What? No one is talking about September 23 and Planet X????

• Author
The September 22/23 thing comes up literally every year. :) People like to tie things to the equinox when summer changes to fall. Hell even Hollywood pokes fun at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEso5-fQkDU

I guess it's the Halloween effect :) I do find all that numerology and astrological association interesting though. And, this time there are a couple of things lining up that never have before at the same time, but that's happened before too. And, if they keep saying it, they might be right one time . . . by coincidence/odds.

If they're right this time, it's been nice knowing everyone. See you on the other side, I hope ;)

• Author

One thing I find interesting is that scientists are saying that if there is a Planet X which is going to be close enough to hit the earth or affect it so drastically, they'd be seeing by now. My hypothetical argument is that if this is a devine edict/plan, it would happen mysteriously and suddenly I'd imagine. It would happen outside of our ability to comprehend or predict especially since Revelations basically says that.

I think if something does happen, it would be more likely that North Korea or some other rogue nation will blow our stupid asses up. So, it's not really a devine thing, it's a "man" thing. Whatever destruction was foreseen by soothsayers was just the result of seeing destruction by forces that were outside of their ability to comprehend so it would be mysterious to them and attributable in their minds to a devine act. And, they saw that destruction as result of seeing writing on the wall, so to speak -- observing how man kind was becoming so at odds and having wars regularly. I mean, they just saw things escalating and envisioning how much worse things could get. And, way back when, their vision of world destruction was limited to their region. They didn't understand just how big the world actually was. They didn't know the world was round, that there other continents on the other side, etc. Anyway, that's my hypothesis. I do believe in God and the Bible. I'm just not too confident in the interpretations, etc.

Either way, I'm taking it with a grain of salt. It will be what it will be. I can't change it and I'm not too sure I want to if what is promised comes to be.

Edited by Redhead14
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Redhead,

At my brother's funeral I was chatting with my sister in law who is an astrophysicist. At one point I asked her, how's work...no planet x? To which she looked at me and smiled.

The way she smiled at me made me laugh, it was funny and I laughed. There is something, of course. ;)

This thread makes me want to re-watch Deep Impact lol

Jesus was supposed to come back in 1988....then y2K was going to get us....then the Mayan calendar in 2012....

The person I feel most sorry for is John Hagee. He keeps having to make more charts....

This thread makes me want to re-watch Deep Impact lol

Jesus was supposed to come back in 1988....then y2K was going to get us....then the Mayan calendar in 2012....

The person I feel most sorry for is John Hagee. He keeps having to make more charts....

Dr. Hugh Ross took Hagee to school lol (Love Hugh Ross!)

• Author

I have to give some of these people some respect for the fact that they are all about the Bible and their conviction is strong. There's no negative to studying and appreciating the Bible. I get why they do what they do, they are excited and looking forward to Jesus' return. There are some really interesting and powerful associations that suggest that there are supernatural forces at work and certain dates, earthly events and heavenly events line up almost perfectly throughout history. The fact is no one knows. God didn't tell anyone exactly when and that's because he wants people to come to him out of faith and love, not at a last minute plea out of fear and desperation -- although, that's how many people may end up getting there. He's going to give as many people as possible the opportunity to get a grip and understand what's what and why we need to see the consequences of the way we live, etc.

When he gives us a new world, we will understand how to take care of it and realize that there were rules and guidelines for a reason. The next time we won't screw it up :)

Evangelistic discourse done for today :)

Hi Redhead,

At my brother's funeral I was chatting with my sister in law who is an astrophysicist. At one point I asked her, how's work...no planet x? To which she looked at me and smiled.

The way she smiled at me made me laugh, it was funny and I laughed. There is something, of course. ;)

I feel a need to clarify (if only for my own sensibilities) that I have three brothers. The sister in law I refer to is not the widow.

My brother who passed was divorced and his ex wife was unable to attend.

Although there was laughter in remembering my late brother and his antics, laughing about planet x with a widow at a funeral isn't my cup of tea.

Sometimes brevity isn't the best.

It's clickbait. Do not assume anything you read on social media is fact. I find it strange that people will dub sources like the New York Times "fake news" and read some ad a group of Russians purchased on Facebook and not question its veracity. Facebook makes millions facilitating the spread of eUrbanLegends and myths.

I am a man of science. However, I think it is great that people are excited about their religion and want to have a healthy connection with their spirituality. But making random associations and passing those meaningless associations off as fact is troublesome to say the least.

• Author
It's clickbait. Do not assume anything you read on social media is fact. I find it strange that people will dub sources like the New York Times "fake news" and read some ad a group of Russians purchased on Facebook and not question its veracity. Facebook makes millions facilitating the spread of eUrbanLegends and myths.

I am a man of science. However, I think it is great that people are excited about their religion and want to have a healthy connection with their spirituality. But making random associations and passing those meaningless associations off as fact is troublesome to say the least.

But making random associations -- If you look closely and research dates and correlations, you will see some very striking and at least thought provoking stuff. I used to think like you do, but I'm seeing some truly intriguing things. They are on to something. There are a couple people who are passing their findings off as fact. The rest are looking at the data and taking a wait and see position.

In the end, we should just be ready anytime and living our lives well, with faith and hope.

But making random associations -- If you look closely and research dates and correlations, you will see some very striking and at least thought provoking stuff. I used to think like you do, but I'm seeing some truly intriguing things. They are on to something. There are a couple people who are passing their findings off as fact. The rest are looking at the data and taking a wait and see position.

In the end, we should just be ready anytime and living our lives well, with faith and hope.

They are coincidences so, I agree they can seem interesting looking at them in isolation. However, like the astrophysicist in the video clip The Final Word shared stated, it is mathematically inevitable that there will be a concordance of significant events.

David Meade tied a biblical passage in Luke that prophesied a sign will be in the sun, moon, and stars. So he took the August 21, 2017, solar eclipse date and focused on the number 33 because that is how old Jesus was when he died. Then 33 days later there was an unusual celestial arrangement on September 23, 2017, and arrived at his doomsday prophecy.

The problem with this is it is purely coincidence. Solar eclipses occur roughly every 18 months--they are extremely common. This unusual celestial arrange has occurred 4 times in the last 1000 years. In geologic time, a 250-year average is not rare at all. Most importantly, almost any number can have significance in Christianity. Why not use 12 because of the apostles or 3 because of the trinity?

What it boils down to is he is merely finding patterns and placing subjective significance on his associations.

Scientists will only allow for what is most often true. Statistical data, analysis and then back again. There is only what is most often true of a theory or an hypothesis.

Science moves but at the speed of a turtle, rightfully so.

There are other things that are inexplicable but right there....indisputable. I am a woman of science who has conceded to irrefutable/indisputable evidence. In my face...boom.

Camp apocalyptic/doomsday nonsense is of no interest.

The mysteries of universes/religion and scientific analysis are both beautiful because they do not compromise each other and are intrinsically connected , imo.

• Author

Solar eclipses occur roughly every 18 months--they are extremely common. -- That is true. However, the eclipse, plus a blood moon (which didn't happen) plus the specific alignment of the planets/stars in Virgo correlates to several specific earthly events that occur/occurred in Israel. There's much more to it than the numbers -- it's the events that are tied to dates and specific references in the bible in a number of different places in the bible.

focused on the number 33 because that is how old Jesus was -- He actually did pick that one wrong. The visual being drawn by Virgo and Jupiter coming through Virgo is that of a birthing which is roughly 37-42 weeks. The the start of this line up occurred roughly nine months ago. This entire constellation scenario occurred, supposedly, when Jesus was born.

The problem with Meade's supposition is that while there was an eclipse and a full moon and Jupiter was coming through Virgo, there wasn't a blood moon. A lot of the prophesy watchers got that mixed up. The other thing that messes with Meade's credibility is his further reference to Niburu, Planet X, etc. If he left that out, he might have received a little more credibility from me anyway. And, he really was misinterpreted that the 23rd would be THE day. The constellation cycle he's referring to actually ends in November. So, if he were to be correct still, there's almost another month for prophecied events associated to it to happen. (As a side note, NASA has confirmed that there maybe a Planet X. There is something out there messing with the axis of Pluto, I believe. That being said, if something that large was going to hit us, we'd be seeing it before now. Then again, if God really wanted that to happen, he could make it happen).

When everything the prophecy watchers are predicting as told through the bible happens, there will be a heavenly display preceding it which really has never happened before. Frankly, I think they have the season/timing, the constellation cluster and process right. When everything does go down, it will be in October, there will be a Blood Moon and Jupiter will "come out" of Virgo. The truth is that God could make the moon a blood moon at any time if it's the time he's prepared us for anyway though.

On top of all this some of the prophecy watchers are super good at say, astronomy/astrology and numbers but not so good with knowing their Bible and vice versa. For instance, one watcher was calculating to the year and against historical biblical events starting from 0. There is no year 0, so his calculations were off by a year so he couldn't have been right then anyway. I have yet to see anyone who is good enough at all of these things to get it right. And, guess what, I'd say that's exactly what God had planned all along. He doesn't want anyone to know and that's very, very specific. If someone does all this predicting often enough, eventually someone may end up being right even by coincidence . . . but who's gonna be remembering them for it?

Edited by Redhead14