Halloween is the "Devil's Day" to some Christians, others..not at all

This has been a rather difficult for me to find a Christian woman, however, it's hard to find someone that, for some reason, fell under the false notion that it's a "Day of the Devil" and not something that's just FUN to do?

Why is it that some Christians seriously believe in such things while others are okay with it?

irc,

I certainly don't think that kids dressing up in horrid costumes and going around after dark knocking on doors and scaring the living crap out of folks is a fun thing to do.

"Trick or Treat " could fall under the description of "extracting money with menaces" here in UK.

Here on Halloween we have a big sign on our door saying "No trick or treaters, please".

The Christian meaning of "Halloween" is "All Hallows Eve".

What is All Hallows Eve Traditions?

• Author
irc,

I certainly don't think that kids dressing up in horrid costumes and going around after dark knocking on doors and scaring the living crap out of folks is a fun thing to do.

"Trick or Treat " could fall under the description of "extracting money with menaces" here in UK.

Here on Halloween we have a big sign on our door saying "No trick or treaters, please".

The Christian meaning of "Halloween" is "All Hallows Eve".

What is All Hallows Eve Traditions?

Then the day after, it's "All Saints Day"

Where in the world did you get the notion that they "Scare the living crap out of folks"? :laugh: All they say is, "Trick or treat" and obviously the patrons are prepared for it and actually find them cute...not scary. :laugh:

Funny.

Do people of England scare easily? :)

Edited by irc333

irc333,

I've found with Trick or Treaters that it isn't the ones at the front door that you have to worry about. It the ones that are climbing your back fence and tipping your dustbin/trashcan all over the backyard while you are distracted or,( insert any other mindless vandalism) that's the problem.

Do people of England scare easily?

Some old folks do, because they don't understand it.

• Author
irc333,

I've found with Trick or Treaters that it isn't the ones at the front door that you have to worry about. It the ones that are climbing your back fence and tipping your dustbin/trashcan all over the backyard while you are distracted or,( insert any other mindless vandalism) that's the problem.

LOL...that's bad pretty much wherever you go. That being said, you might as well stay in the UK, United States is a WHOLE lot work as such vandalistic activities happen daily. ;-)

• Like 1

It's different in the state's. It's a laugh for the kids and well organized. If I was living there I would probably do it. It's a bit different here. The kids are nutcases and don't really dress up and demand cash wearing jeans and a fashionable black hoodies. Then you have bonkers homeowners who sometimes lace goodies with nasty things. A bit different. But I realise i have not answered you question. Try a non Christian woman or a druidess?

• Like 2

I wonder what the super-religious person might do if you tell them to not buy gifts and decorate their homes for Xmas and just stay home and/or go to church and pray....cuz, that's what Xmas 'really' would be about, no?

I mean, all the gift buying and decoration is somewhere in a scripture - a requirement to do on said day?

Yes, I think people who make a big thing about some things are just ridiculous...That's why I don't deal with certain people or go to places of worship like I used to do.

OMG, and I hate when like you're first meeting someone at work or via friends or you just moved to a new area and they always ask - where do you worship?

Gloris25,

I wonder what the super-religious person might do if you tell them to not buy gifts

what's a "super-religious":confused: person ??

One who wears their underwear over their trousers.

Gloris25,

what's a "super-religious":confused: person ??

• Like 6

It's my favorite event. No gifts required, you can do as lil or as much as you want, and it is the one time adults can be a kid :)

• Like 2

That`s why if i lived Stateside i would really get into it.

It's my favorite event. No gifts required, you can do as lil or as much as you want, and it is the one time adults can be a kid :)
One who wears their underwear over their trousers.

I thought that was Superman/Wonderwoman?

Maybe I'm missing something here ? :rolleyes:

• Like 2
That`s why if i lived Stateside i would really get into it.

One year you should make the trek and go to a city that really celebrates Halloween. Takes people watching to a whole new level. Of course you could just go to New Orleans...it's like that most of the year ;)

• Like 2
One year you should make the trek and go to a city that really celebrates Halloween. Takes people watching to a whole new level. Of course you could just go to New Orleans...it's like that most of the year ;)

Try Key West!

• Like 2
Actually, I'll just seek a Christian woman of like-mindedness.

Fortunately there are over a billion Christian women in the world.

• Like 2
  • Author
Witches, skeletons, 'trick or treat'. Many think it's cute. But imo, it's a demonic celebration.

Actually. ..it's a celebration of making a mockery of devil and the devil doesn't like that.

Funny how some Christians think its the most terrible thing in the world to celebrate while others see no harm in it. Plus your fellowshipping by going from home to home.

Thegreatestthing

Halloween is a ancient pagan festival when the veil /hedge between the dark and light spiritual world and this one is thinnest.

I'm glad it's still celebrated.

• Like 1