Rosh Hashanah!

BetheButterfly

To all the people who celebrate Rosh Hashanah,

"May you be inscribed and sealed for a good year." :love:

These are cool songs about Rosh Hashanah for any curious people (including me).

"Rosh Hashanah Rock Anthem"

"What Makes Rosh Hashanah Beautiful?

Oh, Happy 5,777 years to the earth from the time of Adam and Eve till now according to the Hebrew calendar!!! :)

Hebrew Date Converter - 1st of Tishrei, 5777 | Hebcal Jewish Calendar

(No I don't want to discuss evolution on this thread.)

Does anyone want to share what Rosh Hashanah means to them?

For me personally, it means learning more if G-d wills; there's so much to learn by His amazing grace!!! :bunny:

Thank G-d for the time He gives. He knows the time period for each person. Time is a gift!

And, time is ticking away...

"Time Is"

Blessings in this new year!!! :love:

Edited by BetheButterfly

Hey BetheButterfly L’shanah tovah tikatevi v’taihatemi!! :laugh:

[may you be inscribed {in the book of life}and sealed for a good year]

• Like 1
planning4later

Hey Butterfly, happy Rosh to you as well.

I didn't wanna bring this up until after the holiday, but do you know why Rosh Hashana is considered the new year? I did a Bible study last year and it seems pretty clear, at least Biblically, that the new year occurs in the Spring season. In the OT, we are told that the year begins on the first new moon after the first barley harvest. This is 15 days prior to Passover. The dates for this would coincide with the modern March-April.

I've wondered why this was. I do know the traditional Jewish practices are not always the same as biblical practices. Maybe this is an example. But to me, at least conceptually, it seems to make sense that God would make the first season Spring. This is when everything "starts". Life came first, not death.