Why religion is a lie.

You don't become a better person by joining a religion, all these b "born again christians" are hypocrites, you don't change yourself by believing in a false God and religion, you become a better person by living many life times, so your soul can grow, spirituality is not something you learn from a book, it take many life times to become a purê soul. I've Always been a generous person and I don't try to f*ck people over, because that's what my soul is, it took many life times for me to be like this, oh by the way reincarnation will be proven eventually.

I believe I have grown a great deal, spiritually, mentally and emotionally, during this lifetime. I'm a way better person now than I was 30 yrs ago. Heck, I'm even better now than I was 5 yrs ago. I'm always learning and growing. One only has to be humble and open minded. Couple those traits with life experience and growth is bound to happen.

While I agree that just finding religion or becoming a born again Christian doesn't automatically make a person pure and decent, saying that one has to be reincarnated many times to become decent sounds equally as silly.

• Like 5

Religions are the formalization of faith, which is a real feeling, even though it has never been proved to be based on any reality of the existence of god. Religions are a human construct, and as such are inevitably diverse - and flawed. They may even be well-intentioned, but still have serious negative consequences for anyone who does not share the delusion.

Whilst I don't believe in any god, I'd never say to anybody that theirs doesn't exist... simply because I don't know. That said, if someone tries to convince me there is one they'll have a hard time!

The one consolation I take from the possibility that I'm wrong is that there will be several billion souls in the same queue as me, but devoted their entire mortal lives to the wrong religion(s). I'll have great fun taking the micky out of them as we're waiting to receive our eternal punishment :laugh:

• Like 2

Judge a religion based on its principles. Judge a church based on its people. Religion is a belief system. A church is a human operation.

• Like 1
T-16bullseyeWompRat

I think it is a little silly to bash someone else's beliefs on spirituality, then to claim their own beliefs on spirituality is fact. Even more silly to claim your spiritual beliefs will one day be proven as fact.

• Like 6
planning4later

I partly agree with OP. Even in the bible, religion that is manmade and man-centered is referred to as the "harlot". It wears Gods name, even talks about Jesus, but it commits spiritual adultery with the world; it is indistinguishable from the rest of the word.

• Like 1
I partly agree with OP. Even in the bible, religion that is manmade and man-centered is referred to as the "harlot". It wears Gods name, even talks about Jesus, but it commits spiritual adultery with the world; it is indistinguishable from the rest of the word.

"Indistinguishable from the rest of the word"?? What do you mean? The word of God?

planning4later
"Indistinguishable from the rest of the word"?? What do you mean? The word of God?

World. I made a typo. I'm talking about fraudulent Christians. But the Word of God stands forever.

Edited by planning4later

Religion is different from spiritual. One can be religious but not spiritual. E.g. one praise God with their lips but opposite with his action.

• Like 4

What happen? Where is this coming from? I firmly believe that when someone truly accepts Jesus Christ and become His follower, that person is authentic in all of his/her ways. No, not perfect, but genuine. I'm sorry if you've been deeply hurt by a fellow christian in the past. Blessings to you!

• Like 1

Amen.......