i think ive gone mentally insane

destroyedlife

so too many things have gone messed up in my life and im starting to see a pattern where i literly can predict the future. everything is so perfectly syncronized in my life, from waiting for someone to get out of the washroom. or stopping someone one walking accross the street. and its like once i complete a task instantly a new one forms. its this never ending cycle, i even keep to myself and stopped hanging out with everyone and i still seem to attract more attention then ever. almost like i am a guinea pig or some test subject. it seems like i always put in the soup or salad situation fork in the road, where i have to make a decision and no matter what theres always a chain reaction of consiquences. like im being watched by aliens or something.

on top of that, i recently started being able to see people, i dont know if they are dead, or alive. but when i close my eyes just enough so that light can still pass threw, and focus on the inner of my eye lids, i can see people. they wave at me they smile, some of them give me the finger. i know this all sounds really messed up. but its true.

this ever happen to anyone else?

CautiouslyOptimistic

Have you seen a psychiatrist? Started any new meds recently?

Nobody here can diagnose you. But, no, none of that has ever happened to me. I get why you're worried about it. :(:love:

• Like 1

How frightening. Yes, I think you are having some sort of a break and that you do need to get in to see a psychologist or psychiatrist. If it starts feeling very urgent, just go to the ER and tell them you need to see a psychiatrist. perhaps they can eliminate anything physical that could be causing problems first.

Don't feel bad about seeking help. You need to get tested and find out what you're dealing with.

I agree he needs immediate help though. Especially if there are thoughts of harming himself or others.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

Sure! I feel things happen before they manifest in the physical realm.

Psychosis is a sign of spiritual awakening. Nothing to worry about.

Have a beautiful day my friend!

I suggest you seek medical help.

removed rude comment
DrReplyInRhymes
so too many things have gone messed up in my life and im starting to see a pattern where i literly can predict the future. everything is so perfectly syncronized in my life, from waiting for someone to get out of the washroom. or stopping someone one walking accross the street.

Have you ever considered that perhaps this state of mind is being ...not insane?

DrReplyInRhymes

I have to double post because I won't be able to edit in more of my own 2 cents.

Have you ever considered that maybe, for some reason, you've received enlightenment? That perhaps, you've had a glimpse of what others call insanity around you - and have been given a perspective of sanity?

You'll get a bunch of advice about seeking medical treatment and taking pills and perhaps you're mentally ill. It's entirely possible they are right in their wanting to help you. It's also entirely possible that you are mentally ill as well - do you FEEL mentally ill? Are you seeing people that other people can't? What's the extent of your 'reality' compared to the 'reality' of those around you? How different is it?

However, explore this. Have fun with it. Watch a football game, see if you can predict where the football will be before it gets there. How often are you right versus how often are you wrong? Expand this to predicting what people will say. How does it feel the moment before you know what they're going to say? How does it feel to look somewhere and know you knew exactly what would be there before it was there?

Can you recognize that feeling at an instants notice?

There are accounts of, for lack of better words, abnormal abilities in many different people. I'm hesitant to use the words "supernatural" abilities, or some other description that would taint a real experience as anything other than what would be described as socially and scientifically impossible or a "superhero" type ability. Instead of bringing to mind fairy-tale like comparisons, do some research on seers of old. The myths exist for a reason - and why people feel that they only existed in days long gone are beyond me. Perhaps - this was what a true wizard was - someone given the ability to tap into the "chi" of the world.

Shamans, elders, dreamwalkers, miracle workers, witch docters, etc. What they all have in common is that people attest to their existence - however, to understand what it is they were able to do would be a explanation only available to the one who experiences it. - Could you relate to someone who had a similar experience and compare notes without borrowing from each other's experience in a shared and biased way that would essentially just end up as confirmational bias?

TL;DR - You're not the first person to claim to have experiences like this. Instead of assuming you are crazy, test yourself. Then try to share experiences - in a non-biased way - with others who may have had a similar experience without borrowing each others "same experiences" as that would simply ruin the entire reason why you're sharing with each other in the first place. Don't fall into the trap of "weegee-boarding" for an answer - everyone just filling in details of similar experiences to reach a shared conclusion in order to not feel alone - but rather - treat it as scientists treat an experiment with the intent to learn rather than to support an already accepted theory.

Perhaps, you're more spiritual than even you'd like to admit, and others around you.

Edited by DrReplyInRhymes
SunnyWeather

Hello destroyedlife

There is hope as is not what your name suggests...

It must be frightening for you to be experiencing what you have described. In answer to your question, no, this has not happened to me, but I have experienced moments of synchronicity. What you are describing sounds like it something different and is increasing in frequency and causing you a lot of discomfort and concern, and rightly so.

You didn't say how long these experiences have been going on nor how old you are--these are important factors and distinctions to know. But, this forum is not the place to go into those details nor seek diagnosis as the likelihood of receiving false info is quite high given the complexity and seriousness of the symptoms you are describing. I behoove you to get assessed by a mental health professional--a psychiatrist or psychologist--who can diagnose this. The earlier you seek treatment the better the prognosis will be for management.

Without inferring you do this, I want to also add that cannabis and other hallucinogenics can exacerbate and even bring on psychotic conditions especially if done before the age of 24 in certain populations.

If you don't have access to a mental health professional, please go to your nearest hospital to get assessed. What is happening to you could mean a lot of different things, and you won't know how to proceed until you are properly diagnosed.

Please keep us updated, and I wish you well.

SunnyWeather
divegrl wrote

Sure! I feel things happen before they manifest in the physical realm.

Psychosis is a sign of spiritual awakening. Nothing to worry about.

Have a beautiful day my friend!

I have to double post because I won't be able to edit in more of my own 2 cents.

Have you ever considered that maybe, for some reason, you've received enlightenment? That perhaps, you've had a glimpse of what others call insanity around you - and have been given a perspective of sanity?

I appreciate the sentiment by both posters, I really do, and happen to agree a lot with what you are writing, however, there needs to be a distinction from one who is grounded and able to handle that information, and functions in society, to one who is suffering from full blown schizophrenia or bipolar w/mania or brain injury. The potential to harm him/herself or others is quite high, not to mention the daily suffering the person and their family endures.

the OP needs to find out which it is for him. Un treating a serious condition such as those described has the potential to do a lot of damage.

DrReplyInRhymes
I appreciate the sentiment by both posters, I really do, and happen to agree a lot with what you are writing, however, there needs to be a distinction from one who is grounded and able to handle that information, and functions in society, to one who is suffering from full blown schizophrenia or bipolar w/mania or brain injury. The potential to harm him/herself or others is quite high, not to mention the daily suffering the person and their family endures.

the OP needs to find out which it is for him. Un treating a serious condition such as those described has the potential to do a lot of damage.

It's nice that you care a lot about his/her ...mental health, but this is the exact reason why if there are real people who experience things like this out in the world - Id' assume they'd rather keep quiet about it.

The advice given, such as:

But, this forum is not the place to go into those details nor seek diagnosis as the likelihood of receiving false info is quite high given the complexity and seriousness of the symptoms you are describing. I behoove you to get assessed by a mental health professional--a psychiatrist or psychologist--who can diagnose this. The earlier you seek treatment the better the prognosis will be for management

is already assuming that he/she has got a mental health problem and the solution is management of said problem. While you're probably a great person for suggesting as such, and it seems intelligent as well considering how you type, to assume mental illness would be to completely disregard the content of his/her entire experiences.

Imagine if this person is educated, not a drug addict, no history of mental illness, basically a 'normal person' as outlined by the DSM and whatever other , dare I say 'medical' guide, in an attempt to explain unpredictable human behavior and while may be thought of as bipolar and/or schizoprenic - could in fact have a spiritual link that, unfortunately, is an art that's been shunned and lost through the evolution of man.

Assuming you are a Christian, even if you're not, he/she is posting in a spirituality section of a forum - how can you even suggest mental illness? While it's a suggestion based out of good intentions and I respect that - I think the person is posting in the exact right section and asking people if others can relate at all.

Or, perhaps they are mentally ill and this is the advice they should heed.

I think Moses would think you're crazy, and I think you'd think Moses was crazy. If you're a Christian....that is.

• Like 1

I have never experienced the things you described, other than perhaps feeling a very strong sense of deja vu here and there. If I do have any spiritual-type experiences, they usually present themselves in the form of dreams.

I saw another post from from you expressing concern after a break up about drinking too much, doing too much cocaine and other drugs. These things can certainly lead to the experiences you described. Do you have a therapist or a trusted person close to you who you can talk to about these issues? If so, they might be better equipped to help you navigate these issues.

Although I’m not disagreeing that some therapy would help in this situation. But I can say that there is validity to most wrongful diagnoses being a result of spiritual awakening. If anyone is not aware of this I recommend you do a little reading of the works or CG Jung. The man himself made many statements that back this up in full. If my memory serves me correctly he even went as far as to say over 70% of patients in care at his time were misdiagnosed.

On to the OP. I would suggest reading up on LOA (law of attraction) specifically by Esther Hicks as her stuff is a little more down to earth and not surrounded by a scheme to make money or influence in a negative manor. Sometimes one predicting the future is a result of their own manifestations. And also not knowing what is a challenge and so on and so fourth. Knowing how powerful your thoughts are in creating your day to day life experiences are key for you right now.

I would also suggest picking up some books about psychic development. What you’re going through can be better controlled or toned down by simple tasks like cord cutting. Small changes in diet, breathing, grounding, yoga and meditation.

Also I would definitely recommend heading over to the spiritual forums. Google them. They have whole subsections dedicated to exactly what you posted and John is very good at helping out with beginners with his wisdom.

The main thing to focus on is your inner state. Do not fear what is going on or look at yourself in a negative light or place labels on your condition. It only makes things worse. Know that you aren’t crazy and have fun with what happens. I wouldn’t stress what you can predict happening before it does. As this will drive one to overthinking. Relax and Find beauty in what is happening trust the process and that all will be ok.

The most important tip I can give you now is to keep two journals and write in them daily until you pass. One of daily thoughts and experiences and one of your dreams. Both will be crucial in your development and help you in more ways than I could even express. Good luck and well travels my friend.

• 4 weeks later...
on top of that, i recently started being able to see people, i dont know if they are dead, or alive. but when i close my eyes [...]

In the case of dead people trying to interfere with you or catch your conscious attention, I would strongly suggest to make Calls or give prayers for spiritual protection.

As to some of the other situations to which you refer, they are likely not spiritually worrisome.

In general, as to feeling 'mentally insane', Chapter 21 of the Text of 'A Course in Miracles' actually deals with this feeling of 'madness' versus 'truth and reality' -- it is not as uncommon as we might think.

In the case of dead people trying to interfere with you or catch your conscious attention, I would strongly suggest to make Calls or give prayers for spiritual protection.

Good plan but you forgot to post the number.

todreaminblue

when i have things happen i cant handle or make me feel bad...i pray to god to take them away from me...i keep god in the loop and i go on living my life with whatever craziness comes my way i know god doesnt want me to feel bad and thats how i determine whats right and good and whats not....

i have been certified crazy.....court ordered crazy.....

i am not a fan of the word crazy used in a derogatory sense actually so i am going to stop saying it in a derogatory sense.....

what is"crazy" for some is not crazy for others......in a spiritual sense...god gives gifts to people ...all people...

and these gifts and insight are meant to be used for good.....so keep god in the loop ...pray to him to guide you and when things happen that make you feel wrong...make it right by handing it over to god....

i dont know you well enough or am i even a professional to diagnose what is right for you...only god knows.....if you feel intuition that you might be unwell or heading that way ...always reach out to those who love you ..talk to them..be open.........trust in them to guide and support you..and trust god wants you to thrive in this "crazy world"...keep god in your heart and mind...and staying home where you feel safe....i understand this...its what i do when i feel ..."overwhelmed with ...insight".it is for the best i stay home and reflect and stay..."safe".......i wish you peace my friend....deb

Edited by todreaminblue
[...] and i go on living my life with whatever craziness comes my way i know god doesnt want me to feel bad and thats how i determine whats right and good and whats not....

Hi, deb.

That is very much the message throughout 'A Course in Miracles'...that God has no interest or investment in making us suffer, grieve, etc.

Your gentleness and compassion always comes through in your posts, which leads me to think that you have already embodied most of ACIM's teachings. For myself, that is still but an aspiration. :).

I also like what it has to say about 'time', 'space', 'perception of reality', and such...but am still working on fitting that into a more realistic view of the world.

Sending much of God's Blessings and Love your way.

• Like 1

if you think you're going insane you are actually fine

if you think there is nothing wrong with you then you are going insane