Can ye first stone at ME! Who here has never struggled with sin? It's a constant battle in my life and I want to know who has actually overcome it.

Ready.

Set.

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be back in 15.... wine!

• Like 1

I don't think anyone can ever overcome sinning...

I think all we can do is our best to minimize our sinning and do other good things to balance it out...

We humans are some flawwwwed things....:laugh:

Some people carry symbols (i.e. rosaries) or even mini-keychain bibles so they can have a visual reminder of a religious belief and/or use the symbol to recite certain things....(think of having a lucky rabbit's foot).

Some people don't put themselves in situations they know will lead to sin (i.e. going up to a chick's place for a nite cap, cuz you might let go and sleep with her).

Some people just surround themselves with remembrance...(i.e. prayer several times a day, listening to religious rock/pop, going to church on the regular etc.)

• Like 2

When I was broke back in the day I seriously considered a life of crime but I am glad I never did it. My friends who went that route are not doing well.

• Like 2
  • Author

It's like, temptation surrounds me and my choices sometimes, are not good ones! LOL

• Author
When I was broke back in the day I seriously considered a life of crime but I am glad I never did it. My friends who went that route are not doing well.

Amen to that my friend!!!

No one is perfect. Hopefully we just learn from our mistakes and just keep trying the best we can to live the kind of life we aspire to.

It's the people that think they're perfect that I have a hard time dealing with .

• Like 5

Everyone sins don't they?

Ever heard that song....if I'm judged on the life I've been living, and if heaven is not so for giving, then I don't care cause I won't know anybody there..

Some folk sin for the right reasons, some for the wrong ones... I think at the end of the day you have to be able to look the man in the mirror in the eye.

If your son made the same choices you did - would you be proud of him! That's the question..

• Like 3
The Like Fairy
Everyone sins don't they?

Ever heard that song....if I'm judged on the life I've been living, and if heaven is not so for giving, then I don't care cause I won't know anybody there..

Some folk sin for the right reasons, some for the wrong ones... I think at the end of the day you have to be able to look the man in the mirror in the eye.

If your son made the same choices you did - would you be proud of him! That's the question..

Great food for thought :)

• Author

I meant to say CAST, by the way. Cell phones sometimes like to change my words as I post :)

I too, also walk this rough road.

Like when I see a woman walking down the street in a tube dress.

Evil mind, I rebuke thee!

• Like 3
  • Author
What did you do Cali?

NOTHING! I assure you! LOL. It's what I am THINKING!

Ive done a couple really bad, bad things recently. I immediately discussed with therapist (he happens to be Chistian oriened therapitist that somehow tolarates my nasty mouth). Anyway, one particuliar deed that I commited I wished I could take back in the light of morning. I didn't need to stomp the person into the ground and copy it to their loved one so they would lay off me. Totally unnessary, and I'm sure my actions caused a lot of pain. But at that monent - I wasn't thinking about that.

Anyway, my Chistian thetipast told me the biblical story of King David. He did a couple VERY BAD things. Much worse than any of us. It is a good story to teach a lesson, about hoe God forgives our sins. (And too, how we getted wrapped up in out wrong doing, and before you knoe it, if you dont face you demons, they will face you).

Well, it wasn't my proudest moment, but there were reasons why I had no intention of apologizing - as I did nothing to bring the situation about. The therapist prayed a good prayer with me, citing infractions on both women's sides, and for God to guide us, and give me especially peace, for I was so troubled by my actions to end the conflict and connection perminently (with this girl).

I have peacr now. But what I did was a sin. And I have commited a sin or two since then, because I have a lot of trouble restraining myself. But, with the help of friends, and getting the thetapy, snd being honest when I eff up, I am really beginning to comprehrnd the pattern, rven though my mind is muddied with sn enormous smount of medication for the bi-polar 2. Sin away, but care, once you realize it, that's my take. Im not a religious type at all. Yas

Continuing in sin, without repentance by the aid of the Holy Spirit, will result in a person going to hell. Jesus, himself, said that drunkards and adulterers and liars will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Are we all sinners? Yes. But the difference is some repent and some don't care to. God is patient and gives us time. But don't take it for granted. Make yourself right today because it could be your last. If you are a Christian and don't believe you need to repent, you are deceived according to the words of Jesus and Paul.

Edited by M30USA
  • Like 2

I think that's why repentance - confessing your sins to the Lord, asking His forgiveness, and resolving to turn away from them - is such an integral part of practicing the Christian faith.

I always thought the concept of repentance was a mind-trick to keep us from becoming self-promoting and prideful. (And that may very well be part of the plan.) But for me it's been more of keeping AWARENESS of the sins I'm committing, in order to make corrections and get off the destructive paths that the sins are leading me down.

Of course I would never be able to do this on my own steam. Only through God's incredible grace and guidance. It's a process.

• Like 1
Continuing in sin, without repentance by the aid of the Holy Spirit, will result in a person going to hell. Jesus, himself, said that drunkards and adulterers and liars will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Are we all sinners? Yes. But the difference is some repent and some don't care to.

And if you repent you never do it again, right?

I know I'll do this again but I repent so that's okay. Right? Guess what? Anyone can avoid all sin. It is just a matter of choice. When you "sin again", and you know you will, you will do it knowingly which means you are doing it without repentance. So it seems that repentance only occurs when it's easy.

Edited by Robert Z
  • Like 1
And if you repent you never do it again, right?

I know I'll do this again but I repent so that's okay. Right? Guess what? Anyone can avoid all sin. It is just a matter of choice. When you "sin again", and you know you will, you will do it knowingly which means you are doing it without repentance. So it seems that repentance only occurs when it's easy.

God gives the ability to repent. If you don't successfully repent, it was based on your own effort and not the Holy Spirit. True repentance leads a person into literally HATING their sin.

• Like 1
God gives the ability to repent. If you don't successfully repent, it was based on your own effort and not the Holy Spirit. True repentance leads a person into literally HATING their sin.

And yet no one quits sinning. So how much do they really hate it?

• Like 1
And yet no one quits sinning. So how much do they really hate it?

It's a process. When a person has finally repented of a sin, they will not go back. But there is a struggle during the process. This concept is a microcosm of life as a whole. We are currently living in a world where sin and holiness are swirled together like water and oil. There is a struggle for each of us to choose each day the direction we are headed. As you know, water and oil must separate eventually. We are living in a confusing world with much pain and struggle. It's a process. Life is a rough draft for eternity. Here we make our decisions in the midst of the confusion.

• Like 1
It's a process. When a person has finally repented of a sin, they will not go back. But there is a struggle during the process. This concept is a microcosm of life as a whole. We are currently living in a world where sin and holiness are swirled together like water and oil. There is a struggle for each of us to choose each day the direction we are headed. As you know, water and oil must separate eventually. We are living in a confusing world with much pain and struggle. It's a process. Life is a rough draft for eternity. Here we make our decisions in the midst of the confusion.

So the answer is that eventually people learn to hate specific sins, but not all sins? So they never really hate sin. They just hate some sins - the ones they're good at beating.

• Like 1
So the answer is that eventually people learn to hate specific sins, but not all sins? So they never really hate sin. They just hate some sins - the ones they're good at beating.

Anything which is not done in faith is sin. Anything which is not done by the direction of the Holy Spirit is sin. Your problem is that you are viewing this subject from an ethical/moral perspective . The truth is bigger than that. One who is living by the Spirit is not under the wrath of God because the wrath of God comes from the Law and the Law pertains to the flesh. The idea is that, in our spiritual walk, we gradually (or sometimes suddenly) forsake the things of this world and the things of the flesh. However, the strange part is that obviously God placed us here in the flesh. So obviously he wants us to see what it's all about--with the purpose of having us see it has nothing good to offer. As Paul said, he has "no confidence in the flesh". Unfortunately youth and prosperity blind us to these facts. It's not until God, in his mercy, causes us to age and gently lose these things that we finally see the truth here.

Edited by M30USA
  • Like 1

With awareness comes responsibility. Some folks choose to stay blind.

Favorite hymn...Amazing grace says it all.

• Like 2
With awareness comes responsibility. Some folks choose to stay blind.

Favorite hymn...Amazing grace says it all.

Amazing grace wouldn't be sung in most churches today because it's perceived as negative and says a person is basically worthless without God. Notice how most worship songs today have the message of...I am so special, that's why God loves me, I am so wonderful, God believes in me...yadda yadda...

As proof of this, a recent remake of amazing grace took out the phrase "that saved a wretch like me" and changed it into "I hear you singing over me". Hmm...

Edited by M30USA
  • Like 1