Anyone ever feel a timeless spiritual connection

One of the other threads made me think of this. I'll be very sad when any of my exes pass.

I actually had a psychic event in the nineties when my old flame got shot and nearly died. Hadn't seen him or even thought about him in years and all of a sudden, all day I was bombarded with every memory about him. I thought it meant he was dead. It was only a few years later, I found his resume on the internet and emailed just to see what would happen. He was alive. Then as we began talking, I found out about his near-death experience. He said his life in our home state flashed before him and he thought he was dead but someone got him to the hospital and that's the next thing he knew.

I always had lots of dreams about him decades ago, but not anymore. Last night I had a dream about him and it was short and weird, and I wonder about its meaning. I was sitting somewhere like a restaurant, at a table. A woman came up and told me, (fake name) Chase is almost here, but you'll have to open the opium ball. [no idea what an opium ball represents] So an object was then on the table that was wrapped heavily in many layers of muslin, so I unwrapped it. Then instantly he was at the door some distance away, as he looked 15 years ago, older and beard and all. And then suddenly his young face from the '70s was right over my left shoulder in profile. And I felt his essence.

And that was it. Now I wonder if this weird dream means he passed. I feel like I had to open the opium ball to help him pass. Like my spirit helped him pass or something.

I always felt I went back centuries with him and that we'd had better times together. After I first met him in the early '70s, I had what can only be called daytime visions of a past time that he and I were in. I documented my dreams back then and there were a lot I didn't understand. I wish I'd documented the visions, but I wrote them off as fantasies. Some dreams really stood out though and seemed significant. One I just had the perspective of being behind a couple from real old times, long dresses, etc. going back centuries, and I knew that was supposed to be us and we were going through these gates to a house in a field to announce our engagement.

Another, we were in Rome or somewhere by a fountain. But it had modern elements.

Do any of you feel an inexplicable spiritual connection to someone that seems to go back in time as well?

• Like 1
See-Me-Feel-Me

I wish. I'm a confirmed atheist but I have a strong sense of worth and purpose and love that other people do too. But so far, I haven't had the bonding I crave. I lived with someone for five years and felt close to her but found out she lied to me about some serious stuff--like telling me her son's father was dead and killed in this romantic kind of way when he was freaking alive all along. It made me start wondering about all those times I freely let her use my car and never asked where she had been. I trusted her implicitly and then she blurted out this truth without remembering that fable she told. When we broke up, she cheated on her new guy with me. So, my faith in her as trustworthy has crumbled--even though I love the memory of us when things were good. She is still in my dreams decades later.

• Author

She sounds kind of crazy. Well, this old flame business was never a huge romance, but we had some sort of different type connection and then I had all this kind of psychic stuff going on with him intermittently. He doesn't. It's me. I told him about it.

You know, sounds like you have big love inside you and no good place to aim it yet. I have often felt the same throughout my life. Not everyone can even handle it much less deserve it. It's kind of sad, isn't it?

• Like 2
See-Me-Feel-Me
She sounds kind of crazy. Well, this old flame business was never a huge romance, but we had some sort of different type connection and then I had all this kind of psychic stuff going on with him intermittently. He doesn't. It's me. I told him about it.

You know, sounds like you have big love inside you and no good place to aim it yet. I have often felt the same throughout my life. Not everyone can even handle it much less deserve it. It's kind of sad, isn't it?

Yes, it is. :(

• Like 1

I believe that certain people are connected to others in ways the rest of us can't process. If you are such a person, go with what you are feeling.

For now, I'd google the person your dream was about. See if he's still on this mortal plane.

• Like 2

Hi!!

I truly believe that we are all one and there is no separation between our energetic fields. If we have a close energetic connection, we will carry that in our spirit level no matter the distance.

I had a similar experience. 3 years ago, I fell to my kitchen floor and started bawling. Physically I was ok, but it felt as if my whole soul was being crushed. I couldn’t move for hours. It wasn’t until the next day I found out my friend was killed.

I have heard of many other people describe the exact same experience. You have heightened psychic abilities. I also think you should reach out to your friend. Everything has meaning.

Wishing you a beautiful day.

• Like 1
  • Author

Yes I will have to check the news on him. I'm not in contact with him anymore. I just hope he died in the US so I'll be able to find something. I guess I'm putting it off. Or waiting for something else to happen.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

• Like 1
  • Author

Well, I did a preliminary Google, and it doesn't look like he's dead, but I'll have to specifically search for obituaries to know for sure. So what it looks like is that he has finally published the book I edited for him about 15 years ago! So I hope that means he's okay. He is getting up in years. I guess I better go order one even though I have the typewritten transcript.

• 1 month later...
I truly believe that we are all one and there is no separation between our energetic fields.

We are all one in the sense that we all are from The One Source, yes; but, we are also individualizations, or different Lifestreams ('streams of consciousness'), of that One Source.

When there are karmic connections, (a number of the articles on that page deals with those), that is what allows us to feel closer to some people than to others.

In the cases of when we are (metaphysically) made to be aware of when they are suffering/experiencing a trauma, it is not necessarily any longer a positive connection;

it could be heralding, for us (but not necessarily also for the other person), that it's something that we need to deal with, let go and transcend.

One of my exBFs and I were so connected that we both had the same dream one night. We weren’t even in the same bed, he was home and I was here.

I know when he’s on my street before he drives past. I also know when my exH drives past my house but that’s mostly because he’s on a Harley. I really don’t want to share any connection with that person.

Years and years ago my grandmother had a dream that the “baby was wet”. She called my Aunt because she thought her little baby needed to be changed. Come to find out it was the night my brother died. He drowned.

• Like 1

Years and years ago my grandmother had a dream that the “baby was wet”. She called my Aunt because she thought her little baby needed to be changed. Come to find out it was the night my brother died. He drowned.

That's amazing and amazingly creepy...

My grandmother also had a dream about it the night my sister died...

Another dream she had was that she is talking to her late mother. She was telling her it is time for two of them to reconnect. She died unexpectedly from heart attack only 2 days after that.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My ex and l had something l still don't understand.

You know , l can understand it say when l was married 20yrs and we were already very connected from the day we met and through all those years and life all that quadruples.

That l get.

But this thing with someone else , people wouldn't even believe most of it so l'll just mention a few small everyday things.

lt was long distance, the other side of the world and not only but of course our days and nights were opposite.

She could wake me up , ask me or talk to me and l would. l could same with her. We did it dozens and dozens of times.

l could be at work l work at home , suddenly drop everything , go inside, make a coffee, sit down comfortable , pick up the phone ready , it rings 15 seconds later and be her, same dozens and dozens of times.

Same with messages but some really bizarre things happened with those.

We might not of talked all day or her night, or she'd be flying, whatever.

We'd sit down at the exact second and write an exact sentence to each other and send.

Messages would literally pass each other like cars on a road, land on hers and mine together. That happened 100s if times,

ln the exact same way we drew the same picture quite a few times , impossible and not only but with some odd feature on both too like a rose with a heart hanging from a leaf we'd both drawn a few days before.

There was 100s and 100s of things, much weirder and bigger than those they were only little but still impossibles . l've never in my life not even in my marriage seen or had anything like this.

The weirdest thing is though , we couldn't work it out, we visited for a long time but the moving and all , was too much.

We still feel each other now it's been a few years. l know when she's sad or l only or when l'll hear from her and usually her me,

l know when it's just too much and we're both upset and her me. We'll never forget each other the rest of our lives , we know that.

But why did this happen and how could it've happened and from the other side of the world, yet we couldn't make it work.

l'll just never understand why it was,what was the point of us meeting and being this crazy bizarre thing , if it lead to nowhere.

Edited by chillii
  • Like 2

She says maybe it happened to help us both get over our marriages and show us we will love again, give us new hope again.

But l dunno , even though it did do all that , it was way way way too extreme to just be about that.

• Like 1
what was the point of us meeting and being this crazy bizarre thing , if it lead to nowhere.

Well...it didn't lead you, individually, to "nowhere"; it's got you to pondering, and questioning 'how and why', or the 'metaphysical science' behind how it can happen and why it would happen.

Since you've personally experienced all these 'psychic' or 'metaphysical' communications, you at least know that it is possible. But, the problem is that material science cannot, and therefore will not,

explain it. But, since it happened to you, of course there must be a valid, reasonable, rational explanation for at least how it happens, even if not for the 'why' of it.

A lot of people are hesitant, reluctant or afraid to look beyond material science for answers to the questions that their real-life experiences sort of 'force' them to ask...but,

staying hesitant just means keeping oneself always asking and always being at a loss for or ignorant of any valid or meaningful answers.

Other than going 'outside of the box', you might just have to satisfy yourself that, unfortunately, you won't be able to get any satisfactory answers.

This article, The strangle link between the human mind and quantum physics, will be considered 'outside the box' by some, even some material scientists, but,

it might also spark a different perspective or questioning in a different way.

Wishing you the best; hope you find answers that make perfect sense to you, as reasonable and rational explanations for your experiences.

• Author
She says maybe it happened to help us both get over our marriages and show us we will love again, give us new hope again.

But l dunno , even though it did do all that , it was way way way too extreme to just be about that.

You had a psychic connection with her. I've had it one-way with an old flame (subject of this post) and I've had it with my old college roommate, nonamourous, just always right there, you know. Sadly, that special connection she and I had, something happened after she married and had kids and she just forced me out of her life, and she died young. I don't know, but I still dream about her and I saw someone in the store who dressed like her and could have been her older and on meth (too thin). She haunts me. She did have some inherited mental health issues and I think those must have gotten worse. I did see some erratic changes before we stopped seeing each other.

With her, it was like we were on the same wavelength. With him, I had what I didn't realize back then were likely past-life memories.

I worked with a guy I fell in love with prior to working together and had a sad bitter breakup when he and my roommate/old friend slept together just for no good reason. I worked with him for 10 years. He is not a "heady" guy. He would scoff at any notion that he had any psychic abilities, but there was so much weird energy because of the situation that it was a difficult experience I think for both of us.

I do live in my head a lot and I have to suppress myself in office situations unlike some people who are more modulated, I guess. I have this small entry in my journal:

Precedent to his passage, I was explaining that I was in a dense funk, meaning kind of withdrawn and inward that day.

"(The ex) came in and took my hole puncher and exited the room. When time came that I needed it, I sat in my denseness and held the paper up while in my mind I was telling him I needed my hole puncher, and he appeared promptly through the closed door, eyes full of amazement. I said, 'It’s easier than getting up.' He said, 'Next time you need me, just think.' Well, he may become a believer yet, but he still ignores all the good stuff."

He totally heard me. And this was such a nothing little thing, no possible meaning to it.

I do think sometimes there is definitely a reason and sometimes it is just random, but that it is real. If nothing else, it lets us know that there is something more than we understand and keeps our minds open.

• Like 1

Yeah see things like that would happen with us too she'd bring in the hole punch, or l would, just supposing it was that. But we wouldn't be trying to send for each other like you did that time, with us we'd be just more thinking say , where's that damn hole punch , and one would walk in with it so to speak.

But you see , didn't you wonder why you had this thing with him , and yet you weren't to be together ? why even find this incredible thing with someone, yet not be together ?

But funny ronnie , yaknow , it's not the science of it all l cared about , l actually don't like science trying to prove love or chemicals or connections or bla bla to me all that's a no brainer and way way too special to have any place in something like science.

With us , the way we met , the timing , both of our marriage break ups and then not only all these bizarre things between us, but an insane attraction we both knew about before we even sent our pics , met in a divorce forum we were both in, the way we got along and felt each other, the whole thing.

There was much much more stuff.

But the thing as to why , what l mean is we just couldn't make it work , yet it all happened and was as if we were just meant to be she was sent to me and me to her. l'd even thought my parents may have done it , both had passed a few years earlier.

But why , if we couldn't even be together in the end anyway , yaknow.

She found a lot of writings about all kinds of this stuff some of it 1000s of years old .

Even in ancient times the believed and wrote about twin souls for example.

My biggest fear since with us is that we'll reconnect sometime later, give into it. In 10 years time or when we're both old, and we;d have just wasted all these years and the life we could've had together .

l do feel one thing , that is was the mistake of our lives that we didn't find a way to be together.

Edited by chillii
  • Like 1
  • Author

Listen, I feel you. Now me and the ex couldn't be together because he wanted kids and I wasn't budging from my great career and wasn't domestic at that time. But then also the big hurt from the careless thing he did ,and then that wasn't the end of it. He hurt me again about my career, long story.

I stayed away from him entirely really mad at him for 10 years, but it was hurting me, not him, and now we keep in touch but only occasionally see each other. He's married, and that's fine. I do not think I could live his lifestyle still, but for different reasons now.

But the old flame, the one I had what seemed like past-life visions about and knew when something happened to him, now he's not thinking about me at all, but I just think it's a connection from a past life now and accept it. Never had so many signs and freakish things as with him. And we were never boyfriend/girlfriend and never hung out except out at clubs or overrnight, but nonetheless I know he had some connection to me too because he would tell me stuff he doesn't tell anyone. It makes no sense. But he's still a thrilling chapter from my life. He even did this one thing that was like from a different time: He would always kiss my hand when we saw each other. And that started a couple years after when I first met him and started having the vision type things. It was like some part of him knew.

It is frustrating. You know what I think Chili? I think we have a physical world and a spirit world and these people are in both but are more sustainable in our spirit world than in the harsh light of day.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
quote removed
But funny ronnie , yaknow , it's not the science of it all l cared about , l actually don't like science trying to prove love <snip> way too special to have any place in something like science.

Ah, okay...if I'm reading you right, you'd rather have it be all 'woo-woo'; magic or 'miracles', and mysterious agents and forces at work, and 'Fate' and 'Destiny'.

All the stuff that traditional Christians 'accept on faith', and against which agnostics resist, and which atheists abhor.

The concept of 'Twin Souls' or 'Twin Flames' very much has its roots in even more ancient spiritual/religious teachings, which, in any case you have said you prefer over science.

Thus, this article might be of interest, A non-linear view of Twin Flames; and, if it feels right for you, you can search the site for other related articles.

So you don't think it would've worked anyway then paragh ? Sorry to hear he'd hurt you that way.

But it makes it even more annoying to me then , so why the Gods even present you to each other then , for just a teaser , are they having a joke on us or what.

So you would've had a completely different life then , if you did go with him.

With mine l know how it sounds but l honestly did wonder if my parents sent her to me. It was the lowest point in my life beforehand.

lf they did they'll be pissed off with that we didn't make it work.

Weird how there was the family thing for you two.

You know what eventually stopped us, her 2 cats.

Yep , 2 bloody cats. She worked in the airlines and our flights were across the world and she'd seen many pets lost on trips like that.

l couldn't ask her to risk it , even though l felt like slipping the cats a mickey and then that'd be that :bunny:. No more cats to worry about , there. But l couldn't do that they were too special too her and had helped her through her divorce.

Well , they're both still only 7 now, so it'll be a long wait.

You might hear from him divorced later , and l might hear from her when the damn cats croke right.

How come you never got together with the other one paragh? Get the feeling that might've been one of those silly blocking, fear, situations where you should've just been together.

He felt it kissing your hand like that, he probably had no idea where that came from.

l drew a roman soldier one day and sent it too her. She told me she'd had a dream 2weeks before that she was a roman soldier. l mean , you know. We had so many weird things like him kissing your hand.

Edited by chillii
  • Like 1
The concept of 'Twin Souls' or 'Twin Flames' very much has its roots in even more ancient spiritual/religious teachings, which, in any case you have said you prefer over science.

Thus, this article might be of interest, A non-linear view of Twin Flames; and, if it feels right for you, you can search the site for other related articles.

Thanks for that ronnie l'll check it out.

But ahh funny , but nah it's not that l'd rather anything , l just think science has no place in this stuff. You know , trying to scientifically prove love and emotions and chemicals and bla bla, makes me kinda sick tbh.

Although l shouldn't even be talking about it all now anyway , we're suppose to be moved on.

, trying to scientifically prove love and emotions and chemicals and bla bla, makes me kinda sick tbh.

Well...sure. But. What if you only right now *think* that you're trying to prove 'love and emotions', (chemicals are CLEARLY scientific!)?

What if what happened to you had/has nothing at all to do with with 'love and emotions', or, at least, not exclusively?

And, if it wasn't 'science' or should not be able to be proven 'scientifically', then was it God? Religion? Spirituality? How many options do you see that you have, to try to explain it, outside of science?

• Author

^ Chili, answering what you said in the first paragraph. I guess with the ex, it was a connection because we were on very similar career paths. Our paths crisscrossed for years because of career. So I used to see it as the husband I was supposed to have, for a little while, subconsciously, mostly, but then one day I realized I've always been on my own path and that I'm doing what is just more me. Our connection was at first we had the same favorite and little known, at the time, band, then we were just on parallel career paths. So we did have a path in the real world and still do. Now we like to talk about, still, music, and also gossip about people we have known from the past, because we both miss the old record business world and record store world and all those adventures we both had both together and separately, and it's kind of like two old high school football buddies getting together to relive memories -- and that's perfectly fine with me now.

Well, on the hand kisser, God knows I tried, but here's the thing. This guy was way out of my league lookswise. I was a little hippie chick with a flat chest at the time. He wasn't shallow about looks though. His couple of women I did see, neither was really what you'd call hot, but he had a type, which was kind of like his mom, I think, passive, sweet -- and that wasn't me. I was kind of an explorer like him. And the physical real world effect he had on me is he was the first person I met who totally recreated himself, and I was destined to do that myself. He just became who he wanted to be. He had an image to maintain, all that. I loved that. I told him all this after we were both getting old. He liked that. He had a weird childhood, an immune disease, not expected to live, a weak boy. This is in the 50s/60s. It was sink or swim. He unexpectedly lived and turned into an excellent specimen and all of a sudden he had this beautiful body and face and hair and didn't have the strength to go with it, so he, as they say today, did extra and morphed into who he wanted to be.

He never really settled down. He did ask me once if I'd ever want to live in Saudi Arabia (he would work all over the world), and I said, Nah, 140 degree weather wasn't for me, and wasn't comfortable as a woman to be there.

Our paths weren't the same, but our adventurous spirits were similar and how we both recreated ourselves.

That is such an eerie story about the drawing. I totally believe it. You just had that connection. I recorded my dreams for 7 years, so I take all that seriously. Have you ever read Carl Jung "Memories, Dreams, Reflections"? He talks about synchronicity and how his life was full of what they now call Jungian events. Now, his synchronicity speil gets too complicated for me, but it's still a fascinating book for those type of events that happen.

It's too bad about the cats, but that's where her heart was. I put my pets first too. But like you, I find it puzzling and frustrating when all signs point to this amazing connection but then you can't find a way to make it work in the physical plane.

• Like 1
Well...sure. But. What if you only right now *think* that you're trying to prove 'love and emotions', (chemicals are CLEARLY scientific!)?

What if what happened to you had/has nothing at all to do with with 'love and emotions', or, at least, not exclusively?

And, if it wasn't 'science' or should not be able to be proven 'scientifically', then was it God? Religion? Spirituality? How many options do you see that you have, to try to explain it, outside of science?

Well thing is , what l meant in why and how could it happen , wasn't as much about this thing between us , that can happen in extreme when the thing between you is extreme .

Once or twice in life , anyone may meet this someone where the connection is extreme.

We meet people on all kinds of levels through life that's only natural.

Admittedly the way met was also very freaky but that's gonna happen too especially now days with the internet .

The part l don't get , is more so why did it happen if it just didn't work out anyway, what was the point.

Well , it did save us both from where we'd both just been and her cats saved her too.

But was that the only reason we met but only to then go on our way anyway. Nope, can't see it , that doesn't make sense. Really , meeting any happy fun fling could've done that for us, it didn't have to be extreme.

l think it happened because it was literally a gift and second chance and we were meant to make it work.

• Like 1
^ Chili, answering what you said in the first paragraph. I guess with the ex, it was a connection because we were on very similar career paths. Our paths crisscrossed for years because of career. So I used to see it as the husband I was supposed to have, for a little while, subconsciously, mostly, but then one day I realized I've always been on my own path and that I'm doing what is just more me. Our connection was at first we had the same favorite and little known, at the time, band, then we were just on parallel career paths. So we did have a path in the real world and still do. Now we like to talk about, still, music, and also gossip about people we have known from the past, because we both miss the old record business world and record store world and all those adventures we both had both together and separately, and it's kind of like two old high school football buddies getting together to relive memories -- and that's perfectly fine with me now. {snip}

Yeah right .

Last we talked it was just sad , that this thing could just end up like your football buddy type thing. That certainly was not the way is was meant to end up between us and we just stopped talking . l know why and l think if we're not gonna be together then that's the only way it can be.

l get his image thing , l was in the arts for a long time and the image and lifestyle lead of the artist was always a thing .

l was glad to get out of it in the end and back to just being anyone else on the street so to speak. Have heard some rock stars talk about all that too , like Bono, few others. Felt they couldn't be the image.

Yeah the drawing thing you know l mean l get it l get how it use to happen , it was just like everything else , we we just in each others heads, even from the other side of the world when we weren't together.

But that soldier l'd never ever had any inclination to do and we worked out the picture came into my head two days after she her dream and l did it about a week after and showed her 2 wks after.

We did a lot of drawings from each others head.

Thanks for the name l'll take a look. Although if it was too deep for you then it'll def' be too into it for me , but l'll skim haha.

Wonder what life would've been if you did go to Saudi , it could've turned into anything , hot as hell that's for sure haha.

quote edited
  • 4 weeks later...
Youngestdaughter

I had a couple of minor psychic events: a friend in a fight, an ex in a car accident. I just saw it and they told me that was exactly how it happened. But the biggest one was the night my ex died. I had a dream I ran into him and he gave me a hug. Two days later, I found out he died in his sleep the night of my dream. We always had a psychic connection and I have no doubt he stopped to give me a hug on his way to the other side.

On another occasion, I was driving on a dark, scary road I hated. Then, one time I looked in the rearview mirror and saw my dead Grandfather. I was never scared again. I don't know about past lives. I'm a person of faith, but I don't believe God is a benevolent elderly man in the sky or the devil is a monster with a pitch fork. They are positive and negative energy. People are also energy. And science tells us energy never dies. It just changes forms.

So, I have no doubt your ex could be communicating to you from the beyond. I do, however, find it hard to believe it's your responsibility to help him to the other side. When my favorite cousin died @44, I researched experiences of people who had flat lines and come back obsessively for weeks. With a few exceptions, there was the white light at the end of the tunnel with dead loved ones telling them it wasn't their time. They had to go back. And a lot of people didn't recognize family members until they came back and were told about them. So it wasn't memories. I think he had or has a time to go.

I believe you have a psychic connection. But again, I don't think it's on you to get him there. Did I read it wrong or do you not even know he's passed? I'd find out. If he is and you believe you need to help him cross, psychic Sylvia Browne says to light a white candle and tell him to go into the light. If he's alive, he could just be sending you vibes. My ex and I did that to. Hope this helps.

• Like 1