My brother needs prayer

My brother had a stroke yesterday. He is only 43. It seemed to be just a mini-stroke at first but then it quickly escalated. Doctors are looking for answers and running all kinds of tests. He was sent via helicopter to a bigger hospital. They said he is not doing well. When a doctor says that you know it's not good. I am so distraught over this. Please pray for my brother. He has been a God-fearing man his whole life. He understands that this doesn't mean he will be free from suffering but it still hurts. Thank you.

• Like 2

Your brother and family are in my prayers, M30. I can't imagine how scary this must be right now. :( I'm praying for healing for your brother, for capable staff treating him, and for strength for your family. As you mentioned, facing something like this is beyond painful. Please find comfort in knowing you're not alone. We're all praying for you.

(hugs)

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

I'll pray for him but can you post his first name here or PM me it please?

How are you doing?

• Like 1
My brother had a stroke yesterday. He is only 43. It seemed to be just a mini-stroke at first but then it quickly escalated. Doctors are looking for answers and running all kinds of tests. He was sent via helicopter to a bigger hospital. They said he is not doing well. When a doctor says that you know it's not good. I am so distraught over this. Please pray for my brother. He has been a God-fearing man his whole life. He understands that this doesn't mean he will be free from suffering but it still hurts. Thank you.

You got it. Keep your chin up. My ex has had 3 major heart attacks and one stroke. You should see him now- he's been back to work now for a couple of years.

Is he your older brother? My ex was carted to one of the best hospitals in CA and they said the same thing. He got up and checked himself out within two days. He shouldn't have done that because he was weak and a mess.

• Like 1
  • Author

His name is Frank. The doctors said the situation does not look promising. In their opinion, he will not come out of it. I just can't believe all this. My family is in shock. I just flew across the country to be with him. I am not concerned about his soul. I know where he's going. But he has 2 kids in high school and a wife. This is awful and I'm just trying to keep myself together.

His name is Frank. The doctors said the situation does not look promising. In their opinion, he will not come out of it. I just can't believe all this. My family is in shock. I just flew across the country to be with him. I am not concerned about his soul. I know where he's going. But he has 2 kids in high school and a wife. This is awful and I'm just trying to keep myself together.

Now that you're there are the doctors saying why he will not come out of it? Is there significant damage to his brain?

I know you know this, but hearing it is sometimes good. God can do anything He wants according to His will. Nothing is too big or too small for our God. Has he been anointed with oil? Has he been prayed over? Sorry if that is intrusive, it's just a common practice for me.

They said the same thing about my ex and my daughter laid hands on him (his head to be specific) and miraculously the blockage moved and was undetectable...the doctors didn't understand it.

• Like 2

I'm so sorry for what you and your whole family is going through right now. Sometimes things don't make much sense but that's when you need more faith than ever.

I know that you have that, and thankfully you do. You all will be okay but I know it doesn't make what you're going through less difficult.

You're all in my prayers. xo

• Like 2

"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." ~ Psalm 55:22

Glad you're there with your brother now. Praying for you guys.

"O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress" ~Isaiah 33:2

• Like 3

Prayers for strength as you and the entire family gather to show support. You each deserve to be anchored in Gods' holiness. It's thru these challenges that more will be revealed. May you each find calmness thru the storm. God Bless.

• Like 3
  • Author

Hi everybody, I want to thank you so much for your prayers and concerns. Today the Lord has decided to take my brother home. We were all there to pray over him while the doctor believed he could still hear. I told him how much I love him and that he was more like a father to me than a brother. He was the very first one in my family to accept Jesus and was the reason why everybody else followed. Today, while all of us stood beside him, he took a deep breath and gave up his spirit, as if he was relieved, and the nurse said he had passed. Thank you so much for your prayers. The Lord has put this verse into my heart. I read it aloud at his bedside:

"The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil." (Isaiah 57:1)

GorillaTheater

Man, that's a tough hand, M30, and I'm very sorry. I know you take a lot of comfort knowing he's in a better place, but I'm sorry for the loss to you and your family.

43 is way too young to be taken.

• Like 1

I'm very sorry for your loss :(

This is very shocking for someone so young. If you are up to it, can you explain what the medical professionals say happened?

• Like 1

I'm very sorry too M30. I would be going out of my mind if something like this was happening to my sister.

Edit: I see it's too late. My condolences.

• Like 1

I just saw the thread and was sadden to read that you had to say goodbye to Frank. I am truly sorry for you and his family that this is how things have played out. You are in my prayers.

• Like 1

Such a tender way for him to be guided to his place in heaven. May you each grieve in away that heals you and brings you to peace with this loss. My sincere condolence during this time. Prayers of comfort.

• Like 1
evanescentworld

Please accept my sincere condolences and heartfelt wishes for you and his family.

Everyone must be feeling empty and wretched, and to have such a thing happen to one so young, makes anyone wonder why on earth...

There are no answers to 'why', sometimes.

Sometimes, we get given stuff over which we have no control or choice.

I am pleased for you that your faith sustains and strengthens you and hope that it continues to do so, keeping you all secure and comforted in your dreadful, unforeseen grief.

Be so good as to convey all our very good wishes and thoughts to his family.

With much Metta and Karuna to you and yours,

E.W.

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss.

No one knows the reasons for untimely death but your brother is smiling now and he is happy with God. You will miss him and grieve for his passing but your faith will sustain you and give you comfort. My God give you peace at this time is my prayer.

• Like 1
I told him how much I love him and that he was more like a father to me than a brother. He was the very first one in my family to accept Jesus and was the reason why everybody else followed.

:(

I'm so sorry M30.

Your brother was an amazing man. He led his family to Christ. There is no higher honor.

There are no words that can take away the pain. But just remember that, even in the darkest moments, God's love prevails. Hold on to Him.

My most sincere sympathies.

:(

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks everyone. We are comforted by the fact that his death was quick and he was able to still hold on long enough for his entire family to say goodbye. When I say family, I mean he had a LOT of family from everywhere. I'm just concerned about his wife and two boys who haven't graduated high school yet.

This is just one of those things that will leave a permanant hole in our hearts. I mean you start expecting these things once people reach their 70s. But 43 seems too young.

I am thoroughly convinced that I witnessed the exact moment when he released his spirit. I always wondered why the Bible refers to the spirit as a breath or a wind. I saw it. This has brought us much peace. We will just miss him. I don't want to go decades without seeing my brother.

• Like 3