying it was abad idea or anything!

I wrote this so i could hear peoples views i know i wont get all the answers but i like disscussing things.Hear what people think.But please no on get offended by anything thats the last thing i want to do!

Im nice, really honest!:D

Im not offended, Im just saying that if you thought this post would clear up the shroud of mist coving the meaning of life, your dead wrong.

But, A lot of people will probably be offended, and sooner or later it’ll turn into the classic battle of

“My belief is ten times better then yours!”

It’s human nature to believe that your belief system is better then those that don’t share it.

Isn't the fact that you breathe, feel, laugh, cry, proof enough?

Sure, scientist credit the, "Big Bang", theory and somehow all of these elements magically combined themselves to create an ecosystem worthy of substaining life......but, how'd they all get together in one place, at the right time?

not trying to offend you, but the theory of god is at least just as likely or unlikely as the big bang theory.

i find it interesting that you say "all of these elements magically combined..." as though that concept is simply preposterous (though can be backed up with science) yet the concept of god isn't just as "magically" incredulous to you.

i support you for your beliefs, however. just making an observation.

Heres a few place's you can go to find some answers. Each religous sect has different beleifs in the details but the general belief we all share as Christians is we ALL believe in GOD....

http://www.catholicapologetics.org/cabiapbk.htm

http://www.cwo.com/~pentrack/catholic/apolo.html

http://ic.net/~erasmus/RAZ24.HTM

You have lots of questions. I think you should seek them from different Christian souces not just from one religous affiliation. Do your research and don't just go by what everyone says in LS or another forums. You need to seek your answers. Call some local churchs in your area whether Catholic, Lutheran, Pentacostal, Methodist, Baptist and ask them the questions you seek answers to. You WILL get different answers but you might find where your heart truly is. I am a cradle Roman Catholic and I will never never never give up my faith again. I would die first....

• Author
Toni_no12002

I dont believe that my opinion is right maybe its wrong.Thats what opinions are just your opinions.

I know that i wont find all the answers here.Maybe sometimes life wouldnt be worth living if we knew the meaning of life anyway.But i like to discuss things like this there interesting.

If people want to fight about it then thats there choice its not going to get them anywhere.It just interesting hearing what people have to say about it.If everyone had the same opinions it would be boring!

I think its good that people believe in different things.

Im not saying that god doesnt exist.Maybe he does but at the minute i believe whats right here right now.Maybe its not so bad to believe in things that cant actually be seen.

Im not saying all that is magic or whatever but how do we know it could be or it could be that god does exist or it could be that its a totally different thing all together.

Im confusing myself lol.

;)

I wrote this so i could hear peoples views i know i wont get all the answers but i like disscussing things.Hear what people think.But please no on get offended by anything thats the last thing i want to do! Im nice, really honest!:D

I think you are a nice person from some of your posts I've read. But when you speak of religion or politics you will/or could start up a very heated discussion that can get very mean and out of control.

Most people don't intend to start things that could get nasty. It just happens.:bunny:

• Author
Toni_no12002

I hope no one argues over this.sorry.i never get things right lol Oh well i am human after all :D

Nobody argue!i mean it!Please dont because i will get the blame!