Could the Big Bang be God's Death?

Just a thought.

I've been watching the never-ending debates on is there a God or did the nothing create something.

It's all so confusing.

IMHO nothing couldn't create something so a creative designer must have existed but what exactly that designer was I don't know.

Perhaps we are alive because this force greater than us died?

What greater force created god, then? If god always existed, then perhaps the universe always existed in some form, the one we see that resulted from the big bang being just the latest - or just the one we happen to live in.

• Like 1
  • Author
What greater force created god, then? If god always existed, then perhaps the universe always existed in some form, the one we see that resulted from the big bang being just the latest - or just the one we happen to live in.

True enough.

"God" and "death", at least in the way that we define these terms, are very Earth-centric (and, in fact anthropocentric) perceptions. I wouldn't be surprised if neither of them were what we thought they were, on a universal scale.

As for how/why the big bang occurred, there are plenty of interesting hypotheses out there. FTR, the big bang theory doesn't ACTUALLY propose the "origin" of our universe per se, but rather the state of our universe at a certain point in time. This is a good writeup to start with - https://www.cfa.harvard.edu/seuforum/faq.htm#m12

Regarding the actual ORIGIN of the universe, I find Michio Kaku's hypothesis most intriguing: Hyperspace and a Theory of Everything : Official Website of Dr. Michio Kaku

• Like 2

Creative design...

Intelligent design.

Do me a `lemon`

An intelligent or creative design would be eating without needing to evacuate.

Or teeth made from steel.

If there is a God or something (named Keith)

Then we were made with leftovers.

And then he or she, ghosted.

Bit like Fiona Taylor from my old 6th form college.

• Author
Creative design...

Intelligent design.

Do me a `lemon`

An intelligent or creative design would be eating without needing to evacuate.

Or teeth made from steel.

If there is a God or something (named Keith)

Then we were made with leftovers.

And then he or she, ghosted.

Bit like Fiona Taylor from my old 6th form college.

There is definitely a creative designer and that entity is either dead or unaware of human suffering. It seems to be the only plausible explanation.

There is definitely a creative designer and that entity is either dead or unaware of human suffering. It seems to be the only plausible explanation.

So you have inside info? Please share.

Plausible....

As much as England winning the World cup in Qatar.

But if they do? Maybe some deity did look at the betting odds and thought,

`Worth a punt`

I have no problem with faith. And that`s about having no proof.

Which is the point of faith.

Which i have no issue with, (Ask my Mum) Actually don`t.

A solid church goer who see`s no reason to read the bible or whatever.

But that`s faith. I suppose.

• Like 1

I know you're all going to laugh at me for expressing what you will probably consider a ridiculous idea. But I feel compelled to do so, nevertheless. :)

I think what we recognize as 'time' started with the motion created by the so-called big bang.

I think the big bang was the end result of the war in Heaven that resulted in Lucifer and his followers being cast out due to the sin of pride.

I think the fallen ones existed on Earth in a time before Adam and Eve were created. They did everything in their evil power to prevent the first coming of Christ. And their evil spawn, the Nephilim, along with their many and varied mortal minions are attempting to thwart the second coming of Christ as well.

Their vile efforts will again fail, of course. ;)

• Like 2

perhaps our universe is just one atom in another universe and that universe is just one atom in another universe, and so on...

• Like 1
  • Author
I know you're all going to laugh at me for expressing what you will probably consider a ridiculous idea. But I feel compelled to do so, nevertheless. :)

I think what we recognize as 'time' started with the motion created by the so-called big bang.

I think the big bang was the end result of the war in Heaven that resulted in Lucifer and his followers being cast out due to the sin of pride.

I think the fallen ones existed on Earth in a time before Adam and Eve were created. They did everything in their evil power to prevent the first coming of Christ. And their evil spawn, the Nephilim, along with their many and varied mortal minions are attempting to thwart the second coming of Christ as well.

Their vile efforts will again fail, of course. ;)

I'm not going to laugh at you but I don't agree with your theory.

perhaps our universe is just one atom in another universe and that universe is just one atom in another universe, and so on...

Probably, but who designed this masterpiece?

Perhaps we are alive because this force greater than us died?

I suppose anything is possible but this doesn't sound right to me. If the Big Bang destroyed God, then how to you explain Jesus or his death on the Cross.

The Big Bang was the beginning of God creating the Universe. It's not the rapture or the end of the world. That is the Second Coming.

And, no I can't explain it. It's something that I take on faith

• Like 1
  • Author
If the Big Bang destroyed God, then how to you explain Jesus or his death on the Cross.

A nice Jewish man became the first hippy; backpacking while preaching peace and love. A bunch of bullies beat him up.

That's my explanation.

A nice Jewish man became the first hippy; backpacking while preaching peace and love. A bunch of bullies beat him up.

That's my explanation.

Whilst knocking out some lovely furniture.

• Like 1
Romantic_Antics

Here's an article I found that ties the religious and scientific aspects of The Big Bang together: Does the Big Bang breakthrough offer proof of God? ? CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Speaking of the creation of the universe and "together", I recently wrote a poem for my girlfriend about our relationship as Twin Flames that puts an interesting spin on love, God, and creation. I was briefly tempted to share it, but it wouldn't add much to the discussion. This discussion and some of the creative theories that have been proposed made me think of it, however.

To answer the OP's question:

If you believe in God, or even the possibility of God, enough to suggest that The Big Bang could represent His death then you would know that the theory is not a plausible one. There are far too many acts of God, including the rest of creation, that occur after the inception of "the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1) for the theory to have any plausibility beyond vague and problematic atheistic conjecture and speculation.

Edited by Romantic_Antics
  • Author
Here's an article I found that ties the religious and scientific aspects of The Big Bang together: Does the Big Bang breakthrough offer proof of God? ? CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Speaking of the creation of the universe and "together", I recently wrote a poem for my girlfriend about our relationship as Twin Flames that puts an interesting spin on love, God, and creation. I was briefly tempted to share it, but it wouldn't add much to the discussion. This discussion and some of the creative theories that have been proposed made me think of it, however.

To answer the OP's question:

If you believe in God, or even the possibility of God, enough to suggest that The Big Bang could represent His death then you would know that the theory is not a plausible one. There are far too many acts of God, including the rest of creation, that occur after the inception of "the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1) for the theory to have any plausibility beyond vague and problematic atheistic conjecture and speculation.

It was a brief thought. If God is this super energy then perhaps the transition of a changing state of this supernatural being might create a universe.

And that is what I believe that God is: A different type of energy; one that I cannot understand and it is this that created something from nothing.

After something was created there seems to be more proof of evil than good. Nature is beautiful but too brutal and unfair to be monitored by a morality God.

Nature is beautiful but too brutal and unfair to be monitored by a morality God.

'A morality God.'

I will seem cold, but I am astounded often by the arrogance of 'humanity.'

How about we are 'nature' and there isn't anything brutal about nature taking it's course....including our 'oh my' selves.

It's not to say that we are not connected and could connect on a deeper level, but it's always about 'us.'

Which is the first mistake.

• Like 1
  • Author
'A morality God.'

I will seem cold, but I am astounded often by the arrogance of 'humanity.'

How about we are 'nature' and there isn't anything brutal about nature taking it's course....including our 'oh my' selves.

It's not to say that we are not connected and could connect on a deeper level, but it's always about 'us.'

Which is the first mistake.

Actually, I was thinking about nature on a broader scale in the wild animals are constantly hunting and eating each other.

I know. You don't think we don't do the same, lol? Isn't the fact that we behave as animals and God must be dead for this behavior to exist...the crux of your OP?

In any case, I believe there is God and lot's of stuff that we can't 'see' or intellectually comprehend. God isn't dead, we are dumb. Imo.

• Like 2
Justanaverageguy

Your thinking about the universe as something external and separate to the creator. The way a human might design a car. Here is the car - over there is the man who created it. But what if with God - the creative designer and the design itself are actually one ?

The universe itself "is" God. Not something separate from him. It is his energetic \ spiritual body. Looking at it this way if the big bang was anything it was a birth .... not a death :)

You are like a cell living inside of a greater living body. At your scale you can't recognize that the universe you are living in is a larger living sentient thing. That you are part of god - a very small cell within him. All the pain, the sadness and also the happiness and joy you feel. All of your actions contribute to the energy state of that greater being just as the individual cells in our own body do with us.

It is a concept many religions attempt to teach via the "tree of life" metaphor. I am the vine ..... you are the branches ;) Connected energetically - one in being - not separate from.

I always found Eschers drawing hands to be how I think of Gods method of creation. He draws himself into existence and grows himself .... by adding more smaller parts. You and me :) Growth through recursion by creating miniture versions of himself (made in his image) inside of himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawing_Hands

Edited by Justanaverageguy
  • Like 2
  • Author
Your thinking about the universe as something external and separate to the creator. The way a human might design a car. Here is the car - over there is the man who created it. But what if with God - the creative designer and the design itself are actually one ?

The universe itself "is" God. Not something separate from him. It is his energetic \ spiritual body. Looking at it this way if the big bang was anything it was a birth .... not a death :)

You are like a cell living inside of a greater living body. At your scale you can't recognize that the universe you are living in is a larger living sentient thing. That you are part of god - a very small cell within him. All the pain, the sadness and also the happiness and joy you feel. All of your actions contribute to the energy state of that greater being just as the individual cells in our own body do with us.

It is a concept many religions attempt to teach via the "tree of life" metaphor. I am the vine ..... you are the branches ;) Connected energetically - one in being - not separate from.

I always found Eschers drawing hands to be how I think of Gods method of creation. He draws himself into existence and grows himself .... by adding more smaller parts. You and me :) Growth through recursion by creating miniture versions of himself (made in his image) inside of himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawing_Hands

That could be it. It sounds reasonable. An energy like that wouldn't care about morality. it would function like a machine without emotion.

• Like 1
Justanaverageguy
That could be it. It sounds reasonable. An energy like that wouldn't care about morality. it would function like a machine without emotion.

Hmmm under the model I described - its more like a recursive living system. Not a robot - more like your own living body. It is a microcosm that describes the way the larger macrocosm works. So not a machine without emotions - without life. Rather everything we the smaller living parts feel and do - is also experienced and effects the larger living system. Just like how the actions of the billons of smaller cells effect your overall body.

And do you care about the way the cells in your body behave ? You do right. Because if you have cells "behaving badly" - say cancer - those smaller cells effect the health and well being of other cells around them and thus also the overall body. They can damage and destroy it. But if they are healthy and operating in a productive manner then the body is also healthy and operates to its optimum. A living body has rules - a morality - about how cells should behave :)

I think the same applies to the level we exist at. It is about finding that harmonious balanced way of behaving that benefits not just me - but also those around me - and those around them and the environment so then my life and actions are also benefiting the larger overall living system - God - as a whole. An energy that operates like that - well it would actually care very very deeply about morality ..... because the actions of the smaller living things within it - effect its overall health and well being.

In this model - Not only is God aware of human suffering - He also shares in it and feels this suffering directly just as you would when the cells in your body suffer. In the Christian tradition this is what the "cross" symbolizes. The burden - the great pain - God carries due to our wrong actions which result in suffering.

Mat 25:40 "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you have done it unto me."

• Author
Because if you have cells "behaving badly" - say cancer - those smaller cells effect the health and well being of other cells around them and thus also the overall body. They can damage and destroy it. But if they are healthy and operating in a productive manner then the body is also healthy and operates to its optimum. A living body has rules - a morality - about how cells should behave :)

[/i]

If that were true then the world would be balanced which it certainly isn't.

• Author

Also, what kind of moral god would create dinosaurs just to kill them with a rock?

Justanaverageguy

Is your body always perfectly balanced ? ..... or does it get sick from time to time ? Does it go through cycles healthy and unhealthy. Fit and unfit. Strong and weak. Too much of one type of bacteria. A fungal infection. Viruses etc etc

This is the nature of living organism and living systems. They are not static - they are not always perfect - and neither is their surroundings. They fluctuate and are effected by many different outside influences - some of them very negative - and have to adapt and change learn and grow as the conditions change. The healthier the system is and the more harmoniously it works together - the better they are able to cope with these changes or negative influences.

This is life.