Does anyone else here believe in reincarnation and past lives?

Have you ever met anyone from a past life in terms of partners?

Just curious.

I have met a genuine past life psychic who knows this stuff and she was very specific and validated a lot so this really converted me to a believer haha

Youngestdaughter

The first rule of Thermodynamics is that energy never dies it just changes forms. So, I definitely believe in an afterlife and intelligent design. But the second rule of Thermodynamics is that energy loses mass or size when it changes forms. So, scientifically, I don't see how people's energy could keep passing to other people while losing size. Also, I lost my favorite cousin in '09. For weeks, I obsessively studied stories of people who died and came back. With very few exceptions, there was the tunnel, the light and dead loved ones. And they weren't memories either because a lot of people didn't recognize whom they saw until they came back and relatives who did remember them told them who they were.. I used to be frightened every time I drove on this dark curvy road by my parents' house. Then one night, I saw my dead grandfather's face in my rearview mirror. We weren't even close. He died when I was six. Also, I dreamed about running into my ex and him giving me a hug. Two days later , I found out he died the night I had the dream. So, no, neither scientifically nor by personal experience do I believe in reincarnation. But I've no doubt there's an afterlife.

• Like 3

I believe in past lives or different dimensions. I have met someone who I believe I knew in a past life. It did not mean we were destined to be together in this life.

GorillaTheater

I don't know whether I do or not, just pointing out that Chico Marx died almost exactly 9 months before I was born.

• Like 4
  • Author
I believe in past lives or different dimensions. I have met someone who I believe I knew in a past life. It did not mean we were destined to be together in this life.

We always felt that we were married in a past life.

I don't believe in destiny when it comes to relationships. I believe you have several options and you choose to make if work. There is not just the one option out there as a life partner.

I think we come to experience certain things and there is a common theme to our lives and all our adversities and challenges. But how we reach a destination can vary...we can come to learn the objectives we set out to experience in life (that we picked as a soul pre birth) by using several different options of partners with which we experience our life with. I don't think we need THE ONE pre destined partner in order to meet our souls objectives.

I had a past life Reading from an amazing psychic. Turns out the way him and I met in this life is exactly how we met in this lifetime.. it was a scarily specific way too. She had no way of knowing how we met in this lifetime either. I gave her no information. And we were married in the last life except the roles were reversed. .I looked after him in the past life, and in this life I am the unwell one who has needed to be looked after.

Of course we also have a boatload of uncanny synchronicities. We have the same numbers and letters on our cars. We both had visions of this number before we even met.

One could say that we reincarnated together to learn how to reverse the roles so he is the one doing the caring where as last lifetime, if was me who assumed this role.

He also taught me to love myself. I feel attractive enough for true love. I felt physically good enough. And that was excited lacking prior to him.

So according to karmic relationship past life logic, these relationships come to serve a certain purpose and to teach us life lessons. And then they NEED to end so we can move on to the next partner so we can begin our next life lesson found in the next karmic tie.

Or, we can find a mess intense connection: a life partner. I find a huge ...... Coincidence that most happy and long lasting marriages don't have that more intense karmic tie..... The feeling of instantly love and intensity where you feel like you have known them before. This is print because we have, and our souls seek urgency to live out the lessons.....

So I for sure feel there is a lot of merit to the very common pattern of the more intense relationships ending while the stable dependable life partners feel less intense orbs connection yet last longer .......

The more intense relationships ending she to their karmic nature which has a shelf life after you live out the karma and learn what is required, and live out the reason U met up again in this next life. Without the past life connection and imminent need to have to meet up for a second or third time ... The relationship will likely be easy and flow well, last longer yet be less intense.

I am not into destiny when it comes to relationships and do feel that I can build a life with my karmic past life husband. I feel we still have a lot of learning to do and it doesn't have to be over simply because he was probably sent here to teach me and learn a set number of things and then go on his separate way. Spiritual teachers often claim absolutes with regards to soul mates or karmic past life relationships or twin flames. But I am perfectly happy to break the rules and aim for a lifetime with my karmic past life partner......

I personally don't believe in twin flames or soul mates. I feel it's what these spiritual teachers say to make themselves feel better about their own relationships. I believe in past lives though. I also feel the more intense relationships can be this way to to unresolved karma and prior experiences together that need to be re lived if the roles reversed this lifetime.

• Author
I don't know whether I do or not, just pointing out that Chico Marx died almost exactly 9 months before I was born.

The similarities are uncanny.

• Like 2
  • Author
The first rule of Thermodynamics is that energy never dies it just changes forms. So, I definitely believe in an afterlife and intelligent design. But the second rule of Thermodynamics is that energy loses mass or size when it changes forms. So, scientifically, I don't see how people's energy could keep passing to other people while losing size. Also, I lost my favorite cousin in '09. For weeks, I obsessively studied stories of people who died and came back. With very few exceptions, there was the tunnel, the light and dead loved ones. And they weren't memories either because a lot of people didn't recognize whom they saw until they came back and relatives who did remember them told them who they were.. I used to be frightened every time I drove on this dark curvy road by my parents' house. Then one night, I saw my dead grandfather's face in my rearview mirror. We weren't even close. He died when I was six. Also, I dreamed about running into my ex and him giving me a hug. Two days later , I found out he died the night I had the dream. So, no, neither scientifically nor by personal experience do I believe in reincarnation. But I've no doubt there's an afterlife.

We are souls. Souls separate from the body at death and some choose to take on bodies again.

Science can't explain everything.

amaysngrace

My exBF use to say we were married in another life. I wonder if I broke up with him then too.

• Like 1
major_merrick

I don't believe in past lives. However, both my husband and I have memories of stuff we didn't experience...past stuff from a couple of centuries ago. I believe there could be a genetic component to memory, which could explain the "past life" flashes that people have. My husband always says, "It is appointed unto man once to die, and after that the judgement."

I don't believe in twin souls, soulmates, or any of that. However, something has always driven me and my husband to be together...like we were supposed to be siblings but somehow ended up in different families.

• Author
I don't believe in past lives. However, both my husband and I have memories of stuff we didn't experience...past stuff from a couple of centuries ago. I believe there could be a genetic component to memory, which could explain the "past life" flashes that people have. My husband always says, "It is appointed unto man once to die, and after that the judgement."

I don't believe in twin souls, soulmates, or any of that. However, something has always driven me and my husband to be together...like we were supposed to be siblings but somehow ended up in different families.

That scares me about my current Fiance.

If we ever ..... I do not even want to mention it, but I Just can't see us ever being able to come into contact with each other and feel nothing.

I also do not believe in twin flames or soul mates. But I very much believe in past lives and the fact we are souls in human bodies and in fact, experience several lifetimes.

I was a total sceptic until recently too. I really was:lmao:

healing light

Big believer in past lives here, have had weird **** happen to me that verifies them in my eyes.

Many times I feel when you meet someone and click right away as if you've known them forever that you've actually met them in past lives--I believe this is partially responsible for "love at first sight." I've had this happen to me once and have no other way of explaining the intensity of it (consequently, a few really good psychics I know told me we were lovers in multiple past lives).

There are interesting books on the topic, some of which describe hypnotic regressions where people speak in languages they have no knowledge of in this life (in some cases, ancient dead languages--there is a term for it that I can't recall).

Edited by healing light
  • Author
Big believer in past lives here, have had weird **** happen to me that verifies them in my eyes.

Many times I feel when you meet someone and click right away as if you've known them forever that you've actually met them in past lives--I believe this is partially responsible for "love at first sight." I've had this happen to me once and have no other way of explaining the intensity of it (consequently, a few really good psychics I know told me we were lovers in multiple past lives).

There are interesting books on the topic, some of which describe hypnotic regressions where people speak in languages they have no knowledge of in this life (in some cases, ancient dead languages--there is a term for it that I can't recall).

I have always needed that love at first site connection. I never needed the "ease" or "perfect relationship with no fighting" or the 10/10 compatibility.. I never wanted the easy or straight forward relationship.

I now realise my drive for a past life connection has been the main driver for me in dating and relationships before I even knew anything about what a past life was/whether it was a real thing.

It feels like I always knew these types of connections exists, and I just knew I would be tempted to leave a guy if say, I settled on 10/10 compatibility with only 7/10 spark and chemistry. The thrill of encountering a greater connection is not something I felt I could look past. I always felt monogamy was not the most natural or 'ideal" state, so I always wanted to either not bother at all with it, or to go after the most genuine and compelling connections and make a go of them.

I know how I work and wanted to avoid the urge to break up a marriage. I have found that once I finally found a compelling enough connection that just felt right from the start, it does go along way in maintaining the motivation to keep the relationship mutually satisfying and to work through out problems that could otherwise render a relationship unworkable.

Meeting my fiance has confirmed my desire for a past life connection. I did not look into past lives or even believe in any of this when him and I first got together. He had read a lot about past life regression and the main authors of that type of work.

People here would tell me I was being too fussy. It is not like I was after the perfect relationship, I just wanted something that fit well and felt really compelling. The person you meet and cannot wait to receive a text from. When you date, there is a lot of texts from people you are meh about. You always hang on for the text from the person you WANT to hear from why a myriad of texts come in from the people you DON'T feel excited about....

Well, I guess he was the one I DID want to hear from. For once the person I DID most wish to hear from, wanted me back in the same way I wanted them. Plus we had a deeper connection beyond the initial rush that was comfortable and loving and a sure thing rather than "does he/doesn't he like me as much as I like him". I feel very lucky, despite the relationship having had more issues than most self respective women would put up with (on both ends though not just from his end, I am not picnic either). But it has come good thankfully. I guess I picked passion over compatibility if you had to choose. Except we do still have the same life goals and a lot in common too.

I only recently looked into past life connections as twin flames and soul mates just wasn't something I resonated with. My research into past lives explains a lot about me and my desires for relationships. I am glad I went with what I wanted, rather than what people told me I should want.

• Author

Did you and this person you were lovers with in a past life, end up together?

There is a lot of talk of past life connections not being supposed to last a lifetime..... they re apparently "karmic" and are only here for a set shelf life. Once the lessons are completed, you are supposed to part ways, and be ready for your next partner.

I did not believe in past lives until my youngest (now 23) was about 2 years old. She spoke very early. It started with her telling my then-husband "When I was a father, I did not yell at my babies like you do." From there, we heard stories about how she was an elderly Jewish man who lived in a flat in New York City. She apparently wore a fedora and smoked cigars. She would tell me these detailed stories about how she would walk to the corner store to pick up fruits and vegetables for her wife to cook dishes I had never heard of. I kept explaining it away, thinking she must have seen something on TV.

That is the only reference I have in regards to past lives. About 20 years later, I still don't know what to think. I kind of like that theory that we keep coming back until we "get it right", but that may just be a desire not to have a true end of life.

• 3 months later...
major_merrick

I don't really believe in past lives. My faith tells me that "It is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement." I suspect that a lot of what people consider to be visions of their past lives is some sort of genetic memory. However, I have a strong feeling that my husband and I have been or will be connected somehow outside this life. Like we were intended to be siblings but ended up in different families. He's my brother just as much as he is my husband. "What is the first article of faith? This is not all that we are."

..., just pointing out that Chico Marx died almost exactly 9 months before I was born.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:. No worries, GT...to my understanding there is an average of 1500 to 1800 years in-between incarnations...but can be as little is 500 years...(in time as measured from Earth).

My husband always says, "It is appointed unto man once to die, and after that the judgement."

That reference is to spiritual death, not physical death; although, granted, that is not made clear in Hebrews 9:27.

Eternal Life being the opposite of spiritual death, "once to die" actually refers to what Revelation 20:14 calls 'the second death'.

We are souls. Souls separate from the body at death and some choose to take on bodies again.

Science can't explain everything.

More and more, science cannot explain anything: They recently discovered "a black hole that shouldn't exist"...based on Einstein's theories. But, since it does exist,

then at least some of Einstein's theories obviously must be wrong.

Also recently, they discovered evidence of an earlier migration of modern humans that left no trace in the DNA of people alive today -

- so, Darwin's theories of evolution also are not based on all of the scientific facts.

My understanding of reincarnation is that, while Souls do transition out of the body upon physical death, it is not entirely up to the Lifestream as to whether (or when) reincarnation will take place.

Various articles on reincarnation and Karma, and on Twin Flames/Soul Mates/People from past lives.

Reincarnation is where I hope we are heading, returning as another human being,

hopefully that is what happens to us