Scripture Of The Day Thread

pureinheart

What is your Scripture today? Is there an area of change needed in your life? Healing? Is there something in particular that you've been dealing with and just haven't been able to gain any (or little) victory? Just want to praise God and thank Him through Scripture?

2nd Timothy 1:7

For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind.

• Like 6

Psalm 116 1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. 2 Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

• Like 6
  • Author
pureinheart
Psalm 116 1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. 2 Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

Wow, this Scripture applies to what I just went through seconds ago... nothing like complete confirmation eh?!

• Like 4
todreaminblue

JOb 33 :15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;

its hard to believe in dreams because they are dreams.....right?...well i have had a few come true soem bad some good and there should be no reason i wake in disbelief if they are good and wake in belief when they are bad....

this scripture is close to my heart at the moment....

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Like 5
amaysngrace

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 13:34

• Like 5
Romantic_Antics

"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

1 Corinthians 13:13

• Like 4
Romantic_Antics

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."

Isaiah 46:4

Edited by Romantic_Antics
  • Like 5
  • Author
pureinheart

^^^^ all great and comforting Scriptures, I needed to read and absorb each and every one of them tonight...

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

• Like 4

Isaiah 9:6 (NIV)

For to us a child is born,

to us a son is given,

and the government will be on his shoulders.

And he will be called

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Happy weekend everyone!

• Like 5
Romantic_Antics

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11

• Like 3
CautiouslyOptimistic
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11

Love this verse, and I believe it's true.

My favorite verse is Psalms 16:8: "I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."

• Like 2
amaysngrace

I love this one!

Leviticus 19:34

But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

• Like 3
Romantic_Antics

Every day I pray that God grant the gifts of love, health, and happiness to everyone I've ever known and anyone who needs it. It's very rewarding to pray for those who may not even like you anymore and I believe it's why God eventually brought me my soul mate and future wife.

"You have heard it said that you should love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but I say to you Love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you."

Matthew 5:43-44

• Like 2
Justanaverageguy

3 quotes but all on a common theme. Give generously and the lord will do likewise to you:)

Luke 6:38 "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

Luke 11:41 "So clean the inside by giving gifts to the poor, and you will be clean all over."

Proverbs 19:17 "Kindness to the poor is a loan to the LORD, and He will repay the lender."

• Like 2

John 13:2-5 (NIV)

2 The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already prompted Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus. 3 Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; 4 so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. 5 After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

• Like 3
Romantic_Antics

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." - John 15:12

• Like 3

Romans 12:2

2 Do not be conformed to this world,3 but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.4

• Like 3

Romans 8:31-39 (NIV)

More Than Conquerors

31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;

we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[a]

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Edited by skywriter
  • Like 4
todreaminblue

i was given a watch around the gold face is a version of jeremiah 29:11 which romantic antics posted ...

"For I know the plans i have for you" in cursive

I hear it whispered often like a reminder in my head.....when i go through crap or feel really down its a held onto thought that repeats itself.....

the watch is one of my treasured possessions now because when i look at the time wanting minutes to go by fast and not so slowly........it stills my heart to calm.not only do i hear the words i see them when i look at my watch..

the minutes,the minute hand ...the hour hand... are mere stitches in time to all of us...no matter where we are how good or bad we feel or sin or stay pure how flawed or insecure.......god knows who we are and cares.....because of one word and its love ...love for us...and when i feel so unlovable so insecure...so unworthy... god has that love for me on the promise and premise in and on those simple words..........enough to keep my plan alive with hope in my heart.......

we just have to keep trying to follow his ways....the ways of his son.........deb

• Like 3

2 Corinthians 5 (NIV)

Awaiting the New Body

5 For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, 3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. 4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 For we live by faith, not by sight.

• Like 3
todreaminblue
23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

King James Version (KJV)

this was my nannas fave bible verse i guess it is many peoples favoruite verse ....the words are beautiful ...so perfect a verse....that delivers the most special promise and to me is quite hopeful verse written by a prophet ...the hope of goodness and mercy to follow him as he follows the path of righteousness and that he will dwell in the house of the lord forever......as my nanna wanted that too....deb

• Like 3

The Apostles Creed

I believe in GOD the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth;and in Jesus Christ his only son our Lord;who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried;the third day he rose from the dead;he ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.

Amen...

My apologies if I've strayed from the actual thread topic. This is actually what we say as a whole, in our church before we all leave, after the service, we all stand and say this.

We also have a doxology hymn;

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;

Praise Him, all creatures here below;

Praise Him above, ye heavenly host:

Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.

Edited by skywriter
  • Like 3
todreaminblue
The Apostles Creed

I believe in GOD the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth;and in Jesus Christ his only son our Lord;who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried;the third day he rose from the dead;he ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.

Amen...

My apologies if I've strayed from the actual thread topic. This is actually what we say as a whole, in our church before we all leave, after the service, we all stand and say this.

We also have a doxology hymn;

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;

Praise Him, all creatures here below;

Praise Him above, ye heavenly host:

Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.

a beautiful hymn sky writer.....i love the all creatures line...because i believe all spirits human and animal return to their creator.....creatures instead of all humanity.... seals that belief for me.....i am of a different church...but we worship the same heavenly father and son..:0).....we are all sisters.....deb

• Like 3

Luke 11:1-13 (NIV)

Jesus’ Teaching on Prayer

11 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

2 He said to them, “When you pray, say:

“‘Father,[a]

hallowed be your name,

your kingdom come.

3 Give us each day our daily bread.

4 Forgive us our sins,

for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.[c]

And lead us not into temptation.[d]’”

5 Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; 6 a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.’ 7 And suppose the one inside answers, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can’t get up and give you anything.’ 8 I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity[e] he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.

9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for[f] a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

• Like 1