What I learned from Google Earth.

BadFrequency

I learned why cells exist.

You know, "cells"?! Like in Biology class.

I now know and comprehend, why, they exist. Why at all? Why not a 'square' one? Or a triange one? Or a solid one? Why even have it in the first place?

I learned, from Google Earth.

By looking at a desert in Africa, and in China.

Zooming in on a sandy desert plain, randomly, you tend to find little homes, huts, camps, of an outer wall, and the actual home inside.

Appearing like a cell, the home is a nucleaus, the walls, with an entry/gate/both, and 'other stuff floating' in the space in between.

Resembling actual cells. I seen this in Africa. Syria. China. All the places we deem "3rd world", poverty, war torn.

I mean, you can do it too.. go there. Google earth, look around. Zoom in. You'll notice it. Walls, that are circles, squares, or any shape, but it resembles a cell.

Modern maps show the grid, you see the roofs.. usually different color, but in the villages you tend to see the wall first, the shape of the wall.

If you zoom in on a lake out in the middle of an arab desert, chances are there is one road. Follow it.

Then you find the small villages along the road.

The huts often have this wall. It looks so organic. It looks so... explanative about our own human physiology... The resmblence is uncanny. Too much to be "coincidental".

We are all 'human' after all, and humans just do and behave in ways that organic matter would also do.

The "reasoning" behind human's choice of a wall, is same as the cell's. The difference is, a human "knows it", but a cell doesn't. For a cell is "stupid". A cell alone, cannot "think".

It takes MANY cells, combined, to allow codes and languages to perpetuate.

To allow thought.

Truth is, a cell- the basic unit of physical life, by itself is very naked and weak and useless.

It takes a billion cells, just to make one screw. For the entire machine- and that machine, is the thing that is strong and covered and very needed.

But if it takes billions of cells just to make one single screw, and a machine can survive with a few screws missing, then surely, a cell in itself is but, irrelevant, in the bigger scheme of things.

The moral may be- stop learning. You're too smart, dammit.

Cells. Very interesting.

• Like 2

Very interesting read. But i believe you are meaning atoms in a screw. screws are metal, which are inorganic, where as cells make up living things.

very cool metaphor though to basic human nature and the quantum world though :) keep it up braniac :p

• Like 1
todreaminblue

what i find really interesting are storm cells....the antithesis to most cell structures....because they are not into construction and multiplying but simplifying and destruction and they are perfect at it...they should be called chaotics...storm chaotics....cyclone debbie is causing chaotic cells to form on the queensland far coast at the moment......notice they have to give storm cells peoples names....but why.....who chooses........because people are the ultimate chaotic formation of cells....theres a certain multiplicity in a

catastrophic collusion cauldron in the confusion of a human brain cell.
....that only god would understand and love.....

and now a cyclone has my namesake causing confusion to cellular life....old two tonne trees floored with air.......water being whipped to heavy cream pounding boats into splinters

...i actually don't really know what i am writing half the time.i oknow i love poetry...... i do like alliteration.....and i havent progressed to0 google earth i'm still on dictionary.com..the dr suess version......i like your brain thinks........wanna swap?...i have a disassociative brain.....three for the price of one..but wait...theres more......six bunnies are thrown in the mix ...:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:..keep thinkin who needs drinkin.......:0)).deb

Edited by todreaminblue

i wish i was a full fledged member so i could IM you my doctors details to get this thing going. i have a big head though, are u sure my brain will fit? i think a circumference of at least 62 cm would be required

todreaminblue
i wish i was a full fledged member so i could IM you my doctors details to get this thing going. i have a big head though, are u sure my brain will fit? i think a circumference of at least 62 cm would be required

Theoretically, intelligence might correlate with the absolute amount of brain an animal has after subtracting the weight of the spinal cord from the brain

i have always believed the smartest animals...are squid and ocotpi...they have no spinal chord.....no central nervous systems so brain function....isnt taxed in those areas making them brainiacs surrounded by a body made of water........and they fit in itty bitty living spaces...i think it would be also extra cool to have eight arms...i might actually type right........deb

plants actually have brain waves... does that make them the smartest of all??? their whole body is their brain... they're just sitting there growing and thinking, stupid human, do you even photosynthesis?

• Like 1
  • Author
BadFrequency
Very interesting read. But i believe you are meaning atoms in a screw. screws are metal, which are inorganic, where as cells make up living things.

very cool metaphor though to basic human nature and the quantum world though :) keep it up braniac :p

I meant the cells make a screw as a metaphor too, not literally. Such as, 999 humans makes a department at the company, and that department, are the "screws" of that whole company.

Yeah technically atoms make the screw. I should've used "right toenail" instead of "screw" as the example ;)

• Author
BadFrequency
what i find really interesting are storm cells....the antithesis to most cell structures....because they are not into construction and multiplying but simplifying and destruction and they are perfect at it...they should be called chaotics...storm chaotics....cyclone debbie is causing chaotic cells to form on the queensland far coast at the moment......notice they have to give storm cells peoples names....but why.....who chooses........because people are the ultimate chaotic formation of cells....theres a certain multiplicity in a ....that only god would understand and love.....

and now a cyclone has my namesake causing confusion to cellular life....old two tonne trees floored with air.......water being whipped to heavy cream pounding boats into splinters

...i actually don't really know what i am writing half the time.i oknow i love poetry...... i do like alliteration.....and i havent progressed to0 google earth i'm still on dictionary.com..the dr suess version......i like your brain thinks........wanna swap?...i have a disassociative brain.....three for the price of one..but wait...theres more......six bunnies are thrown in the mix ...:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:..keep thinkin who needs drinkin.......:0)).deb

HUH?

lol. j/k. yah, me either. Most of this was convo filler for awkward silences ;)

What's with the Bunnies??? ;)

todreaminblue
plants actually have brain waves... does that make them the smartest of all??? their whole body is their brain... they're just sitting there growing and thinking, stupid human, do you even photosynthesis?

lol..stupid humans.....john wyndham and t s eliot might have gotten it right..

.this is the way the world ends not with a bang but a whimper
T.S ELIOT......

but before that plants will go all day of the triffids on us..john wyndham style......due to our mismanagement of the planet we insult them with our very messy destructive existence.....we hurt their feelings too much ..stress them with our deodorants..... soon they strike back with ptsd and personality disorders.....which of course we misdiagnose and use labotamy botany to recitfy depressed plants who simply need more sunlight more tlc and water therapy..................deb

• Author
BadFrequency

It's true, all matter can BE the brain.

I think it's true for me. If you're really good, you can divert a section of the brain to store the main functions. Just in case you ever get shot ;P

It's pretty scary actually, that some globby goey planet structure looking all alieny veiny, can act as a brain. In fact, anything that can save two states, "off" and "on", collectively, can become a giant brain.

I learned why cells exist.

You know, "cells"?! Like in Biology class.

I now know and comprehend, why, they exist. Why at all? Why not a 'square' one? Or a triange one? Or a solid one? Why even have it in the first place?

I learned, from Google Earth.

By looking at a desert in Africa, and in China.

Zooming in on a sandy desert plain, randomly, you tend to find little homes, huts, camps, of an outer wall, and the actual home inside.

Appearing like a cell, the home is a nucleaus, the walls, with an entry/gate/both, and 'other stuff floating' in the space in between.

Resembling actual cells. I seen this in Africa. Syria. China. All the places we deem "3rd world", poverty, war torn.

I mean, you can do it too.. go there. Google earth, look around. Zoom in. You'll notice it. Walls, that are circles, squares, or any shape, but it resembles a cell.

Modern maps show the grid, you see the roofs.. usually different color, but in the villages you tend to see the wall first, the shape of the wall.

If you zoom in on a lake out in the middle of an arab desert, chances are there is one road. Follow it.

Then you find the small villages along the road.

The huts often have this wall. It looks so organic. It looks so... explanative about our own human physiology... The resmblence is uncanny. Too much to be "coincidental".

We are all 'human' after all, and humans just do and behave in ways that organic matter would also do.

The "reasoning" behind human's choice of a wall, is same as the cell's. The difference is, a human "knows it", but a cell doesn't. For a cell is "stupid". A cell alone, cannot "think".

It takes MANY cells, combined, to allow codes and languages to perpetuate.

To allow thought.

Truth is, a cell- the basic unit of physical life, by itself is very naked and weak and useless.

It takes a billion cells, just to make one screw. For the entire machine- and that machine, is the thing that is strong and covered and very needed.

But if it takes billions of cells just to make one single screw, and a machine can survive with a few screws missing, then surely, a cell in itself is but, irrelevant, in the bigger scheme of things.

The moral may be- stop learning. You're too smart, dammit.

Cells. Very interesting.

Look at this

Google Earth Coors: 27°22'54.59"N 33°37'48.46"E

Nice pattern in the sand shows you how cells could have developed.

Stuff on Google Mars also too. But you can learn so much today with digital tech. Enjoy your life..