If you liked a missionary would you tell him/her?

I have a friend who is a missionary (not LDS nor Mormon). He still has about 16-18 months left abroad. Would you tell them or not? How would you say it? He was one of the first guys I met at this church.

I have a friend who is a missionary (not LDS nor Mormon). He still has about 16-18 months left abroad. Would you tell them or not? How would you say it? He was one of the first guys I met at this church.

Is he single? Is he local? What can he do about it if you tell him now? What's the nature of your relationship at the moment? Why don't you wait til he gets back? What if you meet someone you like better? Would you ever be open to doing missions work as well?

I would recommend to send him a hand written letter asking about his missions, life, etc. You don't have to say you like him or anything, but just see if you can develop correspondence. If he doesn't get you like him from that (or doesn't write you back), then you will know. Since it's just a friendly letter there also won't be awkwardness if things don't pan out and you see him at church. Hope this helps! :bunny:

• Like 2

If this is the same guy you met & liked right before he went away, I told you then to write to him in a courtship kind of way while he was on his mission trip & to see where things stood when he got home. That advice still stand but professing your love for him, or even announcing that you like him, is a bad plan as the opening gambit

• Like 2
soleilesquire

If this person is called to be a longtime or career missionary and you are not, then let it go. If he is just doing short term, then I agree with Donnavin.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
BetheButterfly

Oh boy. That's a tough call.

I wouldn't. I had a crush on a guy at church before I met my hubby, and I never told him. I'm glad I didn't, because he later shared at a prayer meeting that he was praying for a Christian woman who was tall (He's 6'4'') and I'm not tall at all lol.

So, personally I think it'd be best to see about writing him and just becoming better friends, with no expectations. Just pray for him and see what happens. It's possible God has someone different for you, so guard your heart! :) It's worth it to wait! :bunny:

By the way, I would pray for my "Special Someone' everyday till I met him. My hubby and I have been married for 4 years, and I am so thankful God brought us together!!! While I wish He had brought us together earlier, it's important to wait for His time.

Edited by BetheButterfly
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
youngskywalker

This might seem a little abrasive but it's my opinion non-the-less. I think you should try to seduce him with sex. It's a home run. He's a deprived missionary with pent up sexual desires he keeps secret. He wants a woman to seduce him. Be blunt and be bold. He want be able to resist.